word plays....

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by DaJackle, Sep 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaJackle

DaJackle ThoughtS ProcessinG

can someone explain to me what are wordplays and how does one construct them...i may have them somewhere in my pieces...but i really don't know if they are or not...cause i didn't put them their intentionally, just the flow of the momment
    test
  2. skandelous_lala

skandelous_lala back from the dead

word plays are just metaphors and similies for the most part. if you listen to hiphop you hear them all the time for the most part, of course depending on what you listen to. find a battle track, you'll hear shitloads of them...

its just what it says...a play on words.

for example the one coming to my mind at the moment is that a biggie line:

"n*ggas is mad i get more butt than ashtrays"...lol i love that line...anwayssss...

see the play on words? that's just a simple on...there is so much more you can go into. me myself..i've never been strong on them so i don't wanna go giving you too much random advice since its not one of my strong points. hoped this gave you a general idea tho.
    test
  3. 49th Prophet

49th Prophet Dark Magic Inferno

^^That was a good example. And I agree, wordplay is alot of the time metaphors and similies. You should try some and see how it turns out. Post it back up here and see what people think of them.

much love

peace
    test
  4. Feme Sole

Feme Sole Mrs. _Evil

what lala said was good.......i love wordplay
    test
  5. MisterEThoughts

MisterEThoughts MysteryOfUntoldTruth

i love word paly i am pretty good with them my rhyme sucks thats the only thing that is waccc
    test
  6. 49th Prophet

49th Prophet Dark Magic Inferno

^^^STFU....If I ever catch you saying your rhymes suck or they are wack again Im a tear you a new asshole...got me? Dont be sayin shit like that about yourself. You got good rhymes, I just told you a few days ago how well you were elevating did I not? Exactly. So start thinking positive and get that confidence in ya. Feel me?

much love

peace
    test
  7. MisterEThoughts

MisterEThoughts MysteryOfUntoldTruth

thanks prohet bro thansk man
    test
  8. DaJackle

thanks guys, i havent been able to check on here for a bit, busy with school work...and i have a picture of what wordplay is, i guess its more useful in term of rapping...but yeah, thanks for looking out...if you want to catch me on AIM its Ryoga360
    test
  9. Feme Sole

Feme Sole Mrs. _Evil

i just noticed youre from the burgh........where abouts?
    test
  10. DaJackle

wow, small world isnt it, Greenfield by homestead, you?
    test
  11. h.wood

h.wood IMAGINATION SUPER STAR

daaaaaamn. (note to self:49th is running shit ) yeah ! mystery is a fantastic poet ............ slowly backs out of thread
    test
  12. h.wood

h.wood IMAGINATION SUPER STAR

but really i love when the word play continues throughout a few lines .i try but then get more into playing then writing how i feel .
    test
  13. TrufDXaggerator

TrufDXaggerator New Member

Dont mean to brag but i got crazy wordplay cus they're fun.Mostly undaground mcs use them or abstract poets to either confuse u or get u to think more.Check my Indistinct Dreams piece.Truthfuly Speakin and Truf Fully Spittin OUT!
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.