[Wk 14] 7. Insanevillian 4-1 v. 7.5. Pent Up 4-1 v. 8. Vern Acular 4-1 (Vote Now!)

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Quriosity, May 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

[​IMG]

----- The RSTL Official Rules & Regulations -----

"GENERAL RULES"

VERSUS DUE: Every Thursday @ 11:59 PM EST
    LINE LIMIT: Minimum of 16 lines, Maximum of 64
    ** NO RECYCLING, NO EXCEPTIONS **
    • Recycling is the equivalent to that of a no-show and will be treated as such, thus resulting in a loss in favor of the participant whom chose to recycle and a win in favor of his/her opponent
    • Extensions may only be granted if a moderator has given consent prior to a verse being posted in the match OR your opponent gives his consent
    • If granted, the extension will override deadline for both participants extending it for no more than 24 hours
    • CHECK-INS are encouraged, but not required
    • Verses MUST incorporate AT LEAST 1 of the provided topics
    • A failure to show will result in a loss and a sign out by default
    • If your opponent fails to show, you MUST STILL post AT LEAST 4 lines (4-15) AND 2 voting links in order to claim victory
    • A Championship Title WILL NOT be decided by way of no-show!!!
    • If an opponent fails to show in a Championship match, the remaining participant will be ranked as the number 1 seed, but will not be considered a Champion until a win by vote
    • Upon your second no show, you will be suspended for two weeks of competition. A third no show will result in a three week suspension and a fourth will result in a suspension for the remainder of the season. There is no suspension for first time no showers.
    • Competitors are limited to posting 3 times in their own match, which allows for checking in, posting votes, and posting a verse. For each post over 3 unless deemed necessary by the mods, the competitor will be docked one vote.
    • Each competitor may only post once in another competitors battle allowing for a vote and nothing more, if you would like an explanation or to explain as to why a vote was cast a certain way, you can pm them or point things out properly in the vote to begin with. Violating this will result in losing a vote in your match.
    • A verse can be edited if and only if it is the first verse to be posted and the other verse has yet to be posted or it is the second verse posted and a vote has yet to be received.
    • Members found constantly disruptive to the league will have their sign-in ignored.

"VOTING RULES"

VOTES DUE: Every Sunday @ 11:59 PM EST

• You MUST vote on AT LEAST 5 matches AND post links in your thread
    • EACH link NOT POSTED will result in a 1 vote DEDUCTION
    • Voting on the Championship and Contender matches is mandatory
    • Champ and Contender links MUST be labeled accordingly
    • Your votes MUST be AT LEAST 2 FULL lines in length per verse in order to be deemed valid (Discretion given on incomplete verses)
    • Failure to vote and/or post LABELED LINKS will result in vote deductions in your battle
    • If your opponent fails to show, you are still accountable for voting on ALL 5 matches as well as posting those links in your match and labeling the CHAMP and CONTENDER respectively!!!
    • Votes posted AFTER DEADLINE will NOT COUNT!!!
    • Voting is open to PARTICIPANTS, RSTL MODERATORS, and PAST CHAMPIONS ONLY!!!
    • PAST CHAMPIONS MUST vote on a MINIMUM of 4 matches in order to be counted as a legitimate voter
    • Editing your vote for any reason must be done within the hour of the original post time. Otherwise, the vote will be null and void.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Any changes must be agreed upon by both participants and cleared by a moderator

MODERATORS ARE LAW OF THE LAND
    test
  2. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

NOTE: NEW VOTING RULES WILL BE ENFORCED!!!

YOU MUST VOTE ON AT LEAST 5 MATCHES AND POST LINKS IN YOUR THREAD

CHAMP AND CONTENDER LINKS MUST BE LABELED ACCORDINGLY

FAILURE TO VOTE AND/OR POST LABELED LINKS WILL RESULT IN VOTE DEDUCTIONS IN YOUR BATTLE

IF YOUR OPPONENT FAILS TO SHOW, YOU ARE STILL ACCOUNTABLE FOR VOTING ON ALL 5 MATCHES AS WELL AS POSTING THOSE LINKS IN YOUR MATCH AND LABELING THE CHAMP AND CONTENDER RESPECTIVELY!!!
    test
  3. Pent uP

Pent uP I'd Like to Fight Ten Men

I dont have time to vote, even though i did read verses

i was gonna vote for 3pa, Megg, Rime, and Metasin

but once again i dont have time

i did the math and it wont really affect my outcome so yeah

BBQ Tri-Tip > Voting
    test
  4. Vern Acular

Vern Acular 12x RSTL Champ

i used to think my mood would sink
    and well...life was so fast
    i refused to blink, consuming drinks
    it helped me fight through the lapse
    in time that would past it's like i would ask god to be sparing
    even though i spent my life full throttle and daring
    i never thought of my parents you see i lost em in paris
    i solemly swear it they left me in a coffin embarrassed
    the cops were aware this suicide would soon divide and ruin lives
    but between you and i honestly feel i'm loosing time
    who am I to be choosing sides i've arrived to the same killing
    see this is actually a no show verse for pent up and insane villian
    so if i aint winning, forget it yep...it's a bet
    there's no worries cause pent up has a verse that he really hasn't written yet
    and as for IV, it's likely that he didn't mark his calander
    or he's waiting to see if we wouldn't post so he could be another...

SCAVANGER
    test
  5. ConstantFlows

ConstantFlows New Member

Love The Musician
    [​IMG]

We're gonna love the musician, and maybe the music
    Not love the text, no matter how shaky the truth is
    We`re gonna love the musician, praising his new disc
    Not the message, even if it`s blatantly truthless

Type one, from the high rung of the corporate ladders
    Sports his hag girls loving the whores of that world
    which forces patterns, needing more to gather
    in the morning after for his buzz to course the chatter
    Your titty bent fifty cent rapping candy shop
    or any other handy sucker pushing manly pop
    Bragging on bagging blondes pulling panties off
    Needing people to believe in what the camera shot
    Monogamy prodigies teaching you the secrets
    Banking bucks from skanks and scrubs knowing booty pleases
    No matter what you fathom up you truthfully lust
    Drunk chicks and ones which have that beauty queen spunk
    Preaching that to reach climax when getting laid
    Think life is short and nights have bore you better days
    Reaping in green and skin while records play
    Their target audience obeys, spreading aids

We're gonna stay grinding and bumping for friction
    and show our love to that loving musician
    We`re gonna stay blindly stuck in this system
    Showing our love to that loving musician
    Maybe soon we'll notice the rhythm we nod at
    doesn`t touch hearts till we're switching the contact
    We`re gonna love the musician, give'em a one act
    Forget the words though, just finish the song fat

Type two, with an IQ displayed in his work
    A mean MC, D.T.E. in the shade on the dirt
    Planning jokes and anecdotes of hate on this world
    Flipping rhymes of silly times with his favorite girl
    Halo conserved, blazing the words to relating types
    A fervent rage when words are played on hate and spite
    That got tossed with love lost from melee fights
    That we figure could rekindle on the strangest nights
    He talks promoting thought provoking positivity
    Laying shots on those caught playing possum willingly
    Trying to get minor respect from his misery
    and has to write in black and white just to calm his fidgeting
    Preaching that to reach the facts your head is up
    Think life is well and time will tell the best of puns
    Keeping friends real and then your never punked
    His target audience obeys, spreading love

Love the musician, and maybe the music
    Don`t love the text containing no true bliss
    Love the musician, praising his new disc
    Not the message, even if it`s blatantly truthless

Type Three, someone like me unknown to the masses
    New and fresh; to impress he opens for has been`s
    Or in better words, never were`s and jokes of attractions
    By his slightly high and mighty quota and standards
    The man knows he can only leave half the lot astonished
    He either repeats words or keeps dropping knowledge
    Half will feel his raps are real and cop his hot disc
    Or half will feel he's acting real before opting to cop it
    The gimmick and guise hidden behind his words and speech
    hold no plans while molding fans into a certainty
    Whether purposeless nervous wrecks turn his dream
    or the persons pulled are purposeful is done purposely
    He could want beats that bump making skimpy hoes content
    or beats that got people nodding while he`s thinking over it
    Creative control be making the whole business go its length
    His target audience....isn't chosen yet​
    test
  6. ConstantFlows

ConstantFlows New Member

I cant remember my Pent uP PW right now, i gotta bug jeff for it tonight, word tho -- i'll edit with votes

PS i'm gone for the night
    test
  7. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

vern - well you know this isn't anything because it's a no-show verse...and I think it's a damn shame that you keep on that under achievement couldn't give a fuck anymore mood because this could have been a good battle.

pent - this was a fresh take on a beaten to death concept with a pretty decent flow...obviously you won this with ease, but thats due to the fact that the other two didn't come to the table.

vote = pent.
    test
  8. 3-Planes

3-Planes Cruel... and unusual

Vern Acular

so yeah, this was a no-show verse (which was pretty stupid considering pent stated he had verse written well in time of the deadline)... is this 2 lines of breakdown yet? well flow was decent, chopped up and weird a few instances... there, done.

Pent uP

i like this piece, although there were a couple of instances of iffy wording (that's a certainty)... a well-balanced and to the point topical, which felt fresh after having had to read all these stories... the three examples are valid and a hand-in-glove fit for the message you're trying to convey

vote: Pent uP

self-explanatory
    test
  9. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

Vern - lol @ the piece .. but yes .. you surrendered this one pretty easily .. ah well ..

Pent uP - this was an enjoyable piece and it's a shame you're only in for this week cos I wouldn't mind reading more stuff in future weeks .. the idea was pretty cool and made for an enjoyable topical piece that did have story elements to it .. flow wasn't too bad but some areas were short stumble blocks for me .. all in all however I thought this was a good verse of a good standard and unfortunately has been somewhat of a waste ..

Vote = Insanevillian .. cos his invisible story about an invisible man was just so out there it couldn't even be seen .. dope shit .. so I'll vote for Pent uP ..
    test
  10. Baron Mynd

Baron Mynd Swaggersaurus Rex

Vote - Pent

First verse I've read from dude in a long while, glad to see he hasn't let the rust set in too hard. Kinda disappointed to see Vern and IV just grant him the win like that, but hey - shit happens. Solid showing from pent though, sick picture too...

Get at me to collab: TheWhiteGuySays
    test
  11. DeadKing

DeadKing The Perfect Method

this is obvious

vern - i know this was a no show verse and all but even if this was flexed out and a suitable length, it still would of been lackluster in my opinion, granted its a no show verses, but i dont have much else to base this off of, i just think you let time get the best of you this week, hope to see you around tho

pent up - long time no see old friend, nice verse, your flow was on point, diction was nice, structure top notch, and the story had me locked...... i think this verse is most def overkill, lol, but had they both posted, it would of been a nice match, good drop, and cant wait to see you get some good comp

vote - pent
    test
  12. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

well,

vern - for what its worth i actually liked this little snippet of nonsense that you decided to post, i tried to warn you but i guess you missed it, this could have been classic however i expected IV to no-show from jump, but for you to post this was a big let down, overall the flow was good and the ending was funny but there was no story or nothing to rate here for that matter, just a chuckle

pent up - iffy here, it starts off with a well done chorus followed by a stanza full of easy content which really felt cheap as a reader and expecting much from this, i havent read you often or really cant recall anything from you being that i wasnt in the rstl when you were in your "prime", but this definitely started out cliche and the flow was shaky with bad punctuation, once i reached the second hook i realized that this was definitely your strong point, the fat threw me off though, overall this finished in cliche form, seemed as if it would be an interesting audio over a lupe influenced beat if you had the proper delivery but just by reading and based on story it was a weak tie to the picture in my opinion with a pretty good flow and content but very topical-like with a very uncreative theme, still a good drop but i dont think this would have won had this battle went down

vote - pent, obviously, and for the most part i did like the drop although i sound a bit harsh, but the flow was a bit shaky and i think we can all agree that the content was everything but creative which really lessened the impact, but it was written well i suppose and stayed on the topic you chose with a good hook and definitely read as if you wrote this to a beat in which case it was hard to discern the actual flow that you were going for

good shit
    test
  13. Cereal_Killer

Cereal_Killer no ESCAPE

vern:
    lol nice lil tale dude.. rhythm n multi's all nice especially for a key.. all in all not a bad piece - would have definitely liked to see you man up against pent but ehh it happens nice drop.. Just dont go and run off on us though dude.. pz

pent:
    Real sweet.. vocab top notch with a really fiery structure.. A professional piece of writing within an interesting topical choice.. I'm glad you're back and hope you stick around for awhile.. like i said in verns breakdown i would have def liked to have seen a brutal show down - cause i think this piece deserved it. pz

vote = pent up

complete verse..
    test
  14. MetaSin

MetaSin I Don't Believe In You...

Vote- Pent, for the complete verse. I've never read anything from you, but I liked this... The transition from section to section with the 3 types was dope. I think the vocab was good, and overall this is a strong verse.

Vern... lol. Dope noshow verse... it's funny how you picked a topic to write a noshow verse, or atleast tied it in. Looking forward to reading your verses in the upcoming weeks.
    test
  15. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

Pent uP wins 8-0
    No Votes = 4-(-4)
    test
  16. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

pent up wins in votes, 8-0
    baron's vote is disqualified due to not voting on enough matches
    lucifa's vote is disqualified due to insufficient breakdown
    pent up still wins, 6-0