Would anyone be surprised to see the cavs get swept in it the finals.

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by MC propaganda, Jun 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G-Rob da great

G-Rob da great Fear moondog.

Not really.

They were good enough to win the eastern conference.
    test
  2. Out Writechas

Out Writechas New Member

lol
    test
  3. Ethan Albright

Ethan Albright New Member

Please. Chicago & Detroit > Cavs.

Doesn't always work the way it should though.

Cavs overachieved big time.
    test
  4. G-Rob da great

Lmao.

Um explain how Detroit is better.

Chicago could barely hang with Detroit and we beat them. Whenever Chicago's perimiters players are off, they lose. That's why they got pounced on so badly by Detroit. Plus the Bulls haven't been able to hold a candle to us in regular season and we beat them in the game that ultimately decided the 2 seed. And that game was in Chicago.

Cavs > east

Ethan Alstupid.

Rippy McStupid.

Stupid McDumbass.

Doofus.
    test
  5. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

WTF....nah nigga. We lost to New Jersey at the Meadowlands to lose the two seed. Don't start with this revisionist history. I'm not taking anything away from your Cavs, but don't disrespect my Bulls.
    test
  6. MC propaganda

MC propaganda Well-Known Member

cavs arent a better team than the pistons, they dont have better players, they dont have better shooters, they dont have more scorers, they dont have more experience, poise, or athletic ability away from lebron james, they play arguably just as good of defense. The difference was completely coaching, nothing more

cavs have a better coaching staff, that was the difference in the series, had they still had Larry brown, wouldnt even be talking about a sweep in the finals, flip saunders ran the team into the ground, horrendously.

They outplayed the pistons for sure, but thats because flip kept running the same non working shit every game and would bench any player who started to make shots for someone who hasnt played in 71 games.

I dunno though, i dont think cavs will be top three in the east next year, i kind of think they missed out on their only finals chance for a while big time, unless lebron gets another good player.

Pistons just got somewhat better by trading delfino, he wont be playing 30 mins for zero points anymore, not to mention if they play some of our rookies they keep in training, amir is a beast.
    test
  7. G-Rob da great

If Chicago had beat the Cavs on March 31st they would've never had to worry about the New Jersey game, they probably would've been sitting starters in that game.

The Bulls and Cavs were neck and neck for the 2 seed when they played that game. The Cavs victory in OT gave them some breathing room. The Cavs were completely in control of their destiny at that point but they sat LeBron in the next game and had a 2 point loss to the Celtics. That put the Bulls back in the same position. The Bulls and Cavs both went on strong runs to close out the season but ultimately, if the Bulls had won that game the distance between them and Cleveland would've been unreachable unless Cleveland ran the table (they didn't, they lost to Boston, Miami and Detroit). The Bulls gave it back with the loss in New Jersey but had they beat Cleveland in one of the biggest games of the regular season, it wouldn't have been an issue.

I'm not disrespecting the Bulls, I just don't think Big Ben and Tyrus Thomas makes them THAT much better than last year when we swept them. The Bulls are a close third for east crown IMO.
    test
  8. G-Rob da great

I count a team's coach as a part of the team. If a coach gets credit when he goes above and beyond with a team (Larry Brown Sixers 01 for example), then a team should also lose credit when they have bad coaching.

Detroit and Cleveland are really closer to even than one team flat out better than the other. The biggest thing Detroit has is consistency, Cleveland's guys are on and off and they don't really have that second consistant scorer. The defenses are about even... I'd take our bigs but ya'lls backcourt. I just think the biggest advantages Cleveland has is LeBron and the coaching staff which speaks volumes. Without LeBron and the coaching staff Detroit would easily sweep Cleveland which like I said the other day, you can't weaken Detroit AS much by removing one player from the equation.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.