Working Out At The Gym vs. Working Out At Home

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by GammoN, Dec 20, 2006.

?

The Gym or At Home?

1. The Gym

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. At Home

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GammoN

GammoN Sole Survivor of the DOJO

Simple question..and a poll..

which do you prefer?..going to the gym or doing ya workouts at home?..

Which do you think is better for bodybuilding or just plain fitness?..

drop ya thoughts and opinions..
    test
  2. macmilimeterhyms

macmilimeterhyms Product of the 80s

at home because I don't have to lay where some nasty people I don't even know were dripping sweat and spreading AIDS viruses and what have you
    test
  3. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Home for right now. I start school in January and will probably start hitting up the gym facility there. I'll do both.
    test
  4. I wArFaRe I

I wArFaRe I Love 2 Hate

gym easily..much more equipment and free weight, plus ppl to help spot and stuff

i did the home thing for a while before i got serious about lifting, fuck the changing a dumbell weight all the time and trying to get 100s or so..gym is much better if youre looking to get the most of it..unless your rich and can put a full gym in your house with spotters
    test
  5. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

wtf... no poll everyone knows gym is better. thats a given. you only work out at home when you cant afford a gym membership or your too self conscious to be seen working out in front of others in the gym.

why even ask? thats a dumb question.
    test
  6. Wigger Walter

Wigger Walter New Member

test
  7. Legacy Weapon

Legacy Weapon New Member

yes ben official....but then again....bruce lee, the greatest body builder of all time, worked out in his backyard....go figure

and my dad has bought workout equipment and I cant drive and wouldn't pay for membership, so I do home too, and I prefer it, I can concentrate better and its more relaxing
    test
  8. GammoN

GammoN Sole Survivor of the DOJO

Not necessarily a dumb question..some cats do prefer to work at home..and some don't access to a gym..I doubt that a small town in Wyoming would have the same things that a big city would have..

and besides, like Ninjacide mentioned, everybody can't drive to the gym..but I agree with your choice..the gym is better..

Props to Ninjacide and Mac for posting a few counterpoints..
    test
  9. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

If you can get equipment for home. It's no nonsense instead of putting up with people who just want to hang out. You can get in a good workout in no time, any time. Not just early or late. You don't have to worry about dressing nice or any stupid shit like putting gel in your hair. You save tons of money. The gym will have a better variety, but if you're creative you'll have a good variety too. So many reasons why working out at home is better.
    test
  10. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

IF you got the money and room its best to lift at home...buy a good machine and standard free weights and lift weights with your friend..I have a big garage and I life weights their with my friends...we can concentrate more and then eat right after.

I used to lift weights at a gym and the pros is they got a bevy of good machines! machines that really target hard to hit muscles like the back, lower back, lower chest, upper chest etc...

but id go with a smith machine...dont believe people when they say you cant put on size or strength usinga smith machine...you can, and alot alot of body builders use them its better to train safe then sorry.

Also at gyms it gets crowded and people talk to you, bug you, distract you wait or hog a machine...etc

the worst part is when their is a hot girl in spandex working out if your a straight male your gonna be focused on her ass and tits.
    test
  11. efGEEsus

efGEEsus New Member

gym

short of havin a sick work out bench etc at home, gym is def better

you get more motivated goin to a gym as well

plus hot chicks
    test
  12. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

I would say gym...it took me a few years to get comfortable and to not be embarassed about bein as small as I am. But I know that I am much more motivated at the gym. I am lazy, and I am never consistent at home...but if I can get a routine going to where it's like "every other day after work, I'm at the gym" then it's a wonderful thing. There are many more machines and techniques that I can use.
    test
  13. I wArFaRe I

I wArFaRe I Love 2 Hate

lol wtf? who gels and dresses nice to go to the gym? thats retarded..half the times i wear pjs to the gym..working out at home is nowhere near as good as a gym, you will get nowhere near the variety of workout if you understand it well..you cant go as hard at home then at the gym, especially if you dont have a spotter..and im guessing you arent that strong cuz i know i dont have 100-120lb dumbells at my house to use
    test
  14. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

Ever heard of a barbell? Ever heard of a smith machine? Ever heard of STFU?
    test
  15. I wArFaRe I

I wArFaRe I Love 2 Hate

you dumber than i thought? anyone who knows anythings heard of those..im saying the amount of stuff you can do is restricted at home..maybe you have a simple goal i dont know but youll never get as strong as you would at a gym if those are all you use
    test
  16. yo momma 5th

yo momma 5th New Member

I prefer being at home unless I have to lift or swim.
    test
  17. Dunpeal

Dunpeal Graying men, mmm

test
  18. dlbiininja

dlbiininja The Hip Hop Poet.

hell, if you have the right mind state home is good.
    i have a bench with 300lbs worth of weights.
    dumbbells from 10 - 20 lbs in weights

and a pair of powerblocks that go from 5 - 90 or 95 lbs.
    opted on getting those once i found out about them instead of trying to get
    the whole line of dumbbells..
    punching bag
    jumpropes, the exerball, can always hit one of the high school tracks for running.
    i think it depends upon the person period.
    i have always been able to hit a gym or work out from the house.
    made it easier once i got my own equipment though.
    I think one of my biggest dislikes about the gym was that some people just spend to much fucking time talking instead of actually working out.
    i had a homeboy who was like that. now, if your spotters bumping his gums who's looking out for you?
    the downside for home i have to say is i don't have a leg press machine. i have always been able to work the hell out of my legs. squats are cool. but, if your not taxing your legs i don't feel like it's the same.
    test
  19. pantherdef

pantherdef New Member

gym. more equip. more frees. more spotters.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.