"Women's winter holidays have officially started"...

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by GaLaTeA, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

...was today's radio annoucment of sales starting.

I'm confused, so when has that been transformed into a holiday?

Then they proceeded to say something along the lines of "women get set and men get your wallets/cards ready".

Not replacing the radio. :/

Anywhere else "sales fever" going on?
    test
  2. MissAndrya

MissAndrya Evolution is what is.

That's the first I've heard of it, but I tell you...if my hubby's wallet was thick enough I'd be going on a little vacation myself, lol

We were supposed to be in Cuba....as I type this, actually, but we decided to wait.
    test
  3. GaLaTeA

When mentioning winter, I'll immediately think of skiing & snoboarding...guess there's first time even for that. :funny:

The thick wallet made me think of....for some reason...:funny: :scared:

Were you planning on going via an agency or simply book plane tickets and take it from there?
    test
  4. MissAndrya

lol@the song :D

We planned to book one of those package deals.

The problem is I didn't just want to sit on the beach for 7 days, I wanted to hike/see the sights/do excursions, and he couldn't find any info on that. Was afraid there wouldn't be much to do (which we found out later isn't the case) and postponed.
    test
  5. GaLaTeA

Not sure if there's a Tui travel agency in Canada, but if there is, perhaps try with them?
    test
  6. MissAndrya

I'll try anything. We have been making a list of places we'd each like to go. I'd love a Scotland/Ireland/England trip, as well as any hot and sunny destination...though less commercialized/loaded with tourists works better for me, lol. He's into the Alaskin cruise and climbing Everest...so we def need to compromise....somewhere, lol
    test
  7. GaLaTeA

The British isles are good during spring to early fall (weather-wise), anything exotic is best suited from November to February...

I'll usually avoid vastly turist invaded destinations as well ~ like Barcelona for example. Paris has its nightmare moments, whilst Rome takes the cake ~ especially during the summer.

Climbing Everest...now that's an adrenaline rush.
    test
  8. MissAndrya

Not to mention ambitious, considering he hit the cross trainer for the first time since May when he had his knee rebuilt, lol
    test
  9. GaLaTeA

Ouch. :scared:
    test
  10. MissAndrya

Yep. He's a basketball player, and plays as though he's still 20. It's all or nothing with him. Not a bad thing, certainly commendable, but he learned pretty quick he has to go a liiiittle easier.

He has his other knee redone next fall.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.