women defining themselves through relationships

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by Shit with corn in it IRM'S BITCH, Oct 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I remember at highschool, there seemed to be a bias towards girls who used to rush around trying to be one of a couple. It was like it secured them something, helped define or validate who they were. Why? Do you have the mindset where you have to be in a relationship, coming out of one, or getting ready to be in one? or can you feel complete all by yourself.
    test
  2. higher logic

higher logic Member

Because theirs a tilted standard set by our culture wich causes women to feel like they need a man to be sombody...

Like snow white, cinderella, prepunzel... you ever notice how most of the storys you hear as a child involve a women being rescued by a man...

Is it right? Probably not...

But its how the world works...

With that said..

I'm 18 & single my aim is onefiftyonestr8 females need applie only, preferably the slim and sexy ones, but big girls with liquor are welcome too

Lol
    test
  3. prepunzal had big hair, yo
    test
  4. C-Money

C-Money New Member

Higher Logic

lets fuck
    test
  5. MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN

MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN Ray of Sunshine

I used to feel that way. Lost without a relationship, it was terrible. You end up settling for bottom of the barrel just so you can say you have a relationship. Ahh the days of being pathetic. lol I'm glad those are over.

Why was I like that? For pretty much all the reasons you mentioned. I had a low self esteem and felt that at least if I had someone then I would be looked at as somehow sucessful or better.. I dunno. My way of thinking was ALL messed up back then.
    test
  6. RealMS

RealMS Ne te quaesiveris extra

Girls wanted to be in relationships back in the day...guys just wanted relations. That's why I never bothered myself with one...and then I got into high school, lol. & that relationship was a waste of my time but I guess it put me up on game.

Nowadays....not at all. Most dudes are still in their player stage (while some females are still in their attention-whore stage, not to sound as if I'm just picking on the dudes) so I'm not bothered or worried about a relationship @ this point of my life.
    test
  7. skandelous_lala

skandelous_lala back from the dead

I look at this way...to some extent...any relationship you hold will define you. How you let it define you is key. Don't think a relationship defines you to some extent? Well somebody forgot marriage and all the ways being a husband/wife defines you.

If we were meant to be alone and not let our relationships define us we wouldn't seek out relationships like we do.

It's different though to be yourself in a relationship than it is to let a relationship be the only definition of yourself. If you feel you aren't somebody w/o x in your life..that's a problem. It's a problem rather you're 14 or 34. It's a problem rather you're casually dating or married. You have to be more than another person in order to be happy.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.