would you consider marriage a religious concept? ...

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Nu'maaN, Aug 25, 2013.

1. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Marriage has always been a religious institution. the ceremonies and traditions of it as well.

there are secular responses to it, like civil union which i agree is more appropriate.

but ive been all around this topic already. So i wont go into detail
    test
  2. FeedMeMore

FeedMeMore Moderator

The only issue is when we gave specific rights to married couples through the state kind of expanded it beyond our religious confines
    test
  3. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

how come the religious dudes who get all uppity about gay marriage dont get all uppity about couples getting married by a JP? thats taking the religion right out of marriage. Tons of people get married by Jp's
    test
  4. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

historically speaking, marriage has been around since before any of the modern religions. there's no telling if it originally arose in a religious context or not, but either way it has always had a secular/practical function as well.
    test
  5. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

i still have yet to hear a reasonable excuse on why the religious get so uppity about it.... all i see is it seems like they are like a baby with some toys, and another baby comes and takes a toy to play with, and the other baby freaks out and has a shit-fit because he doesnt think he should have to share his stuff.

this is just what ive seen. Im open to hearing a good reason, but so far i have heard none.
    test
  6. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

what are you even talking about? that's not even the point i'm making.

i'm asking, if you gay guys want to get married, why does it have to be in a church/mosque/synagogue?

i could give a fuck less where the cunts get married, it's not my life, i'm not the one sucking dick on my knees.

:numaan:
    test
  7. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

at this point nu the conversation had moved beyond your initial question
    test
  8. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

lol.

:numaan:
    test
  9. FeedMeMore

FeedMeMore Moderator

You haven't heard one or won't accept one. They diisagree with the definition change is reason enough for them to stand there ground.

The other issue is that religious people fear of loss of there rights when this get put in. A flower shop, a backery in the states have already been sued for not wanting to participate and the CHurch of england sued.
    So it's not just about them wanting rights but them demanding everyone celebrate it regardless of personal feelings.

The other reason is they simply disagree with the changing of the definition of marriage. To the religious It's the same as changing the rule to make polygamy legal, or to make underage marriage legal. Sure you can make the change but not everyone is going to agree with such changes.
    test
  10. FeedMeMore

FeedMeMore Moderator

And should another baby just be able to take random toys and that somehow ok Do kids have to share with every kid who asks
    test
  11. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

they dont have to like it, and it should be able to happen without the 1 baby having an emotional mental breakdown
    test
  12. FeedMeMore

FeedMeMore Moderator

So I can just walk uip to you and take what you have and you should be ok with it. Just because someone wants something doesn't mean the other person is required to give it.
    test
  13. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

havent heard one

they should just grow up and accept it basically

and a bakery gets sued for not wanting to bake a cake for someone because they were gay? im glad they got sued. They deserved it.
    test
  14. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

haha marriage isnt like a purse, nobody is stealing any money from you
    test
  15. FeedMeMore

FeedMeMore Moderator

No they have no problem with the person being gay and have done work for gay people. They have an issue with there being involved in a gay marriage which is an event there business doesn't support. I don't think you should be able to force a business to be involved in any event they don't support and see only 1 persons rights being ignored in that scenario.

They don't deserve and only against religious would you really force people to be involve in EVENTS they are against.
    test
  16. FeedMeMore

FeedMeMore Moderator

Following your example to show it doesn't make sense when you look at it. It's your comparison that's not logical.

They are stealing rights from people to be able to choose there own beliefs. And forcing people to celebrate
    test
  17. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

so if a plumber said im not going to fix your toilet cuz youre a jew, thats totally cool to you?
    hes allowed to be a jew hater cuz america is free and he can run his business how he wants and specially doesnt want to do plumbing work for jews.

yup sounds cool to me
    test
  18. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

it was your example not mine, youre the one who said "So I can just walk uip to you and take what you have and you should be ok with it."

all they want is to get married, its not like they are making you attend their weddings. They are regular people. You labeling them as different than you is part of the problem.

maybe all redheads should have drink from a different fountain than the rest of us, them redheads always making us celebrate having red hair, those dirty bastards!
    test
  19. FeedMeMore

FeedMeMore Moderator

That's not the same thing. They don't discriminate against homosexuals. If you have a birthday or other celebration and are homosexual they have no problem serving you. However they don't believe in homosexual weddings and in turn don't want to support that.

I used to be a dj and dj'd some weddings. You are saying that if I choose not to dj homosexual weddings as I don't support that celebration I should be sued? That's ridiculous and shows a lack of freedom going forth from the group that loves to scream about tolerance

If you are a plumber and you say hey I don't do certain plumbing jobs are you not allowed to decide what events you do.

There's a difference in discriminating against the people and choosing not to participate in an event.
    test
  20. FeedMeMore

FeedMeMore Moderator

No you are the one who started with saying it's like a child not sharing his toy and I showed how expanding on it it doesn't make sense.

They don't have to drink from a different fountain. But I'm not required to participate in celebration of red hair day either
    test