[WK/46] 11. -Kolli$ion- (0-0) v. 12. ski mask (0-0) (ski wins)

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by Quriosity, Aug 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

[​IMG]
    RULES & REGULATIONS

DEADLINES

[01] - The deadline for verses is Thursday @ 11:59pm EST.
    [02] - The deadline for extensions is 24 hours ONLY, making it Friday @ 11:59pm EST.
    [03] - The deadline for voting is Sunday @ 11:59am EST.​

VOTING

[04] - You must post at least 5 valid voting links within your match.
    [05] - Within those 5 links, you must be sure to vote on both the Championship and Contender matches.
    [06] - Votes must be at least 2 full lines of feedback per competitor followed by the competitor's name in which you choose to vote for.
    [07] - Voting a tie result is deemed a failure to vote.
    [08] - Voting links must be posted in your battle thread with the Champ and Contender matches labeled clearly.
    [09] - Votes changed after 1 hour of posting will be deemed a failure to vote.
    [10] - Voting is open to current participants, past champions, and active RBL moderators ONLY.​

VERSES

[11] - All verses are to remain within the limits of 8 to 40 lines. Any breach of line limit must be agreed upon by both competitors prior to a verse being posted. Failure to comply will result in an automatic forfeit by all failing parties.
    [12] - An agreement of a line limit will serve as the maximum allowed; competitors are allowed to post under an agreed limit, but never over. An agreement is not required. Upon failure to agree to a line limit, the second competitor is thereby required to meet the limit set by the first competitor to post.
    [13] - You must not edit your verse once your opponent has posted, who in turn must not edit their verse after the first vote is cast.​
    test
  2. ski mask

ski mask The Don

test
  3. -Kolli$ion-

-Kolli$ion- 3-1-5

im in. 14's cool. gl
    test
  4. -Kolli$ion-

-Kolli$ion- 3-1-5

So you roll with a deep crew...handlin 9's
    Bank robbin, purse snatchin, I'm laughin inside
    Cuz the goons get the dough, the cash and the lime
    And the Ski Mask, well it just gets ditched after the crime
    There's one thing I gotta let you know here, Ski Mask
    Why you got your ski mask tied around where your knees at?
    Funny homo - the only way you movin on white
    Is like Sonny Bono - career's down hill, say goodnight
    Don't need an artillery, nothing's goin for ya dome
    Just a single hollow tip'll rip thru Don's Core alone
    You prolly got some rashes & use hydrocortizone
    While chillin with 3 cats inside of a boarded home
    Fuckin wop - i said it - bring it to me and flame guns!
    Not italian? Named The Don but just proved that you aint one
    Sit down, dick clown - I showed up and this lame's done
    Since you didn't get down? Tim Brown, ya chest just eight one!

sixteen that ok?
    test
  5. ski mask

ski mask The Don

16 is good

Ayo,

Ya fake son, & I'ma let u know the league hates trash
    This shit is football, U get punished when U face Mask
    Let's be serious, U're a clown stuck in last, facts
    The Ranks are all profit..
    & U have no problem getting down to brass tax
    My knife's divine.. but to avoid the stress of compromise
    I'll hide it in ya chest, to give U a blessing in disguise
    This guys face, only a mother could love, I won't omit ya looks
    It tells a complete story of it's own, and I'ma hit the books!
    I'll try to avoid bad luck, U see I don't wanna block what's good
    but ya girl's pussy smells of pine, so I'll risk it & knock on wood
    Stop? U should.. Carry Colts like Luck, gats are my pleasure
    But U get under the gun.. and just buckle from the pressure
    I buy cars with cash, it's funny.. U get on ya knees cuz U bummy
    U gotta use a down payment, that has nothing to do with money
    It's over dunny, U see played lines do the walking for plenty vets
    But U should get a traveling violation, for taking too many steps

Easy
    test
  6. SiegeSupreme

SiegeSupreme Well-Known Member

Voting ski mask.

Wasn't really impressed with this battle overall. For me it came down to "face mask" being the best line of the battle and really the only quotable in my mind.

Both have good flow and concepts but need to do better job executing them into punches. The point is to diss your opponent by using clever/witty/creative schemes and punchlines and both failed to do that for the most part. Ski mask wins this by a hair
    test
  7. Resilient.

Resilient. .. . ..

This was a pretty even match here fellas. Nice job on showing so early.

-Killi$ion- - I enjoyed your verse to be honest. Not in the sense of it being a strong verse, but you were consistent in digging at your opponent. The first 4 was a cool way to start as the first 3 kind of set up the 4th line. Your 4th line was your best line. You kept a pretty smooth flow, nothing spectacular as far as multies or vocabulary goes.

ski mask - Your first line - I'm sorry, but I KNOW you have used that somewhere. Your name is ski mask, and I'm sure you've said that in another battle somewhere - Probably why you made the name so you can use that punchline. Cool opener to floss about yourself, but I didn't like the vibe I got from it. I liked the hit the books line, your 'don' lines could have been reworded a bit to make them harder hitting. Closer was ehh..

Vote - ski mask

Even match here fellas, but I think ski edged it out with some better punchlines even though they needed some rewording.l

Line of the Match:
    "This guys face, only a mother could love, I won't omit ya looks
    It tells a complete story of it's own, and I'ma hit the books!" - ski mask
    test
  8. -Kolli$ion-

-Kolli$ion- 3-1-5

Ski mask didn't have any don lines...I did.
    Does that vote even count? lol

nice verse homey.
    test
  9. ski mask

ski mask The Don

Yeah, I recycled that line from an old RBL battle of mine. Got lazy.
    test
  10. Resilient.

Resilient. .. . ..

Oh man. My bad. The don lines were irrelevant. If anything it makes ski mask the winner by a bigger margin. They were weak
    test
  11. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

I'm mad I typed up a vote and my phone died and then reloaded the page.

Oh well.

Kollision, I didn't dig how you opened up. Took you four lines just to execute a weak punch. That's not being efficient. And I'm not sure why the goons copped a lime. We're they robbing a local grocer or something? Long story short, terrible execution and you forced the fuck out of the wording. The concept could've been useful, and will most certainly be flipped in the future. Moving on—not sure I get the ski mask where your knees at reference, and I blame you for that. Horrible setup and horrible punch. Not digging Sonny Bono. And although the Don Core Alone line was probably your best display of execution, it's just too corny and forced to me. After that, I quickly questioned why you started calling him don instead of ski mask. You spent entirely too much time with weak name flips when the name you were flipping wasn't even his name, but a custom user title. Not to mention, the only creative flip was poorly executed, as just mentioned, and the others were not creative at all. Boarded home was lame/stupid/irrelevant. The don/Italian line was equally as stupid. And I get the closer, but I don't think you pulled it off. Overall, a bad verse. Weak punches, poorly executed ideas, and very forced concepts and wording of those concepts. You'll have to do better.

Ski mask, I dug your opener. Two good ideas executed well right off the bat. Then you threw me for a loop with the blessing in disguise. Not sure I'm convinced the author of the first two couplets could've even produced that. The rhythm was off and the punch was just stupid. Books was a workable concept, but I wasn't too impressed. Wouldn't quote it or tell anyone about it. Pussy/pine was corny. Just didn't like it. Didn't seem authentic, like why would pussy smell like pine and why would that be attractive? I like pussy that smells like good ol' pussy the way God intended. I see the concept and think it could be flipped to appear less forced. Buckle under pressure—eh, no. I like the down payment concept, but don't like your variation. Could've been more effective, more direct. And the closer was dumb. Overall, not leaps and bounds better. Good thing you recycled, cos your first two won it for. Had some other decent concepts here and there, but I'd suggest working on your execution.

Vote - ski mask
    test
  12. Ravenous510

Ravenous510 Well-Known Member

I'd give this to Kollision...

Dude came with some original lines, and Ski Mask admitted to recycling...

My Vote; Kollision
    test
  13. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

3-1, ski mask.
    test
  14. wreck'n'eyez

wreck'n'eyez Custom Title User

Kollision.. Eh verse, it took u 4 lines to set up a ski mask punch, the don corleone wordplay was forced and your closer was irrelevant

Ski.. Not much better than kollision, the hide my knife in his chest line has been flipped so many times, face only a mother could love was stretched, and everythin else was kinda weak.. I'm also not a fan of recycling

But with that said v/ski mask cuz u did attack ur opponent n jab him more
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.