[WK 16] 11. nom de plume. 6-2 v 12. Infinite Truth 7-2 (Vote Now!)

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Lucifa, May 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

[​IMG]

----- The RSTL Official Rules & Regulations -----

"GENERAL RULES"

VERSUS DUE: Every Thursday @ 11:59 PM EST
    LINE LIMIT: Minimum of 16 lines, Maximum of 64
    ** NO RECYCLING, NO EXCEPTIONS **
    • Recycling is the equivalent to that of a no-show and will be treated as such, thus resulting in a loss in favor of the participant whom chose to recycle and a win in favor of his/her opponent
    • Extensions may only be granted if a moderator has given consent prior to a verse being posted in the match OR your opponent gives his consent
    • If granted, the extension will override deadline for both participants extending it for no more than 24 hours
    • CHECK-INS are encouraged, but not required
    • Verses MUST incorporate AT LEAST 1 of the provided topics
    • A failure to show will result in a loss and a sign out by default
    • If your opponent fails to show, you MUST STILL post AT LEAST 4 lines (4-15) AND 2 voting links in order to claim victory
    • A Championship Title WILL NOT be decided by way of no-show!!!
    • If an opponent fails to show in a Championship match, the remaining participant will be ranked as the number 1 seed, but will not be considered a Champion until a win by vote
    • Upon your second no show, you will be suspended for two weeks of competition. A third no show will result in a three week suspension and a fourth will result in a suspension for the remainder of the season. There is no suspension for first time no showers.
    • Competitors are limited to posting 3 times in their own match, which allows for checking in, posting votes, and posting a verse. For each post over 3 unless deemed necessary by the mods, the competitor will be docked one vote.
    • Each competitor may only post once in another competitors battle allowing for a vote and nothing more, if you would like an explanation or to explain as to why a vote was cast a certain way, you can pm them or point things out properly in the vote to begin with. Violating this will result in losing a vote in your match.
    • A verse can be edited if and only if it is the first verse to be posted and the other verse has yet to be posted or it is the second verse posted and a vote has yet to be received.
    • Members found constantly disruptive to the league will have their sign-in ignored.

"VOTING RULES"

VOTES DUE: Every Sunday @ 11:59 PM EST

• You MUST vote on AT LEAST 5 matches AND post links in your thread
    • EACH link NOT POSTED will result in a 1 vote DEDUCTION
    • Voting on the Championship and Contender matches is mandatory
    • Champ and Contender links MUST be labeled accordingly
    • Your votes MUST be AT LEAST 2 FULL lines in length per verse in order to be deemed valid (Discretion given on incomplete verses)
    • Failure to vote and/or post LABELED LINKS will result in vote deductions in your battle
    • If your opponent fails to show, you are still accountable for voting on ALL 5 matches as well as posting those links in your match and labeling the CHAMP and CONTENDER respectively!!!
    • Votes posted AFTER DEADLINE will NOT COUNT!!!
    • Voting is open to PARTICIPANTS, RSTL MODERATORS, and PAST CHAMPIONS ONLY!!!
    • PAST CHAMPIONS MUST vote on a MINIMUM of 4 matches in order to be counted as a legitimate voter
    • Editing your vote for any reason must be done within the hour of the original post time. Otherwise, the vote will be null and void.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Any changes must be agreed upon by both participants and cleared by a moderator

MODERATORS ARE LAW OF THE LAND

NOTE: NEW VOTING RULES WILL BE ENFORCED!!!

YOU MUST VOTE ON AT LEAST 5 MATCHES AND POST LINKS IN YOUR THREAD

CHAMP AND CONTENDER LINKS MUST BE LABELED ACCORDINGLY

FAILURE TO VOTE AND/OR POST LABELED LINKS WILL RESULT IN VOTE DEDUCTIONS IN YOUR BATTLE

IF YOUR OPPONENT FAILS TO SHOW, YOU ARE STILL ACCOUNTABLE FOR VOTING ON ALL 5 MATCHES AS WELL AS POSTING THOSE LINKS IN THE VOTING LINKS THREAD AND LABELING THE CHAMP AND CONTENDER RESPECTIVELY!!!
    test
  2. Infinite Truth

Infinite Truth ...scatterboxx rocks.

test
  3. nom de plume.

nom de plume. rumbrave.

i'm gonna hand you the win more or less.
    i have so much shit to do.
    i'll post a 16.
    sorry love.
    test
  4. Infinite Truth

blah.
    okok.

no doubt.
    understood.

[votes'll go here.]
    test
  5. nom de plume.

nom de plume. rumbrave.

'another brick in the wall'

I went to bed with the stars, and woke up with no lights on
    Still writing for the green eyed girl with the night gone
    I’ve tried one too many times to guard her vision
    From the smoke rising quickly, find it hard to listen
    I’m so fast to mimic for the cars and women
    But I can’t drive; she’s still beautiful, I’m far from brilliant
    Seeing psalms in visions
    Still pretending to be calm and different
    I’ve led a charmed existence, but now the clouds gather
    Wishing I could enter the picture like rose madder
    I fell asleep with my head in my arms
    I’m dead and I’m starved, sly smile with a devilish charm
    I’ve played my part and I’m leaving for Jericho hill
    Left my heart with the horn, so this death won’t kill
    I’m always the best until, someone arrives
    Eyes to the stars watching the sun as it dies

sorry mate.
    test
  6. Infinite Truth

"sins of faith".

{“organic”.}

rosary rocked round her neck,
    angel- she cries;
    then, notably caught wound in webs,
    painfully sighs-
    it’s escaping her breath,
    as she’s raising her head
    with sorry pride
    & starry-eyed…
    stars dangle up high-
    racing ahead
    light years, chasing their death-
    cobweb & tangled up white
    spangling skies.
    complex & fatal, yet bright;
    able to fight…
    bruised or… soar or…
    boozed or… sober.
    but supernovas…
    maneuver closer,
    with beamed sheen-
    illuminating florescence.
    still her dark dreams
    accumulate with more presence.
    truly sin’s
    soothed within
    by organic love,
    that pours forth
    for more manic lust.
    darling don’t panic… rush in factual faith
    with the blood
    of a dusk you can actually taste.
    your silk skin…
    just like porcelain…
    its every element…
    delicate,
    yet elegant…
    embellished in
    developments
    of stellar-esq eloquence.
    but, lord is grim;
    for you’re torn within.
    …your miseries anger & tire…
    so sad soliloquies, papered the writer,
    plus aesthetic symphonies,- nature-inspired;-
    …all while nicotine vapors lift higher…
    sins of faith
    thinly trace
    the skin of your face.
    & i…
    i feel as though now…
    now begins the race.
    test
  7. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

Vote = nom de plume. .. cos that's the way it works around here ..

I kid I kid .. I ain't made my mind up yet ..

read both and was underwhelmed by both .. shame ..

nom - I can't help but pronounce brilliant as it should be .. where your rhyming would have it be "brill-yant" and cut out the middle syllable .. kinda threw me in the flow of the text .. I know this isn't a verse that's gone out for the win as such .. but it was a cool read with the odd line that shone in its wording .. it had a moody feel overall but the piece ended just as it was getting going .. the content felt almost complete but at the same time felt like it was bare minimum ..

IT - this was not up to usual standards but I guess there was no real reason to go overboard considering nom posted a verse just to show .. this chugged along and the structure didn't really lend itself to packing in the info but it was decent to read .. a few glimmers of niceness but overall it pretty 'standard' ..

eh .. I really could vote either way here as neither is a clear cut above the other for me .. both lacked effort and conviction .. yet both had some nice lines and wording in places .. however ..

Vote = Infinite Truth .. I dunno .. I nearly went for nom as his content was maybe slightly more interesting but I can't really say which I enjoyed more as neither inspired me but both had appealing factors .. I just think IT 'deserved' the win possibly with the flair and distinguished style that made for a smoother read ..
    test
  8. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

Up over locked threads.
    test
  9. Cereal_Killer

Cereal_Killer no ESCAPE

Nom:
    Yeh this is pretty short but some good wording and your vocabs fairly nice too.. Not much in the way of a story but it did seem like a good intro to a fairly solid piece.. Some nice imagery which was cool and for what it was it wasn't a bad lil piece of writing.

Inf:
    Nice dude.. vocab a lot more potent, very strong emotion for such a short verse.. Your poetic style worked well as usual and your rhyming style is pretty nice too.. Yeh not too much of a story but your rhythm and that nice wording of yours made it what it was.. Nice piece dude..

vote = Infinite Truth

pretty close but inf's smoother style and poetic wording edged it out.. gl guys
    test
  10. Pent uP

Pent uP I'd Like to Fight Ten Men

yea i'm going to have to go with inifinite truth on this one. Better vocab, i dug the smooth flow and the rhyming was was nice. i like when i can just read a piece right through and barely realize the rhymes. nom, i think if you had spent some more time on your verse it could have been nice. decent concept and the writing wasn't bad at all. just too short and empty.

Vote= Infinite truth
    test
  11. SpeedyCalhoun

SpeedyCalhoun Obviously...

Damn, another battle of the "same game"....

Nom- This verse I believe was about you not being any different from any other guy for this girl...I think. Maybe I need some sleep or some shit. It seems like you just had a nice mechanics/vocab verse here. The quality of the verse is superb, but the content lacks for me...

IT- The last sentence of that^ review applies to you too. I think your vocab and construction was on point, but the content really went over my head, more so than Nom's. However, you did beat Nom at his game this weak, because I enjoyed your verse better.

V-IT
    test
  12. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

decent match for what its worth

nom - although this was a no-show verse you still showed equal talent to many that posted this week, not really worthy of much feedback however and i doubt you're actually searching for it but i will say that i enjoyed it, good wording, the flow was good, and the story was brief but somewhat fulfilling, im running out of time to vote so i'll leave it at that

it - this was impressive and a good show of writing, unconventional in structure but fit into your usual arsenal of formats, the wording was for the most part spot on with a good/great flow and an interesting storyling accompanied by a creative approach not only in structure but in wording and how you summed up the story, i liked this a lot although im sure it was a quickie, very poetic and worth multiple reads

vote - infinite truth
    test
  13. MetaSin

MetaSin I Don't Believe In You...

not what i expected from u guys

nom- not really much in the way of a story. U did say u were gonna basically just bullshit til the playoffs, but I did enjoy the fluidity of what u dropped, and thought ur rhyming was real smoothe.

inf- i liked the structure. again, this wasn't anything near ur best work for me, but obviously u didn't need that. However this

your silk skin…
    just like porcelain…
    its every element…
    delicate,
    yet elegant…
    embellished in
    developments
    of stellar-esq eloquence.

was so dope. Not forced in anyway, and veeeeeery smoothe. I liked it for what it was, and your wording was dope too.

vote- inf.

although neither came with "A" game, they both definitely showed flashes of their skills, and I expect both to make it far in the playoffs.
    test
  14. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

Infinite Truth 6-0 npd. .. neither vote on 3 possible

IT wins 3-(-3)
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.