Would you date a man who says he is in the process of getting a...... ....divorce?

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by mr.rip, Mar 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

Would you date a man who says he is in the process of getting a......

....divorce?

Would you even waste your time?
    test
  2. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

No. If I was using him for some reason, maybe. But other than that, no.

Married is married, and I wouldn't consider a married man a serious prospect.
    test
  3. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

What about married but separated would you date them then?
    test
  4. tight-eyes

Nope. Still married.

Years ago I met this guy... handsome, real cool. Said he wanted to date me but was in a "complicated situation"; he was in the "process" of breaking up with his live-in girlfriend and looking for an apartment of his own. I told him to holler at me if/when he worked that situation out and AFTER he had cut all ties with the other woman.

Talk about a HUGE RED FLAG.

He ended up dating a friend of mine, who constantly had drama with him over the live-in girlfriend who he never really severed ties with. Even Stevie Wonder could have seen that trainwreck coming.

So, no. Married. Seperated. In the "process" of divorcing. Living with someone. In any kind of relationship. Even if you're "just staying for the kids and gonna leave her as soon as you save up enough to get your own place. No. Just... no.

If a man is serious about me, he needs to come to me correct and with respect... and that includes being free of prior attachments. Don't put me in a position where I have to play second fiddle to another woman. I deserve more than the leftover pieces of any man. If he's unwilling to unattach himself, well then that tells me all I really needed to know about what his intentions were for me in the first place.

To be honest, I actually loath men that are involved with other women, but still try to holler at me. I take offense to it. It lets me know that he doesn't have good intentions or my best interest at heart, and that hes likely trying to play me. Which is why I said, I might entertain him for a bit if I was using him for some reason. No sex... but I might let him chill with me long enough to get whatever I could out of the situation, and then bounced. Got a married dude I know at this very moment treading dangerously close to this territory and he doesn't even know it.
    test
  5. mr.rip

mr.rip New Member

Wow that's some story dude was wrong lol.
    test
  6. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

so if they're living in separate states and they are getting divorced, its just not finalized yet, still no?

damn.
    test
  7. tight-eyes

Why not just wait until after the divorce is finalized? Whats the rush?
    test
  8. Sincere313

Sincere313 Realist of them all

Nope, not I. Thats usually the line that every man gives to a women whom they just met, "Im in the process of getting a divorce". Mysteriously, the divorce never goes in progress. So Im straight on men like that, I want them to stay as far as possible..
    test
  9. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

cuz you'd probably be out fucking with someone else
    test
  10. tight-eyes

Let that be the reason you get that divorce finalized expeditiously.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.