women and image

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by Shit with corn in it IRM'S BITCH, May 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. In the newspaper you always see a woman's story, at least 3 times a week sometimes a celeb who says she "battles the cookies to keep this figure" and then you have her posing in a bikini size 8-10 airbrushed (and showing off) most likely and then you have the menu: how she went from 'pigging out' which in my opinion seems to me to be a few snacks?? to wholemeal toast and grapes and sesame seeds and grilled chicken and how she does aerobics or is into some new fad like kabalah cricket and had colonic irrigation in spain.

Don't you get sick of reading this stuff? Why are women so obsessed with self-image, yo-yo diets and the like but when it comes to the question why, the objectification of women by men always seems to crop up. My question is: why do you all buy into it so much? If the newspapers are anything to go by, all women want to read and talk about is gossip, diets fashion and beauty treatment more than anything else. It's like you want to be skinny even more than being smart or informed, well thats the impression I get.

My last girlfriend drove me crazy with her weird eating habits all for the sake of keeping her size 10 frame and she looked at me like I was an absolute nutcase one day when I happened to tell her that I think she'd look fine even with another 28ibs on her. Clearly my opinion mattered very little to how she viewed her self image and I think it's the same with the objectification of women. I think whether the man views women as an object or not, it doesn't make much difference to how you see yourselves and you would carry on regardless.
    test
  2. Temperanza

Temperanza Cunt

[youtube]e8MVhIiy8UQ[/youtube]
    Rafael Casal - Barbie & Ken 101, this is you Brit.​
    test
  3. test
  4. Superman70

Superman70 edited

Women are illogical.

That answer your questions?
    test
  5. Temperanza

Temperanza Cunt

test
  6. Hardkore

Hardkore Blunts@TheBeach

my ex: "i'm so fat, i'm so fat, i'm so fat."
    the ex before: "i'm so fat, i'm so fat, i'm so fat."
    the ex before the two exes: "i'm so fat, i'm so fat, i'm so fat."

all these hoes were in great shape. what the fuck, man. i don't walk around saying, "i'm skinny as fuck. i wish i was as tall as other niggas. i wish i had muscles. i wish i could gain weight." i just work out and accept whatever body God gave me.

got damn insecure women.
    test
  7. DaAlmightyDolla

DaAlmightyDolla Greatness

embuste
    test
  8. MISSKEYdaQUEEN

MISSKEYdaQUEEN Watch the black panther..

True because you guys can be just as busted as all hell and still have standards that surpass the reality you will ever indulge in.

I can't begin to explain what its like to be a woman...I will say this much:

Its all your (men) fault. CHURCH!
    test
  9. Temperanza

Temperanza Cunt

I have never been so vain.
    Do not lie to these people.

Women also do this though just for the reasurence to know they're not fat.
    test
  10. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Men judge women by their looks... women judge men by their possessions.

Men don't obsess over our looks as much, because most times, it won't amount to much in pulling women if we're broke as shit... a beautiful woman can still be broke and have a millionaire knockin' on her door.

Still, I think women obsess over detail too much... I think they do that for other women, because most men don't care... ass men probably outnumber breast men by a large amount, yet breast augmentation is still the highest cosmetic surgery... women wear fake eyelashes like that really matters to men... it's a lot of bullshit y'all do when you really don't have to... just keep a sexy body and a cute face... that's all we really care about... you can have a 20 dollar handbag instead of a 500 dollar one and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference or care, for that matter.
    test
  11. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

^^da tr00f
    test
  12. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

There are men who like chubby women, so it's all about being happy with yourself... I never said that a "sexy body" equals a 36-24-36 figure... a "sexy body" is whatever each person finds to be sexy... me personally, I don't mind a few extra lbs as long as they're in the right places... ie, tits, hips, ass... I don't particularly care about dress size because it doesn't really tell me much with regards to curves, which I like more than a particular weight... my wife is a size 12 and she's built like an hourglass.

I think if a woman wants to pursue or be choosy about the kind of man she wants, then she needs to make sure that she is desireable enough herself to that particular man... if not, then she needs to lower her standards.

People keep saying "I'm doing it for myself"... but isn't how you view yourself often dictated by society's perception of what is considered beautiful or healthy?

You don't agree?... look around you. People in the same community tend to have hairdos and styles of dress which don't differ that much from each other ... and the ones that do differ vastly tend to be viewed as "freaks," "weirdos," or "goth"... but even they have their own subculture of like-minded people... nobody is 100% original in how they present themselves to the world

I don't think you can totally discount the opinions of others in your quest for personal improvement.

You're not on an island by yourself... nor are you a heterosexual woman on an island with all women.

Have you ever been to or seen a women's prison on tv? Most of those women look like shit... and I'm not saying they're ugly or anything like that, but they hardly keep their hair done or wear makeup... why? Because they aren't trying to impress anybody... and it's not like you can't stay well groomed in prison, because you can.
    test
  13. Temperanza

Temperanza Cunt

test
  14. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I think Catherine Zeta Jones is better looking than Nicole Kidman, Gwyneth Paltrow or any of those other stick figures.

And I hate that Jennifer Lopez is so ashamed of her ass that she gets her pictures airbrushed so that it appears smaller... she's trying to stay Hollywood thin.

I also hate that Beyonce has succumbed to that, too, by only eating cucumbers and tomatoes.

I think that Rachel True is better looking than Essence Atkins, too, on that show Half & Half... not because she's thicker, but she's prettier, too.
    test
  15. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Hey Temp.
    test
  16. Temperanza

Temperanza Cunt

Rachel True is gorgeous, she always has been. Even when she was in "The Craft" I like her hair, she has character.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    test
  17. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

She's a dime.

I say that because some dudes only talk about Essence as if she's the only pretty one... she's okay, I guess... kinda cute... but she ain't fuckin' wit Rachel.

She's beautiful AND sexy... Essence is just cute.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.