Workout Advice...

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by RedCageman, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedCageman

RedCageman New Member

Hey guys wassup, haven't been on here in months. Anyway, I've dropped my weight from 200 about a year ago, to 154 lbs and i am 5'6. My goals right now are to lose body fat percentage and gain some cuts throughout the winter and around March, begin to gain muscle in time for the summer. Here's my routine

Monday

Cardio - 2 Miles

Weighted Double Crunch - 10lbs. 4 sets of 25

Standard Bench - I don't count sets with these. I start with a pair of 35s and then working up to 215 (when i get to 215 I can only put it up once).

Middle Chest - Can't recall the name of the machine but you sit and push straight out and it tightens ur inner chest.

Back

1. (I know its a simple name for this but i forgot it, but you sit down with your arms up and pull the bar to the middle of your chest while u flex your back. Im totally blankin out on the name right now :screwy:) 4 sets. 10-12 reps

2. (almost the same as number 1 except instead of a bar there are 2 handles and you pull down until they're straight and parallel with the floor)

3. Wide grip chin ups until failure

Triceps

1. Weighted dips - 4 sets, 12 reps
    2. Rope extentions - 3 sets, 10 reps
    3. Tricep extentions (20 lbs) - 2 sets of 10

Tuesday

Cardio - 2.5 Miles

Wednesday

Cardio
    Abs
    Decline Bench Press - Same as Standard except I max out at 185

Decline Chest Machine - 4 sets, 10 reps

Biceps

Incline dumbell curls -2 sets of 10 together, 1 set of 12 per arm
    Hammer curls - 2 sets of 10 together, 1 set of 12 per arm
    Close grip barbell curl - 1 set low to mid, 1 set mid to high, 1 set low to high. 7 reps each

Quads

Leg Press - 4 sets of 10
    Leg Curls- 3 sets of 10

Thursday

Cardio 2.5 miles

Friday

Cardio
    Abs
    Incline Bench Press - Same as Standard except I max out at 165
    Incline Chest Machine - 4 sets, 10 reps

Cable Flys - 2 sets of 10
    (I pull the handles together at the cable station and push outward. Stresses the inner chest and upper chest) - 2 sets of 10, 1 set of 15

Calves
    Seated calf raises - 4 sets of 15

Saturday
    Cardio - 2.5 Miles

Every day i'm able to go to the gym (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) i grab 10lbs and do forearm curls until failure. I also do side crunches to try to trim down my love handles each gym day (50 each side). My diet? I eat just under 2000 calories a day, stay away from fats and take 2 scoops of Muscle Milk before I sleep.

I am wondering what is the best route to go with my supplements. Right now I'm planning on starting each day with 40grams whey protein shake (100% Optimum Whey) mixed with 40g of Vitargo and 2 grams of L-Carnitine. Maintain my 5 meals throughout the day eating every 3 hours or so that I'm awake.

Pre-Workout I'll have 10 oz of NaNO Vapor. Post workout I'll have that same shake from the morning again without the L-Carnitine.

This is what i've "PLANNED", I'm thinking about substituting Muscle Milk with just EvoPro but other than that I wanted some advice from you guys. My goal right now is to lose body fat % as much as possible throughout the winter and when I feel i'm ready, begin to focus on primarily gaining muscle mass. I'd appreciate any help and corrections as to what I'm planning on doing.

ATM I'm only eating egg whites in the morning, some fruit pre-workout, Bally's post-workout shake (Berry Fit) and Muscle Milk before bed. Thanks alot fellas. I appreciate it.
    test
  2. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

not a lot of people know this but your approach to cutting and approach to gaining need to be different not just in diet but also in training.

when youre cutting down you want to keep the reps low and focus on strength training. this seems to be what most the people who arent on drugs do and the concept is that by lifting heavy weights for low reps you are able to keep calories low while maintaining muscle mass because your muscle are still being worked to lift the weight but its more about neural ability and since muscle requires food to be created and neurons dont, its possible to do this.

when you want to gain its generally better to stick in the 6-8 range for most exercises, at least thats what i like. i like to start each session with a compound and move on to less CNS fatiguing workouts so ill start off with say a deadlift do it in the 5-6 rep ranges, move on to rows in the 6-8 range, do some kind of pulldown or something. then at the end i like to do something to just get a pump this calls for lower weights in the 10-15 range.
    test
  3. Snik Diesel

Snik Diesel Hey there buddy!

I'm thinking you need to add some exercise variety to your muscle groups.

Example:

Triceps you could also try some close grip bench or skullcrushers

I think you've got room to add some additional quad exercises like squats and hack squats, leg extensions and even dumbell lunges, single leg squats, etc. You can only benefit by adding those for leg development. Maybe add some variety with seated/standing leg curls for hams and seated/standing calf raises for calves.

Your back makes up such a big proportion of your body, I'd want some more compound movements like a one arm dumbell row and barbell row. Hell, lower back too. I do back extensions with two dumbells with a row motion to get the lats too. variations of deadlifts can only help you also.

for biceps, you can do 21's or reverse grip e-z curls (gets the forearms real good too)

Maybe you have more you do than what you listed, but just some quick ideas to keep in mind.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.