[WK/45] [CONTENDER] 3. Quriosity (2-0) v. 4. SonnyDaze (15-2) (Vote!)

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by Quriosity, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

[​IMG]
    RULES & REGULATIONS

DEADLINES

[01] - The deadline for verses is Thursday @ 11:59pm EST.
    [02] - The deadline for extensions is 24 hours ONLY, making it Friday @ 11:59pm EST.
    [03] - The deadline for voting is Sunday @ 11:59am EST.​

VOTING

[04] - You must post at least 5 valid voting links within your match.
    [05] - Within those 5 links, you must be sure to vote on both the Championship and Contender matches.
    [06] - Votes must be at least 2 full lines of feedback per competitor followed by the competitor's name in which you choose to vote for.
    [07] - Voting a tie result is deemed a failure to vote.
    [08] - Voting links must be posted in your battle thread with the Champ and Contender matches labeled clearly.
    [09] - Votes changed after 1 hour of posting will be deemed a failure to vote.
    [10] - Voting is open to current participants, past champions, and active RBL moderators ONLY.​

VERSES

[11] - All verses are to remain within the limits of 8 to 40 lines. Any breach of line limit must be agreed upon by both competitors prior to a verse being posted. Failure to comply will result in an automatic forfeit by all failing parties.
    [12] - An agreement of a line limit will serve as the maximum allowed; competitors are allowed to post under an agreed limit, but never over. An agreement is not required. Upon failure to agree to a line limit, the second competitor is thereby required to meet the limit set by the first competitor to post.
    [13] - You must not edit your verse once your opponent has posted, who in turn must not edit their verse after the first vote is cast.​
    test
  2. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

no more than 16.

pic?

boo at no pics. you were game last week. oh well. i prefer 16 as i just don't have the time for this, but if you post 24 first, then i'll most likely match it.
    test
  3. SonnyDaze

SonnyDaze 7 train heavyweight

No pics.

I'd prefer to go to 24, but it's whatever.

Change of heart. Pic battle's good. Check your PMs.

Will edit for votes.
    test
  4. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

test
  5. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

[​IMG]

LOL.

Ok,
    Cowboys held the title, now they're fearing this brother,
    Took one look at THAT dome, and Jerry Jones is building another,
    Just look at that thing! Who dares to want to taunt?
    Fuck a headbutt, Sonny'll hit you with a head-badonkadonk!
    Guess an angel reset the page when his shift started,
    Which explains why God created his face with 6-inch margins,
    Baby-faced nigga, where's the other half of the pack?
    Or did your mask come without a 'stache and glasses attached?!
    And most cops rely on raids.. he took a different approach,
    Causing a drought in the dope game with just one sniff'a his nose,
    So if the smeller is the feller, then I'm starting to grin,
    Cos with that huge snout, I'll never own up to farting again!
    And is that even a photograph? Because it's awfully candid,
    With the left side of ya ugly face dripping right off'a the canvas,
    Said I'd race him to the top, but men never tread smart,
    & who gave the right side of ya face a 10 second head start?!
    'Ol Jersey Shore ass nigga, but I doubt that he's stable,
    Looking like Igor strapped Mike the Situation down to a table!
    Wack ass guido frankenstein, you lack a decent tissue,
    & I've heard of bringing knives, but you packed a finger pistol!
    Just look at this white boy throw up his set like a dummy,
    If we count the red in his face, he could rep for his country!
    And the three little pigs vowed to never shave it again,
    'til he proved you don't need hair to scare a wolf away with your chin!
    With a knot the size of a fist.. that shit's jacked!
    Bet if I hit him in his chin, that his chin would hit back!!
    And yo, I find it hard to believe,
    That you STILL bit off more than you can chew with those big chompers for teeth!
    But fuck it,
    Motherfucker, I'm ill.
    test
  6. SonnyDaze

SonnyDaze 7 train heavyweight

[​IMG]

A real geek, employed by the Boy Scouts of Atlanta, just thought I’d let the people know
    How come you look nothing like the ‘bad ass’ T.a.C. was dissing just two weeks ago?
    Nerd ass faggot, don’t make me prank call you cuz if you want it I can take it there
    I’ll dial 770-989… then spare you the last 4 digits cuz that’s all you’re probably makin’ there
    This dude would be a “text master”, you can’t fuck with his discreet circle
    Talkin big game like he’s Jaleel White… real life lookin like Steve Urkel
    What to do with a football- he wouldn’t have the slightest inclination
    He just figured this helmet could protect his soft spot for child molestation
    Peeking down at his wiener, praying that it doesn’t flinch again
    So many boys around, it’s in his jeans to naturally wanna pitch a tent
    Lookin paranoid, about to reveal to the camp he doesn’t care for vag.
    Fuck the rocks, he has something hard to climb on if they wanna earn this merit badge
    26 and still taking orders from the Scout Master’s wife
    She ain’t setting up a ropes course buddy… tonight you’re getting sacrificed
    White bitch put him to work like, “Boy, you betta shine dem helmets til dey glistenin’!”
    Promised a paycheck then turned her back on his ass like the black community did to him.
    Ignorant to it all, just making sure that fuckin helmet is spotless
    Scout Master’s bout to whip you with the rope that he taught you to tie knots with
    Then hang you with that same rope, how the fuck did this happen?
    It's the price you pay for praising Uncle Sam while residing in Uncle Tom's Cabin
    test
  7. Donis

Donis New Member

Quriosity won this. Sonny had some good concepts, but those lines are so long I can't get into them. and Q had the pic disses that hit a bit harder. Just seemed like a slightly more polished verse. Well up fellas.
    test
  8. SiegeSupreme

SiegeSupreme Well-Known Member

Will further break down 2morrow when I'm not half asleep but felt Sonny took it. His was slightly shorter but kept be entertained throughout with a lot of fresh concepts and disses.
    I felt his disses were actual punchlines, while still being personal & based off of the pic.

Fav lines -
    Nerd ass faggot, don’t make me prank call you cuz if you want it I can take it there
    I’ll dial 770-989… then spare you the last 4 digits cuz that’s all you’re probably makin’ there

Peeking down at his wiener, praying that it doesn’t flinch again
    So many boys around, it’s in his jeans to naturally wanna pitch a tent

White bitch put him to work like, “Boy, you betta shine dem helmets til dey glistenin’!”
    Promised a paycheck then turned her back on his ass like the black community did to him

Fav lines by Q-

And most cops rely on raids.. he took a different approach,
    Causing a drought in the dope game with just one sniff'a the nose
    test
  9. namix

namix u flip shit, i refine it

Favs from Q:

- cool. domes obviously a play that's been used a lot -- but the relevance of the pic + jones' "huge dome" brought it to life.

Just look at that thing! Who dares to want to taunt?
    Fuck a headbutt, Sonny'll hit you with a head-badonkadonk!
    - haha. i liked this because it's original, and had good conceptual flow from the previous line.

Guess an angel reset the page when his shift started,
    Which explains why God created his face with 6-inch margins,
    - i get what you're saying re: the space there (in the pic & with the margins), original concept that could have prob. been more effectively set up

Said I'd race him to the top, but men never tread smart,
    & who gave the right side of ya face a 10 second head start?!
    -- this was funny, but it kinda took the bar before this to really bring the relevance of the concept into context, but yea, this was a funny observation for sure.

Overall: i thought it started out hilarious; the dome & then headbutt line were great --- then the verse started to lose a bit of steam, just seen soo many pic battles and at some point, alot of chin lines/shaving/teeth/etc. only have so many angles that can be taken. i do think you had a couple real original angles though, like that margin one, it was a good observation and clever concept -- coulda been super dope if the context built into it a bit differently imo.

-----------------------------
    Favs from Sonny:

- this was a cool concept. really, really long man bars bro - with minimal 'inner-rhymes' and in the ADD generation - i would definitely focus on making them more concise, your concepts will be that much more impactful. This was a dope concept though, and the wording was str8, even down to the usage of "spare" and the relevance leading up to this punch. im not a HUGE rhymescheme guy, but with these stretched lines and ending them with "take it there / makin there", it was a kinda weak ending rhyme.

What to do with a football- he wouldn’t have the slightest inclination
    He just figured this helmet could protect his soft spot for child molestation
    - this is great, and probably a line that won't get enough appreciation, but i dug it. relevance of the picture/helmet & wordplay for 'soft spot' that also ties to children/heads.... it was cool, probably more in that line than some peeps will recognize.

Overall: i really dug those two concepts above; your scheme kills me but i never put toooo much stock in that. when i read that first quote, i actually thought "damn this is about to get serious", but then there were a series of really really played concepts man, i'm talkin like since 02 played... e.g. steve urkle references in pic matches would have to be INSANE for me to even bat an eye at; pitching tent (i get the relevance to scouts, but still man, just been done waaaay too much), uncle toms cabin (used very very much, in like 04-05 rbl i must have seen the concept like 20 times alone, especially against Richard Corey -- shit i even tried to do a reverse one in '04 against calefaction (since his names tom) ---- just stuff thats hard for me to get behind like "oh damn, shits getting personal"...

======================

VOTE - Q

Why? its not you guys, its picture battles, but i swear they just bore me at this point. they were important for a period which was plagued by pre-writing, biting, and a lack of personals -- they actually made verses MORE unique for a time --- but now i just feel like the same angles are regurgitated over and over... that part is totally a style preference thing, so each to their own if you guys are still into pic matches.

As far as the battle - i thought that each of you had a couple real nice lines.

Q's best concepts slightly edged Sonnys, but not be a bunch.
    Q's worst concepts were more interesting than Sonnys worst, however.
    Execution wise, Sonny, shore up that flow man, i really liked where you were going with a couple things, and i was never a 'structure nut', but if you tighten up the structure it'll make some of your concepts hit harder for sure man.

Not a bad read fellas....
    test
  10. wreck'n'eyez

wreck'n'eyez Custom Title User

Q took this with ease.. That head badonkadonk line was jokes n pretty much killed wtv sonny had.. Q just had a more solid verse and more zingers... Sonny ur verse is just bland to me n a lil redundant, work on ur execution cuz nothin u had made me go HA, that's whut pic battles are for.. U had some played ish also with the pitch a tent n urkel lines... But yea q got this easy even tho the 2nd half of ur verse took a dip compared to the first half.. Almost like u got bored or somethin

V/q
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.