Worldstar to start its own battle league? "Worldstar Battle Grind"

Discussion in 'Bodybag!: The BVA Hall of Shame' started by Ness Lee, Apr 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IKNOWALL

IKNOWALL Well-Known Member

They didnt just put gt battles on there, so I would guess not plus you are asking GT to make a legal document such as a non compete to hold up in court, have you seen there business acumen
    test
  2. Sloss Littlez

Sloss Littlez KING SLOSS THE BOSS NIGGA

ooooh okay

well WS needa do their shit like YT

then again WS gets their $$$ that way

Sohh did the same shit... I remember it stunting like 5,000 heads were on the forum and when u check who's online there's 355 members and only 400 guests :funny:
    test
  3. Sloss Littlez

test
  4. HeartShapedBass

HeartShapedBass New Member

Theres an article out from XXL mag which basically shows that many of those main page videos get views from people just going to worldstar.com so a lot of the views mean nothing .
    test
  5. Sloss Littlez

good post. ima link into this shit myself. this is interesting me :funny:

always had a suspicion.
    test
  6. SaM HaiN

SaM HaiN Onslaught

they gotta play somethin else besides hoodrats fighting at restaurants and clubs once ina while right?
    test
  7. HeartShapedBass

HeartShapedBass New Member

some interesting info though

"According to Q, his strategy pays off with “roughly” 2 million unique visitors a day. Alexa, a Web analytics company, ranks the site 225th in site traffic in the United States and the 900th in the world. By comparison, MTV.com notches 222nd and Travelocity.com at 232nd. Alexa says World Star’s visitors tend to be Black males under the age of 35 who are “moderately educated.” As a result of all this activity, Q says the site is valued “in the millions.”

"But World Star’s content isn’t all that is in question. Skeptics have accused Q of juicing viewership numbers. On a weekday afternoon, the count for Torch’s track “Bang Yo City” went from an astronomical 6,706,079 to 6,709,233—an increase of over 3,000—in approximately two minutes. On YouTube, one critic demonstrates how holding down the “refresh” button generates mega-views. Q denies this accusation. “We don’t have time to sit there and hit Control-R all day,” Q says. He admits to the controversial practice of counting visits to the homepage as “views” for the main video feature, even though it may not have been played. “It’s like watching a video on MTV Jams,” he says. “You don’t know if 2 million people or 10 million people are watching.”

World Star’s viewership may be subject for debate, but their revenue is real. According to the site’s rate card, they charge $500 to post a video, $1,250 for mixtape/DVD trailers and $5,000 for X-rated clips. Putting content in the featured top box costs $2,500 a day, while there is no charge for videos from established artists."

source: .vibe.xxx/content/worldstarhiphop-exposed-truth-behind-controversial-site-pg-4
    test
  8. ZeroByDivide

ZeroByDivide gg

Horrible name but I'm interested nonetheless. Let's see how this pans out.
    test
  9. RileyFreeman

RileyFreeman The General

i dont buy their viewership at all.

do you really think people go on worldstar like that? their videos have HORRIBLE dimensions. i dont even know where they got them from and why they continue to go with them. the has been sped up but used to be VERY slow to load a video.

if they were really doing what people say, they would have a iphone app by now. i dont believe nothing that site claims
    test
  10. SKATTERBRAIN

SKATTERBRAIN U R a L

hopefully hindu rock battles on there. he's larger than life right now.
    test
  11. Sloss Littlez

good fucking article hahahaha
    test
  12. WillyHova

WillyHova New Member

Worldstar could take over this shit if they want to.... sweet I'm all for it... its a good way to end all this top tier I won't battle any1 bs.... now they gotta prove themselves... and ofcourse everyone will want to battle on worldstar its the best chance of mainstream exposure....
    test
  13. NICE 617

NICE 617 New Member

Believe it or not. There are a lot of talented mc's out there nobody knows about. That can battle and put on a dope performance probably better than gt and url or any battle league but don't get the opportunity due to the politics nowadays of battling. Worldstar is hands down the #1 promo tool for anything hip hop related. And its $500 to post videos on their site. So nowadays not just anybody can get on the site unless you got the money to post. My point is. If worldstar don't use the politics a gt or url uses to put battlers on. The other leagues are in trouble. And if Worldstar put out battles faster than any of the other leagues then hell yeah the other battle leagues are gonna lose they top tier to worldstar easily imo.
    test
  14. NICE 617

NICE 617 New Member

Let me add there are a lot of rappers that are considered top tier not cuz of they skills. Just cause the leagues they are a part of give them battles and exposure over a long period of time. If they battle with worldstar and they let the mainstream audience judge thru a poll system. Trust me alot of so called top tier will not get a lot of votes. Trust me!!!
    test
  15. Fuzzy Dunlop

Fuzzy Dunlop this ainta pageant pimpin

Im always down for more competition (especially if its SERIOUS competition) because it keeps their competitors on their toes.

Forces lackadaisical leagues like GT to get better or get left behind.

I hope they come in with $$$
    test
  16. Mister SeLL

Mister SeLL Sweet A Pew

the dude that "runs" this lived down the street from me, and has been talking about this for a year now...i think its bullshit tbh...but who knows...his word round my way isnt very good tho
    test
  17. Kollision

Kollision Rapper & Such

@ness

that dude is from my city. he tried to shut down the UBL, til i said i was gonna stomp 'em out. He moved, he's a snitch - his name is Ruben Burgos - do NOT get involved w/ that dude. He's sent dudes DOWN. Trust me.

He's been talkin bout this for a year tbh.
    test
  18. Kollision

Kollision Rapper & Such

Didnt see sell's post! lmao. We tell no tales. Known snitch, calls himself an OG Blood, and recently got front teeth knocked out. Smh.
    test
  19. Eyerate

Eyerate The Definition of Real..

anyone surprised by this and the other league rolling out soon with solid monetary backing hasnt been reading my posts for the past year.
    test
  20. realtalk101

realtalk101 Patriots>>>

i agree imo
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.