Working on Rap Delivery

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Cop J, Mar 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

how can any one like Copywrite's delevery...that shyt is just sloppy...lyrics are dope...but sometimes he don't say the rhymes clear enough and that shyt don't even rhyme.
    immortal tech...now that is dope delevery...and canibus is dope delevery and vinney paz is dope delevery....study them, the changed my thoughts on how to spit lyrics...more complexed.
    test
  2. Mr. Verbalist

Mr. Verbalist How am I doin?

^ Ehh all they delivery is garbage.

NO PRAVERB YOU THE MAN .. you dicksnot

also yea ludacris has probably the sickest delivery among the mainstream ... real dope
    Copywrite does have a strong delivery .... but "vinnie paz"? wtf .. his is garbage
    and canibus all he does is scream ... shows no emotion ..

Listen to Ludacris ... prolly got the best delivery to learn from
    test
  3. Skini Slim

Skini Slim Multiple Talent Complex

Delivery is a weird concept..cause one way doesn't work for every track. I'll tell you from my perspective how to improve. Fuck what people say, READ, READ, READ! Haha, but don't read when your recording the finally. Just read to build your memory. Just spit your first session monotone or boring if you have too...dont matter, nobody gonna hear it. Your gonna get the best deliver when you got your lyrics down packed, why? Because its no longer about regurgitating whats on paper----its just gonna flow out. Now the next step is all mental. Some people rap with a fake-ass wanna-be hard voice. THATS A NO-NO. your voice will be dripping with fakeness and it will sound so un-natural that your overall deliver will get chopped to peices. So rap in your normal voice---but since you memorized your shit , you dont gotta worry about remembering the lyrics, you only gotta focus on one thing---EMOTION. To me, emotion eventually equivolates to delivery. Don't try to rap, try to communicate, dont think of it as if your entertaining, think of it as tho your delivering a message to your friends. If your were mad, how would your sound? If you were sad, how would u sound? Be natural and you'll get the best results. If you can hold a normal conversation with somebody in the natural world, then with practice you'll get a decent deliver if you think in that same way.
    test
  4. Mr. Verbalist

Mr. Verbalist How am I doin?

^ Perfect explanation.
    test
  5. Praverb

Praverb I breathe hip hop...

Skini summed it up nicely

that will help folks out...
    test
  6. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

well its the delevery i like to hear... and fuck whut u said i like vinnie paz's delevery...they helped me out...copywrite is just to annoying for me...i can't sit through it even though i know his lyrics are dope. and canibus is real wit it...also ll cool j had nice flow.
    test
  7. Cop J

Cop J COPJMUSIC.COM

Thanks yall....props on all yall help.
    test
  8. Syn 6

Syn 6 back off hiatus

lol @ people saying you either have it or you don't ..

wow....
    test
  9. youngbottom96

youngbottom96 New Member

alot of good points made, pick and choose whats best for you. but it all boils down to having CONFIDENCE!!!!! without that u have nothing
    test
  10. Drschmalzy

Drschmalzy Active Member

lol you gotta have that swagggggga when you rap
    test
  11. iLoveEbay

iLoveEbay New Member

You should not only leave this website, but stop listening to rap. Go buy a Toby Keith album you country music listening mother fucker. WTF @ Big L lacks emotion. That is the dumbest shit I've read so far in 2010!
    test
  12. FlameSpitta

FlameSpitta New Member

rap like you are trying to prove a point to someone about what you are saying. Make it a debate between you and the mic. sell yourself to the music, like you want to make the producer put you on his beat.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.