worst trade ever?

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by smkn123, Jul 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smkn123

smkn123 well alright

why the fuck did the rockets trade a top 10 pick in rudy gay for shane battier a bust and stromile swift an ok bigman

i dont get this trade at all...so wen gays a superstar and battier and swift dont even play for the rockets anymore its gonna be funny
    test
  2. Klas~Sick

Klas~Sick New Member

it isnt that hard to come up w/ a reason...houston arleady has 2 stars, tmac n yao, why have another one? who knows if gay really does become a star, but if he does, thatll be in a few years, and i do understand that keepin gay wouldve helped houston maintain a decent team in the future when tmac n yao get old or retire, but keeping gay wouldnt help houston contend the title now, i do agree that they traded too much for shane, shouldve added at least hakim warrick, but bla, thats how they roll, but shane helps tmac MAJOR by guarding the best shooter on the opposing team, shane is a nice defender, this relieves pressure off tmac by carrying the load on both ends of the floor, and altho shane isnt much of a scorer, he can actually hit the open shots tmac and yao create, something last season players on the teat had a problem, ALSO if tmac or yao get hurt, instead of forcing rafer or whoever to step their game up to another level and carry the scoring load, shanes consitency'll help out by only making rafer take a few extra shots, rafer cant get 20pts a game consitently, if he has to then his holes of the game will be exposed, w/ shane on the team, no one would have to have a tmac performance to win a game, if you think gay should have a tmac night when tmacs out, youre expecting too much for a rookie to handle, the team doesnt need another star, just the right players to surround tmac n yao
    test
  3. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

they traded swift and gay for battier..so swift is going back to memphis
    test
  4. J-A-B-B-A-R

J-A-B-B-A-R Knick Hater

The worst trade was the Eddy Curry to the Knicks. The Knicks gave up their future, fired Larry Brown, and are now relying on a bunch of rookies and young players along with selfish veterans to compete in the NBA, when they probably can't win a game at the Rucker...

Pz
    test
  5. Klas~Sick

Klas~Sick New Member

if i was a knicks fan, id burn the stadium down
    test
  6. Teen Prodigy

Teen Prodigy Short2003's e-child

Vince Carter

for

Alonzo Mourning ( Never played for the Raptors)
    Aarron Williams ( played sparingly, and was dealt for two second round picks, both of which were eventually traded away)
    Eric Williams ( traded away with Matt Bonner to the Spurs for Rasho Nesterovic)
    and 2 1st rnd picks ( one of which was used on # 16 pick Joey Graham, the other of which was traded away to the Knicks as part of the Jalen Rose deal---- it eventually became Ronaldo Balkman)

and so...

directly from the VC trade the Raptors have Joey Graham...nothing else

The trade gave the Raptors relative assets which they eventually moved in return for better ones, but Wayne Embry... and not Rob Babcock ( the man who made the trade) can be credited for that.
    test
  7. SuB zer0

SuB zer0 A.D.R.I.A.N.N.A

the 76ers tradin AI is the worse trade ever
    test
  8. chickenwang

chickenwang (the) state of the art

...and that's why we have sportswriters to eliminate the often-hilarious fan bias
    test
  9. Phreedom

Phreedom New Member

Shaq for whoever they traded, worst trade ever. Period.
    test
  10. Klas~Sick

Klas~Sick New Member

that was a long one, but i dont care, bias? no, truth? yes? haters cant handle the truth? hell yes :(
    test
  11. V E R B

V E R B Guest

they problly need the money, to pay Mcgrady lol.. iono!!
    test
  12. Biggedawgg

Biggedawgg fuck mexico

Dirk for Tractor Traylor
    test
  13. double ML

double ML Guest

dennis rodman for will perdue was a boo boo
    test
  14. Amel Prodjuser

Amel Prodjuser Stuntin' Like My Granny!

well houston is trying to win now, we can't wait for someone like Gay to develop....we tried that with swift last year...that guy is lost, he really does not know much about basketball besides dunking....

gay, from what I have seen is going to be the same product as swift

low IQ and a dunkin machine!
    test
  15. Z. Spitwell

Z. Spitwell Well-Known Member

the worst trade ever was definitely the shaq trade...

as far as this trade goes... I think you are overestimating Gay's game... you talkin about he is a top 10 pick... like that makes him something special.. but so was shane battier(6th) and Stromile Swift (2nd)... basically all three players are just ok... its all about team needs... they are all top 10 picks though so the only thing that really separates them is Gay is unproven... of all of them he has the most potential to be a "bust" as you put it... Battier is no bust... he is doing exactly what people expected of him coming out of college... and Stromile still shows up-side... and he is a great shot blocker as well as a very solid running big man... he'd be perfect for say a team like Phoenix
    test
  16. double ML

double ML Guest

battier is a lot better than some o' y'all givin' credit for

the guy's no grant hill(pistons era GH), but he's decent on offense, and is damn good on D

he's a poor man's bob sura[funny]
    test
  17. Warpaint

Warpaint What now?

LMAO

c'mon now.

i guess if you had the chance to have Garnett you'd pass, if he was willing to sign for the Vets min or the MLE.
    test
  18. King Love

King Love New Member

worst trade ever was bucks gettin rid of norwikzki
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.