Workout Routines and Aim

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Koss, May 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Koss

Koss ∞♥

I'm fairly new so I wanna see what people are doing and why... if you got the time, post up your routine and what you're trying to gain by doing so.. I'll do mine so on as I'm made one lol .. reight now I'm just doing alot of compound exercises trying to build everything.. I'm thinking I'll switch to isolated ones as soon as I figure out what needs to be concentrated on..

I'm thinking that by seeing what others are doing we can all compare and get ideas .. wahtever.. lemme know
    test
  2. INKonspikuouz

INKonspikuouz An sclábhaí na Éirinn

i done it initially to build myself up for boxing. increase strength and my overall look. then i done it to try add mass. then it became a hobby more so and i loved the personal gains. i kept a progress journal and it was great looking back at the start to what i ended up benching.

my last routine

monday - pull

deadlifts 5x5
    barbell rows 5x5
    hammer curls 5x5

wednesday - push

bench press 5x5
    shoulder press 5x5
    weighted tricep dips 5x5

friday - legs

squats 5x5
    straight leg deadlifts 5x5
    calf raises 3x12
    abs 3x12

i'd alternate between barbell and dumbbell where appropriate every 16 weeks, or change to a similar exercise. but always keeping the compound movements
    test
  3. GuYaNeSe_KiNg

GuYaNeSe_KiNg New Member

All my supplemental work for boxing works on a 4 day cycle, so everything is always changing. For example, this is what I did last week:

Monday - Boxing in the afternoon followed by a dedicated core workout, a HIIT workout with Burpees, Pull ups, Pushups and Bodyweight Squats at night

Tuesday - Boxing in the afternoon, Explosive Isometrics at night followed by Tabata Burpees

Wednesday - Explosive Isometrics in the morning and Hill Sprints at night followed by a dedicated core workout

Thursday - Boxing in the afternoon, Full body workout for Max. Strength at Night

Friday - Boxing in the afternoon, Isometrics at night followed by a GPP circuit and then followed by a dedicated core workout

Saturday - Complete Rest

Sunday - Boxing (only light skill work) in the afternoon, followed by a HIIT circuit at night
    test
  4. Koss

Koss ∞♥

that's tough.. cause I wanted to start training for Boxing.. nothing real.. like no boxing gym or anything.. just me and my bro messing around type of stuff ... so these routines'll def help
    test
  5. Graphx

Graphx Word? Word!

I just came up with this routine a month or so ago actually...When I started tryin to cut and tone my shit I lost some strength...but I'm approximately 20 lbs. lighter and my strength is coming back pretty rapidly...I look a whole lot harder than I did before...and I'm faster...and I've almost reached my life long goal of dunking the basketball haha

Monday - Chest/Tri's
    Flys - 4x12
    Flat Bench - 4x12
    Pullovers - 4x12
    Tricep Pulls - 4x12
    Tricep Extensions - 4x12
    Weighted Dips - 3 sets to failure w/ 90 lbs.
    Dips - 1 set to failure

Tuesday - Lower Back/Lats
    Wide-Grip Pull Downs - 2x12
    Wide-Grip Pull Ups - 4x8
    Bent Over Rows - 4x12
    Dead Lifts - 4x6
    Hyper Extensions - 4x12 w/ 50 lbs.
    Wide Grip Rows - 4x12

Wednesday - Traps/Shoulders
    Barbell Shoulder Press - 4x12
    Upright Rows (barbell) - 4x12
    Rear Delt Rows - 4x12
    Front Dumbell Raises - 4x12
    Barbell Shrugs - 4x12
    Plate Raises - 1 set till failure

Thursday - Legs
    Squats - 4x8
    Calf Raises - 4x12
    Walking Lunges - 2 sets of 20 lunges with 40-50 lb. dumbells
    Hamstring Curls - 4x12
    Bodyweight Squats - 2 sets to failure

Friday - Arms
    Hammer Curls - 4x6
    Cable Curls - 4x12
    Preacher Curls - 4x12
    Barbell Curls - 4x5
    Chin ups - 1 set to failure

The next week I'll start rotating some exercises such as:

Instead of Flat Bench work I'll do all incline...Wednesday I'll do Dumbell presses instead of using the Barbell...and I'll do shrugs behind my back.

I also do abs every other day and run 30 minutes every day...followed by a 10 minute ride on the bike for a cool down.
    test
  6. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

I don't have a specific routine anymore. I train Jiu Jitsu very heavily and so my workout goals revolve around making me bigger, faster, and stonger (depending on what weight class I'm competing at).

I go to 2 different gyms. The main gym I go to, the one I train jiu jitsu at, is also a gym that has a bunch of natural equipment, no weights or machines like you'd find in a normal gym.

I train Jiu Jitsu 5-6 times a week for 2 1/2-3 hours and thats an intense workout by itself.

In addition I workout privately with my instructor/ trainer there 3 times a week, doing different stuff each time.

He picks out the routine for me, so I just do what he tells me to, but its always different. A lot of work outs with kettle balls, medicine balls, handle medicine balls, elastic rope (or whatever its called) and tons of other stuff, but nothing with dumbbells, barbels, etc. He gives me the best fucking workout I could ever imagine. I couldn't do half of the shit if I was by myself. Its great having him there to push me extremely hard. I've never trained so hard in my life.

For my cardio I train a lot of Jiu Jitsu and a ton of jump rope, and in addition my instructor gives me a new swimming routine to do each time at my gym where I go to swim laps once a week.

So I never go a day without a workout out, and I would describe the type of shit I do but its too hard without showing you personally. Its absolutely fucking perfect and gets me in insane shape. Right now I'm going up a weight class so hes having me gain 9.9 pounds in the next 1 3/4 months. Best workouts ever, I'm absolutely dead after every one.
    test
  7. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

I don't have a routine as I change up my shit according to what I want to focus on that week or how I'm feeling, basically change due to various reasons.

Mostly though I focus on compound lifts, bench press, deadlifts, squats, dips, pullups, rows, etc.

I throw in some isolation but about 70-80% of my lifting is compound.

I don't do as much cardio as I should but I'm going to start getting back to sprinting and plyometrics and throw in some boxing training as well.
    test
  8. INKonspikuouz

INKonspikuouz An sclábhaí na Éirinn

you must be in the gym over 10 hours a week on that routine. if its working for you, fair enough, go with it. but to me it looks like you are doing too much. you could make the same gains with a lot less. when do you allow for muscle recovery? also you should the compound movements first as they exhaust you the most. so you'd make better gains if you are at full strength.
    test
  9. Praverb

Praverb I breathe hip hop...

I started lifting again recently (3 weeks ago) but I usually do supersets for Monday, Wednesday and Friday for example:

flat incline bench press 3x10
    bent over row 3x10

tricep pushdown 3x10
    bicep curl 3x10

side laterals 3x10
    overhead press 3x10

you get the idea...this routine is great because once you finish the first exercise you jump right into the next one...which is great for burning calories and creating an ultra pump (tri-sets are the best)...so instead of being in the gym for 2 hours I'm usually in and out within 45 minutes

- P
    test
  10. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

I don't have one. Everytime I make one, I change jobs, medication, my knee pops or as with now, I have exams.

I do train two nights a week thought with a mate. He's with the Takaloo/Amir Khan stable and I go down with him when he's doing his sparring and tec nights.

I'm slowly becoming more keen because a few of the trainers there are trying to encourage me to turn up more often and I kinda love the whole vibe there.

A problem before was that I hated the gyms and I'm not self motivated enough to train at home.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.