Workers' genetics.

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by GaLaTeA, May 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

"But are you an employee or employer?" was a question I was asked this past weekend on the terrace after being observed for a few minutes by the five-year-old daughter of one of my colleagues. First, I didn't get it, then I didn't understand. But sometimes kids are a lot smarter than we give them credit for, above all, we need to get out of some of our own cages and armor and only then make our minds compatible with something so direct, unspoiled and innocent, like children's brain. After a few moments, I finally realized and understood. Society actually made a mess of the whole employers and employees thingy, which has less and less contact with reality.

Imagine a slightly fat-headed alien, who's quite sick of everything, yet his right rear engine in a spacecraft just broke, and instead of having it properly serviced, he'd just let his alcoholic cousin with four children and a pending divorce to repair the craft. Why else would things ne any less complicated? Anyhow, the dude's cursing and orbits somewhere between our small planet and Venus, where he's awating the interplanetary triple a, that doesn't work because a group of idiots sort of remembered to celebrate the Ascension. You know, you can go into details infinitely little or a lot, yet the mechanisms are still the same. Even the physics ones, let alone others.

Well, the fat-headed alien started smoking this aerospace plant, from which his ancestors millions of years ago, made rope, while he tries to tune the radio to one of the antediluvian protocols in order to listen to what's happening on the planet of apes, thousands of years after his visit. Finds out, that clearly only two groups formed and survived. Employees and employers. It's not clear to him, how they can be distinguished at first sight, doesn't understand either physical or intellectual differences, but, according to news reports and what he knows from the books, the matter has to be genetic. This will be something that you are born with, and the transition from one group to another after birth is apparently impossible.

Even the smart alien is confused, how the hell should not be your children.

So much cursing, anger, accusations and hatred. So much misunderstanding between both of them, as if it were indeed a genetic label attached to it, or that one of the groups simply choose one. Forever.

What's really :funny: in this whole story, is that unlike all the other possible discriminations, both groups still raise inequality to power. On one hand, employers who often behave as if they are from "god" and are just to be given everything, including playing with death, for both employees and other people who cross their path. On the other hand, employees who don't only forget, that they had every opportunity to go to school, be bold and enterprising, work hard nights and days, start a company to change, but also that tomorrow their place of employement can be no more ~ which should be the motivation and hunger enough to get their own businesses started. Free as birds. You don't need any miracle, no one who will cut through the heavy chain, no one who will change color. Just a little balls and good will, rather than anger.

Anger, which is really no reason whatsoever. Anger does act as if they wrote their own death notes, an Death is already there. And when it comes, it's too late. Not that it'll be like Chuck Norris opened the door, that Death simply winced and faltered "Trick or treat", that doesn't count.
    test
  2. Radium

Radium f k

how do you do you that
    test
  3. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

but not everyone can be an employer because there would be no employees to help run the business and not everyone has a skill that others would want to seek.

its the lay of the land

some dont give a shit about being an oil exec

some dont want to earn only 30k/yr

some accept that its just the way that the system works
    test
  4. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Venture into own business? Starter capital, and lots of hard work.

There's loads of businesses where one person does it all; depending on the branch/sector of work they're in. But true, not everyone are multidiciplinary enough, so they need employees to get most of the work done ~ especially those who are more or less silent partners and investors. And those, who sit in the manager's chair and have no clue how to run things, so they naturally need best experts in every field imaginary.

There are different levels of ambition, true.
    test
  5. Radium

Radium f k

how do you get capital
    test
  6. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

its not only that not everyon is multidisciplinary

its the fact that businesses need employees to do the work.

without employees you wouldnt have mail.
    test
  7. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

99% of jobs require more than 1 person.

I could name 1000 atleast if i felt like being that boring
    test
  8. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

(Speaking for Slovenia only); over here one can open a company in the price ranges of 30 ~ 130 eur and for max 7.5k eur; depending on the business branch. So basically anyone can venture and shell out the 30 ~ 130 eur price tag. Not to mention that European union has speacial funds, which are often used to help people start businesses ~ either round or sunk lending options.

I'll take for example my uncle's 1st business which he co-started (my uncle and two of his classmates) when he turned 18 (legal age over here).

At 18, he was basically a non swimmer in the waters of business world and had to learn a million little things. They started with the smallest rented office in the city center's business district, had the kitchen table instead of an office desk, two chairs, a telephone, a PC and an external, hired accounting ~ which were basically the foundation of their company. With a great desire to succeed, the company had a very unique and risky strategy. Unlike the multitude of trading companies in the field of computer science at that time which slowly started to flurish, like mushrooms after rain, and quite successfully grown, the focus was strictly business development.Back in '91-'92 when my uncle explained what exactly he was making and actually did, only a handful of his collegues were able to create an image of it at least approximately.

They opened that company for less than 30 eur ~ if one approximately translates the old currency, takes '90's economy into consideration, etc.
    test
  9. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

You're absolutely right.
    test
  10. Radium

Radium f k

and you have to pay for the means of production

so where do you get that kind of capital to do these things
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.