[WK/2] The RBL Magazine

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by Xquisite, Nov 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xquisite

Xquisite Guest

[​IMG]
    BROUGHT TO YOU BY Xquisite
    Week 2

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Introduction
    Battle Reviews
    Battle Previews
    Top Punches
    VOTW
    No-Show Shine
    The Torr-ific 5
    Outroduction

-----------------------

Introduction

Finally it’s back!!! It’s been long over due but it’s time to get the most respected league poppin again. I had a feeling we would get a couple no shows, but it wasn’t too bad. Activity will increase I’m sure, cuz a lot of people don’t even know that the RBL is back but once they do, I’m sure peeps will be flooding the sign up sheet. Week 1 wasn’t the greatest week, I didn’t see everyone’s full potential in their verses. I think it’s mainly fear of no show by their opponent, but I don’t see too many more no shows happening, so be prepared to give it your all. I also want to talk about voting…be sure to post your 5 voting links in your battle or in the no-show/skunk link thread. Failure to post links will result in you not moving up in the ranks.
    test
  2. Xquisite

Xquisite Guest

Battle Reviews

Iglos v. coil grimely
    Iglos had a nice rhythmic flow but most of his punches came off a little simple to me, some were cool but others were blah. Iglos did have nice swagger and did come less played than coil in this one. Coil, I literally laughed out loud when I saw the acronyms and the de-feet lines. Those are big no no’s but you’ll learn the do’s and don’ts with time. Coil too had a nice rhythmic flow, but was lacking effectiveness all the way through and that showed in the votes as Iglos took this pretty easily.

Chin Kwon v. Rap Antics

Decent battle here, Chin had some nice concepts but wording was his biggest issue, the bars just didn’t roll off the tongue smooth, kinda choppy. But non the less Chin had 3 cool hits in a row with the NRA, Anti Up and Dead Serious. Those were cool, but the others were just snoozers to me. Antics had lotb with the opener, personal that hit a little and the closer that was aight too. Antics misses were more effective to me and that’s why I think he got the win in this one…. Decent read though for sure
    T.a.C v. .:pain:.
    Some hyped surrounding this battle since there was a call out by Tac and they’re matched up twice together in two different leagues. Tacs opener was effective but god damn was it stretched, but oddly the rest of the verse flowed hella dope…I don’t know what was up with the structure on the opener though, but it had content. Tac also had some humor in a couple other punches to wrap up his verse. Pain, I don’t know…I’ve seen you come so much more nicer. I just wasn’t feelin it in your verse this week, the go drink with hoes was funny but everything else to me was general statements with a little bit of shit talking. Just one of those weeks I guess, but Tac was more effective and entertaining and that’s why he came away with the win in this one.

Gramur v. Phresh Air

hmmm cool little battle here, I guess I saw it different than everyone else…I personally though Phresh air took it. I thought Gramur had 2 quotables (PH and suffocation) and thought Phresh air had 3 (gravity, glaring mistakes, and ur gram) it was a really short battle though, so there wasn’t much room for deliberation in the consistency department. But in the end, peeps felt Gramur was more effective…good read yall.

guywithanaxe v. Sound
    Well……….Sound bodied this battle, guywithanaxe was just too simple and ineffective. Sound just out classed dude in every aspect, flow, wording, creativity, humor, swagger etc. not much else to say, this was the most one sided battle of the week
    test
  3. Xquisite

Xquisite Guest

Battle Previews

Iglos v. T.a.C
    Should be a good one, both have smooth flows but could improve on the creativity aspect of battling. Both seem to know each other and I know that personals is one of T.a.Cs strong points so I could see this going his way, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Iglos wins.

Gramur v. KDP

I don’t really remember anything from KDP so I cant really predict this one fairly, but I know Gramur has the potential to come up with fresh and creative concepts…if he could just work on his wording, he could have potential to be a heavy hitter in this league.
    BronzeAtlas v. Significantt

Probably my favorite match up of the week. Both are very capable of bringing some solid shit, but I think Significant is a little bit more talented overall. Maybe that Bronze is looked at as the under dog, maybe he will come with more hunger. But if both come with all they got, I think Significantt might take this.

Rap Antics v. Sound
    Another dope match up, Rap Antics is kind of up and down though…but when he brings his best, its pretty entertaining, but Sound has just been beasting it lately, dudes a notable vet and he showed it last week with an effortless dope verse….should be a cool matchup, but based on history, I got Sound.

coil grimely v. Gopher D’Gusto

I don’t know Gopher D’Gusto, so I’ll randomly pick coil grimely

guywithanaxe v. .:pain:.

I can see some future potential in guywithanaxe but right now he just isn’t shining. Pain has been at the top before and is a more polished battler. I would be shocked to see Pain lose this one, but crazier things have happened.

Phresh Air v. Super Mitzu

Phresh Air had some cool concepts last week and I don’t know Super Mitzu at all, so I gotta roll with Phresh

Atreyu v. Jack Lantern

don’t know either really, but I do remember Atreyu dropping the worst bar of all time that a lot of people still laugh about today. Something about sheep wouldn’t fuck you cuz u got a saa-aad erection. Roflzaoblalahaljhablja

Calibre v. ItsHush

a pretty nice match up here, Calibre hasn’t been on the battling tip in a minute so I expect him to be rusty, but when he’s at his best…he can formulate some nice hits…But I think Hush is too nice wit it and will take this convincingly.

chicitystock v. Link Gash

don’t know chicitystock at all and I don’t think I’ve seen Link Gash battle…I guess I’ll randomly pick Link Gash

Yon Zula v. Surplus

Yon Zula can bring it and has been at the top before….Surplus is a new name to this league, so it will be a mystery to how he will bring it…but I gotta go with Yon based on his past verses.​
    test
  4. Xquisite

Xquisite Guest

Top Punches- no order

Iglos v. coil grimely
    don't know who you are.. but you will get wrecked quick
    you got Block Buster punches?.. pht.. mine are Netflix

Chin Kwon v. Rap Antics
    says he love this text shit; tryin to get a career of it
    shit...i'll lay the ground work....if you really dead serious

Rap Antics v. Chin Kwon
    your a light textcee, rhymes aint weighin a pound kid
    just cuz theyre always pointless...doesn't mean theyre well rounded

T.a.C v. .:pain:.
    This bastards got no doubt, you got the FLF back our guarded ember
    So trust, we ain’t lettin no motherfuckers pick on our retarded member

.:pain:. v. T.a.C
    Number 3: You post more than anyone here could know,
    You're fuckin' nineteen, go out, start drinkin' beers with hoes!

Gramur v. Phresh Air

Dude your lame, and your game must of took a vacation
    Women reject Air so much...1000s die from suffocation

Phresh Air v. Gramur
    i drop heat everytime, and your just another tragedy/
    when it comes to reaching the heights of wack, you defy gravity/

Sound v. guywithanaxe
    let me inform you of somethin, A - you're weak as fuck
    B - you suck - C - you idolize the all the vets i've beaten up
    ain't on my level, this guy's stuck with that rook flow
    if this faggot got's a pen & pad he ain't writin music - he's still taking footnotes
    Ya dead for sure, trust me cause sound ain't fearin ya
    i'll send this guyana's way - you'll find his body near south america
    test
  5. Xquisite

Xquisite Guest

Verse of the Week

Sound v. guywithanaxe

test
  6. Xquisite

Xquisite Guest

No-Show Shine
    Significantt,

test
  7. Xquisite

Xquisite Guest

The Torr-ific 5

#1 Sound – Had the best verse last week

#2 T.a.C – Had the toughest matchup and came out with a win

#3 Significantt– Has the talent

#4 Rap Antics– Has the potential to make some noise

#5 Gramur– Can bring some creative and fresh stuff

test
  8. Xquisite

Xquisite Guest

Outroduction
    Honestly, not the greatest verse I’ve seen, so let me say this….Week 3 everyone will be ranked, so lets say you are 2-0 and another guy is 2-0…I will rank one higher than the other based off their verses the past two weeks, so don’t just write to win this week….write to be ranked better than the next guy, and obviously this goes with peeps who are 1-1 or 1-0 or 0-2 or whatever….so don’t write just to squeak by. Future mags will be better, just not much to go off of this week. And don’t forget to vote, all that shit about write your best wont even matter if you don’t post links….and tell peeps the RBL is back, 1.

test
  9. T.a.C

T.a.C Guest

nice mag my cracgga. glad the leagues back.

so, if you're ranking people next week, does that mean were already having champ matches?
    test
  10. YonZula

YonZula Yon the God

how am i not power ranked? you heathen!!! your God is angry
    test
  11. coil grimely

coil grimely Tears textcees to tidbits

Awesome Mag. Real thorough, on point like Tyler Hansborough...

iglos won, but i won't keep bitching. last week was a fluke, like deep sea fishing

for really tho, it's good to see individuals are getting amp'd again.
    the mag is always a good source for finding some motivation.

Pz
    test
  12. Gopher D'Gusto

Gopher D'Gusto Well-Known Member

No mention for my week one verse? I thought I had some really good punches even though both Exon and Atreyu no-showed. haha
    test
  13. IgloS

IgloS Eye Glows

yeah.. good mag x.. glad you got RBL going again.. coil good match last week.. I thought you came dope
    test
  14. PhreshAir

PhreshAir ---------------------

thats a good look right there bruh...
    test
  15. Xquisite

Xquisite Guest

nah, champ matches will start week 5, 6 or 7...I havent decided yet
    test
  16. its Hush

its Hush New Member

champ match=hush vs sound
    test
  17. Significantt

Significantt New Member

the sooner the better.

ROFL your not very good.
    test
  18. YonZula

YonZula Yon the God

sign ur a new age calibre. remember that faggot
    test
  19. Significantt

Significantt New Member

man I whooped your ass last time I saw you, you have no reason to be cocky.. calm yourself.

& im not a new age anything, I was battling in leagues with 50+ heads and 3 titles before your balls dropped.
    test
  20. YonZula

YonZula Yon the God

ok ma'am if u really want to believe that and u got lucky enough to get a bunch of wack ass votes from new age voters last time cause ya verse wasn't nothing special at all. but i'll be sure to return the favor when we meet again so make sure u hit ya aim buddies up this week so u can get a win
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.