Working out your stomach

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by R-Tistic, Aug 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

I have a few questions about working the stomach.

I have heard some people say that if you have any fat on your stomach, sit ups and all else don't help at all, and that only cardio will help you lose that. In my case, my body is relatively skinny, but I have a small amount of fat in my stomach area...it's nothing major, and I only really see/feel it when I sit down, but I don't know if it's to where sit ups wouldn't do much until I lost this area.

I have also heard that you shouldn't work the stomach muscles every day, because they are just like other muscles that require rest to re-build and all else. Is there anything in particular to focus on that helps this area? Even when I was a bit skinnier, I always had a tiny stomach that never seemed to go towards a six pack, even when I was on sit ups hard.
    test
  2. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

first thing, you cant spot reduce. what that means is that you cant target an area and expect to lose fat on the single area. the body stores and removes fat from the entire body gradually instead of just one area.

you can do abdominal work to strengthen your abdominal muscles and it may bring out the appearance of your abs better..i mean it certainly wont hurt. but low bodyfat is really the only thing that makes abs visible. and if you dont have any real muscle, as you said youre skinny, you probaly want to put on size before dieting down at all. youll look much more impressive. ..think 2 years no abs, intense lifting. once youve put on a good base of muscle, where youre no longer skinny in the least you can start doing seasonal cuts.
    test
  3. XxLiLBuRnAxX

XxLiLBuRnAxX Prolly smarter than you

i hate stomach workouts....i did that shit for awhile one time and I remember i had coughed kinda hard and my whole front side hurt so bad it felt like somebody hit me with a hammer...shit almost brought me to one knee lol

so i dont do em anymore lol
    test
  4. BoDi

BoDi www.iambodirock.com

^ that's weak.
    test
  5. openmindsent

openmindsent New Member

low body fat, good genetics, squats and deadlifts, a good diet, and some targeted ab exercises here n there.

heavy deadlifts should really bring out your core. learn correct form and include them into your back workouts if you haven't already.
    test
  6. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

yup.

i used to be pretty skinny, but i never had any real ab definition. as i got older, i wasn't eating right and i had this pudge around my abs, especially on the sides.

anyways, i tried sit ups and all that shit, but it really wasn't working. so i was like, what the fuck, and instead tried to focus on my weight gaining. after i put on about 10 lbs of muscle, i started to focus on cutting up. I'm still not ripped but after about 3 months trying to cut, my stomach has definitely flattened and there's not as much handle to grab.

make sure you eat right too. carbs are good after you lift, but don't take in too much. eat a lot of fresh fruits and veggies too.
    test
  7. Pistol Petee

Pistol Petee Pussy Eater

Lose Fat Gain Muscle - Turbulence Training

if your skinny with a stomach bulk up and eat clean..lower your calories for your body type..eat lots of protein and the muscle should come on and body fat will drop almost at the same time
    test
  8. rocker314

rocker314 Rock Star

i am super skinny before but when i ate too much calories i had a nice figure. thanks for the calories. lol
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.