[WK47] [CONTENDER] 3. SiegeSupreme (2-0) v. 4. Thorne (2-0) (Vote!)

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by Tacky Jones, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

[​IMG]
    RULES & REGULATIONS

DEADLINES

[01] - The deadline for verses is Thursday @ 11:59pm EST.
    [02] - The deadline for extensions is 24 hours ONLY, making it Friday @ 11:59pm EST.
    [03] - The deadline for voting is Sunday @ 11:59am EST.​

VOTING

[04] - You must post at least 5 valid voting links within your match.
    [05] - Within those 5 links, you must be sure to vote on both the Championship and Contender matches.
    [06] - Votes must be at least 2 full lines of feedback per competitor followed by the competitor's name in which you choose to vote for.
    [07] - Voting a tie result is deemed a failure to vote.
    [08] - Voting links must be posted in your battle thread with the Champ and Contender matches labeled clearly.
    [09] - Votes changed after 1 hour of posting will be deemed a failure to vote.
    [10] - Voting is open to current participants, past champions, and active RBL moderators ONLY.​

VERSES

[11] - All verses are to remain within the limits of 8 to 40 lines. Any breach of line limit must be agreed upon by both competitors prior to a verse being posted. Failure to comply will result in an automatic forfeit by all failing parties.
    [12] - An agreement of a line limit will serve as the maximum allowed; competitors are allowed to post under an agreed limit, but never over. An agreement is not required. Upon failure to agree to a line limit, the second competitor is thereby required to meet the limit set by the first competitor to post.
    [13] - You must not edit your verse once your opponent has posted, who in turn must not edit their verse after the first vote is cast.​
    test
  2. SiegeSupreme

SiegeSupreme Well-Known Member

test
  3. Thorne

Thorne come at me bro

sixteen
    test
  4. SiegeSupreme

2 no show's in a row?

...I didn't have to try, I'm already top-tier in this league
    See, even kings know to abondon fort in fear of the Siege!
    Rattle me? In this battle league no one's scared of you clown
    Treat this like the "Crucifiction"
    ...and LET Thorne "get in my head" to show ya'll who's REALLY "wearin the crown!"
    This battle is wit vs played concepts - sorry, I'm just exposing the truth
    He's got punchlines like tampons..as soon as they're "read" we know they were used!
    & since u liked played concepts, I guess that's where I'll take it as well
    Cuz the only time Thorne's "dropped a fresh bar"...he was tryin to attract rapists in jail!
    Speaking of rape - that's what this battle is & u better fuckin believe it
    Cuz Q set up this and "saw demise/sodomize" soo all that's left is for me to "cut you in pieces!!"
    ^^He claims he's a vet on a new name? Dog, the league is sick of your lies
    Call 'em "rose in/Rhosyn Forrest"...cuz in reality "Thorne" is just a bitch in disguise!
    This nerds on my level? That's a misconception that this battle is CERTAIN to settle!
    So watch me "crush Thorne with my words" like I was "perserving a petal"!
    Hurtin' this fellow! Techs'll blam, u better hope that my weapon jams!
    I'm from Philly he's from Texas..it's ironic cuz he'll need 1 last "miracle" if my "metal lands/meadowlands"!
    test
  5. Thorne

Thorne come at me bro

in a bit, pressed for time.
    test
  6. Thorne

Thorne come at me bro

Posting at the terminal...

ayo

This week i got the wrong opponent, sorry but T is heartless.
    I should be punchin' through roadblock but i'ma lay out siege regardless.
    You're locally known. peep my archive and go with the flow.
    Contenderships like a kid in his parents gunsafe,
    ..........only had his shot when nobody showed.
    Get blinded by my shine. Then grab a knife n start thrustin.
    N take ur 'last beating in the dark' like the heart of Michael Clarke Duncan.
    Good god u suck, Q brought me another head to slaughter.
    I pulled Q's card...but you? That red text wouldn't cut it for a teleprompter.
    Real talk. Dressing up ya verse doesn't make ur text bright.
    Only thing red catchin my eye - was my lay over on a delayed jet flight.
    Don't act like u belong here or what u droppin is hot whore.
    Namix didnt leave bcuz we tied... it's cus trash like u ranks in the top four.
    This fag'll get cast away n it'll take a team search to find em.
    But the round hole i leave in SS would signal help on any deserted island.
    N when he sees a broad? Being a perv is what this geezers on.
    Dude's ahead of the times... magnifying his binocular scope as a peeping tom.
    test
  7. ski mask

ski mask The Don

SiegeSupreme:

...I didn't have to try, I'm already top-tier in this league
    See, even kings know to abondon fort in fear of the Siege!
    .. decent
    Rattle me? In this battle league no one's scared of you clown
    Treat this like the "Crucifiction"
    ...and LET Thorne "get in my head" to show ya'll who's REALLY "wearin the crown!"
    .. stretched
    This battle is wit vs played concepts - sorry, I'm just exposing the truth
    He's got punchlines like tampons..as soon as they're "read" we know they were used!
    .. nah
    & since u liked played concepts, I guess that's where I'll take it as well
    Cuz the only time Thorne's "dropped a fresh bar"...he was tryin to attract rapists in jail!
    .. ehh, bar of soap/bar concept, nah
    Speaking of rape - that's what this battle is & u better fuckin believe it
    Cuz Q set up this and "saw demise/sodomize" soo all that's left is for me to "cut you in pieces!!"
    .. this could've been good with better wording
    He claims he's a vet on a new name? Dog, the league is sick of your lies
    Call 'em "rose in/Rhosyn Forrest"...cuz in reality "Thorne" is just a bitch in disguise!
    .. pretty cool
    This nerds on my level? That's a misconception that this battle is CERTAIN to settle!
    So watch me "crush Thorne with my words" like I was "perserving a petal"!
    .. not sure about this one
    Hurtin' this fellow! Techs'll blam, u better hope that my weapon jams!
    I'm from Philly he's from Texas..it's ironic cuz he'll need 1 last "miracle" if my "metal lands/meadowlands"!
    .. This could've been good too with better wording

Overall this verse was a let down. You had some cool ideas with the sodomize, and meadowlands punches, but they needed better wording to hit hard. Your best lines were your opener, and the Rhosyn Forrest line. Those were pretty cool.

Thorne:

This week i got the wrong opponent, sorry but T is heartless.
    I should be punchin' through roadblock but i'ma lay out siege regardless.
    .. decent
    You're locally known. peep my archive and go with the flow.
    Contenderships like a kid in his parents gunsafe,
    ..........only had his shot when nobody showed.
    .. stretched but decent
    Get blinded by my shine. Then grab a knife n start thrustin.
    N take ur 'last beating in the dark' like the heart of Michael Clarke Duncan.
    .. lol
    Good god u suck, Q brought me another head to slaughter.
    I pulled Q's card...but you? That red text wouldn't cut it for a teleprompter.
    .. decent, kinda funny
    Real talk. Dressing up ya verse doesn't make ur text bright.
    Only thing red catchin my eye - was my lay over on a delayed jet flight.
    .. too obvious
    Don't act like u belong here or what u droppin is hot whore.
    Namix didnt leave bcuz we tied... it's cus trash like u ranks in the top four.
    .. lol
    This fag'll get cast away n it'll take a team search to find em.
    But the round hole i leave in SS would signal help on any deserted island.
    .. this was nice, prolly ya best so far
    N when he sees a broad? Being a perv is what this geezers on.
    Dude's ahead of the times... magnifying his binocular scope as a peeping tom.
    .. decent

Overall this was a cool verse. I liked the Michael Clarke Duncan, the Namix, and the deserted island lines the most. These lines won the battle for you.

LOTB: deserted island line from Thorne

vote: thorne
    test
  8. Ravenous510

Ravenous510 Well-Known Member

SiegeSupreme

No real wordplay that I can see going on unless I'm missing something...dope line though and it made sense without coming across in a "try hard" manner.

A little drawn out....I'm not sure why you would want to let anyone "get in your head" though...an above average line, though

This line could have been worded slightly better, but I really like it. This line is probably one of the best I've seen in this text league since I've been here. Good shit.

Good line. Made sense. Well structured. I'm a stickler for Structure.

Erm...this one is off. You should have said "Q set this up", not "Q set up this", although it may have just been a typo on your part, I'm not sure....also, I think in general, this line could have been better structured...

Comic book references...I had to Google this one...dope line, but you might want to consider the fact that the more lazy voters are just not going to get lines like this because they won't take the time to research it in order to understand it...

Hmmm....not the greatest line...one does "crush" flowers to preserve them, but you wouldn't crush a "thorn" to preserve a flower or flower petal...the thorn is on the stalk or stem of the flower...

I must admit...I just don't get this one...tried googling "meadowlands"...couldn't connect it with your reference...

Thorne

Nothing clever here as far as I can tell...simple punchline...

Hmmm....I guess...I swear, though...you guys don't put any effort into rhyme schemes....it's just two or three syllables rhymed at the end of every line...that's it...shit is mad boring

How did Michael Clarke Duncan's heart stop beating in the dark? I don't get that...unless the line is based in racism referring to the fact that he's a dark complected fellow...I hope that's not the case...

Umm...nothing clever once again...

Not impressed, man...

Siege is a "hot whore". Thanks, man. That'll stick with me for weeks to come.

This was a good concept, although it suffers from poor execution and wording.

Not impressed with this line.

I think Siege submitted the superior verse in this battle. I think Siege understands the concept of "quality over quantity", although I know this league tends to judge battles under the "more is better" premise when it comes to punchlines, but I think that premise is flawed and forces everyone to strain themselves to come up with relevant and witty punchlines which in turn forces them to include alot of played concepts, or concepts that simply don't make sense.

Thorne had a few wack concepts, but he also had a few really good concepts. It seems like the good concepts he had were poorly executed, though. It seems like he just didn't have much time and pretty much posted a haphazard verse.

My vote; SiegeSupreme
    test
  9. SiegeSupreme

test
  10. Thorne

Thorne come at me bro

up. more votes
    test
  11. ThisisDAM

ThisisDAM Turn The Pages

Okay Seige, first off you got at dude for spitting played concepts and you did a few really old ones yourself. Read line, fresh bar line. Really really bad IMO. I thought you had a couple of okay name players, the get in my head was your best line. Overall, it's not a bad effort minus the really played bars. Oh I forget, also you had some really forced wordplay. Thorne was okay, I liked your SOS line. I dropped a Clarke Duncan line first, so ha. Anyways, decent at best here, I thought your opponent had more played shit and he was getting at you for it, ironic. Your closer was specifically played. This was a close battle tbh. I have to go with Thorne.
    test
  12. wreck'n'eyez

wreck'n'eyez Custom Title User

Thorne got this easily imo

The red eye, ss, mcd line won this for u, just an overall consistent verse.. Seige, your lines were forced bro, especially the meadowland line and sodomize, u also referenced a soap bar lol c'mon that shits played the fuck out.. It seemed like I time traveled reading your verse, u need to be more current

V/thorne
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.