Women initiate most cases of domestic violence.

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by Dex Lewis, May 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zero terranova

zero terranova ollǝɹoɯ

test
  2. liquid`acid

liquid`acid gods busy can I help you?

illnesses that were there befor the pot was introduced in the first place. i never thought you were one for spewing gov propoganda.

ima have to agree with dex

ive yet to ever see violence between a man and a woman initiated by a man.
    and 99% of the time she initatiates it becasue shes mad about somthin unrelated to the fight.

i even made the mistake of getting involved once when this dumb bitch was starting a fight over the fact her boyfriend wanted to read a book.

brit i gotta ask, how much domestic violence have you actually seen?
    everytime my house got smashed in a fight up as a kid, my mom did it.
    my sisters house got fucked up, she did it in a fight she started.
    the hundreds of fights in my old house? roomates gf
    my other sister? instigated by making false statements to the police so her kid couldnt see her dad anymore. first blow may not have come from her, but if you cut a parent off from their kid you better expect somthin extreme. (ie. her fault)
    holes in my buddy elis house growing up? his mom and his sister

i could keep goin but im sure you get the point, ill let you kno if i ever see it go the other way.

ok wait, i have seen it go other way just once, not domestic tho. this guy flipped out on shrooms and jumped off a platform 30ft up and punched a random girl in the mouth for no reason.
    test
  3. liquid`acid

test
  4. spewing government propoganda or observing the amount of literature that has been published in medical journals concluding the link between cannabis and mental illness?
    test
  5. RealMS

RealMS Ne te quaesiveris extra

The reports of domestic violence I've heard/read about were all cases in which the woman was the "victim." Even women I know...but I've never heard about a man being victim of it...they just don't categorize it as that.
    test
  6. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I disagree... I think people who have problems had them before cannabis was introduced.

There are way too many functional, successful cannabis users (myself included) to believe the theory that it contributes to failure or loss of control of one's life.
    test
  7. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

You don't mean "concluding," you mean "correlating," which is a big difference... because there is no causal assumption with correlation.

Again, the people with problems who use cannabis had them before its use.

There is a study that provides a correlative link between breast-feeding mothers and good health... that doesn't prove that breast-feeding causes mothers to be healthy... it could suggest that breast-feeding mothers already practice good health before, during, and after they breast-feed, which would make sense since they are conscious enough to know that breast-feeding is good for the baby and that anything they put into their bodies also goes into their breast milk.
    test
  8. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Men don't report it, because it's not "manly" to do... a real man wouldn't call the cops if another man whips his ass... that's just not what we do.

But in cases where both the man and woman were fighting, the cops will usually take both to jail... all that sexist shit is out the window because they could get sued.
    test
  9. what a mess
    test
  10. liquid`acid

source? how old are these articles?

i find this very hard to belive since any research done on side effects of drugs is very rare and almost always conducted in a manner that will skew the results to someones agenda

and yes that happens, i have friends who work as analysts for canadian health services and sometimes have to put a spin on the data collected and the reports that are generated from it so that it meets someones private agenda.

sometimes its better to look at the hundreds of thousands of living examples around you then to look at a report generated by people who have nothing to gain by publishing the truth.

it doesnt take a lot of critical thinking to see that a report saying smoking weed will cause mental illness is bullshit, just look around you.
    test
  11. I can't log into the medical journal archive through my institution at this minute, but there are masses of literature even if you do a basic google search:

BBC NEWS | Health | Drug 'doubles mental health risk'

Cannabis link to mental illness strengthened - 21 November 2002 - New Scientist

Mental illnesses goes up after cannabis downgrade | Mail Online

Hall W, Solowij N, “ Long-term Cannabis use and Mental Health “ 1997 British Journal of Psychiatry, August, 171:107-8

Hall A, Degenhardt, “Cannabis and Psychosis” Australian National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, Presented at The Inaugural International Cannabis and Psychosis Conference 1999 , Melbourne 16-17 February 1999

You speak on how all these studies have an agenda, but you don't say why people have an agenda, or even what the agenda is, or what is driving the said agenda. You are making these doctors and studies out to be a blind enemy of cannabis simply trying to mislead people from the truth. I am not saying you are in complete denial, but you are attacking people on the level of a conspiracy theorist.

You say, "sometimes its better to look around you and to use critical thinking to find the truth." Well, my conclusions of cannabis have primarily been from that. I have seen, young, healthy, and outgoing individuals turn into slow, lazy, lethargic drones after using cannabis. I have seen their short term memory destroyed; I have seen them develop paranoid delusions, anxiety, agoraphobia. But what really made me anti-cannabis was the personal impact it had on a few close friends and what is called "cannabis induced psychosis". I have personally seen lives torn apart from this.

More Evidence Of Cannabis-induced Psychosis
    More Evidence Of Cannabis-induced Psychosis

Cannabis Could Increase Risks Of Psychotic Illness By 40 Percent
    Cannabis Could Increase Risks Of Psychotic Illness By 40 Percent

Cannabis-related Schizophrenia Set To Rise, Say Researchers
    Cannabis-related Schizophrenia Set To Rise, Say Researchers

Dr Brian Boettcher Consultant Psychiatrist Shelton Hospital, Shropshire’s Community & Mental Health Services states that:

"it is misleading and dangerous, to our youth in particular, to label Cannabis as “soft”. In fact the serious adverse effects of Cannabis have been known for some time now and Hall and Solowij in the British Journal of Psychiatry sounded warnings in 1997 about such issues as dependence on Cannabis, adolescent developmental problems, permanent cognitive impairment as well as involvement in and the development of psychosis"

This study can be found at: Cannabis psychosis

I think anyone would be a fool to overlook all of that^ and just say its bullshit and not even worth considering because they must have an agenda. It just sounds like you smoke weed and don't want to confront the idea that in theory you could be damaging your mind and setting yourself up for serious future mental health problems. Iggy is in denial also. He thinks that because there are many functional cannabis users, then the drug can't be bad, infact it is a brilliant drug. This is short-sighted and dumb. Furthermore, iggy including himself in the list of functional cannabis users doesn't help his cause much simply because of the level of retardation he has continually shown on this website.
    test
  12. liquid`acid

hhhmmm ima have to come back an read some fo these links, im about to go to school right now

i think maybe i worded some things wrong, i didnt mean that the scientists manipulated data, more that their employers planned the study to be carried out in a fashion that will provide them favourable results that may not be entirely accurate to the truth. the agenda for the most part is the same one that kept prohibition around and the fact our leaders do not want to admit they're so massivly wrong about weed an the fact they are creating crime by keeping it illegal. prohibition is possibly the best case study example of how things would change were it legalized and accepted.

anyways, i gtg, gunna come back an read up on some of this.
    test
  13. liquid`acid

lmao, i wouldnt dream of arguing aginst this
    test
  14. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

This is why I always abandon our arguments, because you ALWAYS dismiss truth.

There is no debating with someone who will dismiss truth because it doesn't support his agenda.
    test
  15. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Learn a thing or two about the scientific method and then get back to me.

You're like those people who believe that the THEORY of evolution is a fact.
    test
  16. says the fool who made the emotional thread about abortion, got sonned and cried into his pillow
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.