Working Out Isn't Supposed To Be Easy....

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Mighty GK, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mighty GK

Mighty GK omg 2012

listen...results come after many long days at the gym where u work ur fucking ass off. I'm tired of people bitching. noone on here but just people in general.

my one friend said to me years ago..."man I don't work out cuz my muscles get tired too fast" lmfaooooooooooo..I just said ok..whatever u do what u wanna lol

but seriously...its not even about having fun in the gym...its about going hard...if you are at the end of your workout and you say.."man that was fun!!!!!!"..then step your game up.

when you leave you should be saying..."I got my ass kicked today"...or atleast thinking it...THATS when you know you've had a good workout.

when you go back to your car...it should be like jesus has touched you when you get to sit down for those first 5 minutes.

and yea of course you can have fun in the gym...but just push yourself. I'm tired of seeing fuckers just sit on a machine for 20 minutes and do like 1 set lol

use your shortcomings in the gym today...to excel youself...set goals that are realistic and stay at it!

basically...suck it up....let the ego go...and give it your all...that is the key to it all...no matter what you do in there.
    test
  2. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

thats a good attitude to have. fun is grinding out a set of squats and having trouble walking afterwards. keep that attitude, eat right, keep learning and putting it to use in the gym and the skys the limit dude.
    test
  3. Graphx

Graphx Word? Word!

I hear you man. My friend just started working out with me like 3 weeks ago and I've been at it for almost 2 years religously, but I've been conditioned and hittin the gym on/off since I was 14 (I'll be 21 next month). I'm basically coaching him through shit and teaching him everything I know. He handles it well but I always notice him giving up on sets. Case in point: Our last chest day he was benching and I was spotting. He went to rack the bar but I could just tell he wasn't spent soooo...I didn't let him rack the bar and told him to keep it going and that I wasn't helping him till the bar was stuck on his chest. He grinded out like 5 more good reps and one half way. His excuse was "I don't wanna get tired too fast" or he'll say "that shit hurts too much".

Bottom line is, it's supposed to hurt and burn. You're supposed to be completely fuckin spent, fuck shorting yourself to save energy for future reps man. Go hard or go home. Go all out ya know?!

P.S. I'm back on my bulk diet for a little while, started in the beginning of October. When I started I was benching 245, squatin 325, and deadlifting 275. Those were all maxes.

Now I'm at 280 on the bench, deadlifting 315 and just squated 400 x2 tonight.

Pretty good? Or am I just a little too amped?
    test
  4. Macmili

Macmili Thorough

word I did squats for the first time in 5 years the other day and I was walking like I had 2 false legs lol
    test
  5. LiveFromThe781

whats your height/weight?

400x2 is pretty damn good man, is that ass-to-grass?

your bench is good too, deadlift seems a little bit lagging in comparison to everything else though, but im sure if you work at it youll bring it up.
    test
  6. MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN

MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN Ray of Sunshine

Agreed. I'm tired of people asking me how I lost so much weight and when I tell them that I did it by working out 5 days a week and changing my diet they stop listening and start pouring the excuses out of their mouth. (i.e. I don't have that kinda time, its too expensive to eat right, my significant other isn't supportive) Its all dependent on how bad you really want it.
    test
  7. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

Bro, I hate having to try to teach lazy people. It's why I never became a PT. I love giving advice, but if I can tell you're lazy, it's like dude read a fucking book. I spent years reading magazines, books and online and some lazy MF expects me to sit there and waste my breath? Why? So he can not apply anything I've told him? Fuck that. if I know the person's dedicated, I'll tell them whatever I know.
    test
  8. Mighty GK

Mighty GK omg 2012

live...no doubt man. like I said in one thread I got a buddy who took me under his wing and its REAL serious now hahahha. there isn't a point in going if u won't give it ur all..cuz like he told me.."bottom line..everybody wants to be healthy subconciously or conciously..but only a handfull of people are willling to put in the effort to get there"

graphx..definately man. you are a god damn beast too in there I see. I'm still weak right now to the point where I'm one fo the "small guys" at the gym still...but I am improving very quickly and I have learned a lot...like how most people don't even do their damn sets right cuz their form is all fucked up lol...then ontop of that like...60% of the people I see in there don't even know how to split their workouts right...lol

squats are killer..but that's what make them good. personally they annoy the FUCK out of me but I do them for the greater good.

confusion...just ignore them lol. they will ALWAYS say that. people are shitbags who spill out excuses. only thing to do is improve yourself and help those who wanna ride along.

Gorilla. you are right man. no advice is gonna put anybody in shape...they have to be willing to go the extra mile. this is why I just asked my dude for advice cuz I know he knows a lot..but he also sees that I'm serious about this.

alright all of yall have a good day lol.

I'm off to the wonderful world of the gym for leg day.

ps. there are hot girls at the gym...99% of the time...believe that!

a lot of them make the men look like punks too
    test
  9. LiveFromThe781

lol, the funny thing about that is even when i didnt have the time i still worked out, and even now im spending most of my paycheck on just food shit is hard but hey you get what you pay for right?
    test
  10. MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN

MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN Ray of Sunshine

Exactly and honestly its not THAT expensive, but its another excuse thats easy to come up with. I even explain to people exactly what I eat, where I buy it, how I cook it.. and still they find some reason its just impossible! lol All boils down to how bad you want to reach our goal. Make some adjustments and the rest falls into place.

Most of the people that ask me, its like they are dying for me to say that I took a magic pill and it made it all better. In reality I tell it like it is, I worked my ass off and some days I still despise the gym.. but I love that feeling after I get done working out.
    test
  11. Dahnamics

Dahnamics Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe

eating clean can be cheap as fuck.

u just gotta know where to shop.

*cough* chinatown
    test
  12. Graphx

Graphx Word? Word!

I'm 5'10 and about 190-193

When I squat I go as low as I can, not quite ass to grass but damn near...it's definitely below parrallel

Earlier this year I was 205 and was deadlifting about 365 as a max but I wasn't benching or squatting no where near what I'm doing now. So that tells me I'm a really lean 190 and a hell of a lot more efficient.
    test
  13. LiveFromThe781

hahaha dude youre a beast for that height.

speaking of Chinatown, the guy who runs the corner store down the street from me was telling me about these things called "balu" or something which are duck eggs with baby duck still in them lol. he was tellin me theyre popular in chinatown and this other store we got called Super 88 which has all kinds of crazy shit from what ive been told. its like a petstore for white people, grocery store for asians.

@Mist: it may not be that expensive, but really depends on your diet in terms of what kind of food you eat and how much you eat of it. im spending so much money on it because im eating so much(5-7,000cals a day). even yesterday i went to the butcher's shop in the afternoon and picked up 2.5 pounds of ground chuck, can of tuna, dozen jumbo eggs and that shits already gone.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.