worut question. for upcoming toughman contest

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Dark-Vybe, Jan 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark-Vybe

Dark-Vybe Active Member

alright, how can i perpair?

tough man is "boxing", if you wanna call it that
    3; 1 minute rounds, basically dudes just throwin haymakers

this will be my 3rd year, i got beat by the same dude 1st fight in the last 2
    he got the decision in year 1
    an year 2 he knocked me out with 8 seconds togo in the 3rd
    (wasnt really a knockout, i was just gettin my ass kicked an had no wind left so he cought my in the chin with a nice hook an i...... yea ok he knocked my ass out, i didnt want anymore.... but i did win round 1, i think)

i have 1 1/2 months...
    my weight division is 160-184
    im 6'3" 183
    so im taller then everyone in my division an have benn the last 2 years

whats your advice?
    test
  2. Dark-Vybe

Dark-Vybe Active Member

i do have a gym membership with all the goods so im lookin for a workout...
    no pool tho
    test
  3. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

Lots of running and I'd also train on slipping punches.
    test
  4. J o o k

J o o k Guest

Everyone is shorter meaning more weight, which in return usually equals more power. You have reach so use your jab, and train on endurance.
    test
  5. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

stamina, endurance, and work your jab religiously...
    test
  6. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

Sounds like some primitive imbecilic shit.
    test
  7. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

I did toughman when I was 18. I got 3rd in lightweight. Guy my size won it all (I'm skinny), but he just outboxed a much more strong short stocky guy. I was almost glad, because that bulldog looking guy had been crushing everyone within seconds. The small guy just stayed away from him and landed and blocked. (you get points for blocking...or used to)

But they stopped doing toughman here. Some girl got killed, and i thought it all ended. Maybe not?

anyway - run a lot. Jump rope a lot. Go at the heavy bag with ankle weights on your wrists. I did this a lot, because I boxed before this, and my dad was like a drill sergeant when it came to boxing. Up every day running at 6 am before school and on weekends. Sucked.

Dont think everyone in there's just throwing haymakers though unless you're in heavy weight. There are some slick ass fighters in the middle weights. We had this russian guy in our middle that was like Jean Claude Van Damme remade. He quick and built.
    test
  8. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

check out crossfit.com for workouts that will put your fitness on anlother level compared to the guys you fight
    test
  9. GuYaNeSe_KiNg

GuYaNeSe_KiNg New Member

For endurance, put on a stop watch. Go outside and run hard (and I mean HARD) for 1 minute. Rest for a minute and repeat that for 3 rounds.

As your stamina builds, add in a fourth round. When it gets even better, decrease rest to 45 seconds and so on. You can keep making it harder.

This shouldn't be your only conditioning routine, but throw it in with other things and it works great.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.