Without Rick Ross...Hip Hop would be in a state of flux...

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Trey M, Jan 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ace the Prophet

Ace the Prophet A Prophet to the Game

Reasons like this are why you're on my ignore list.

It almost baffles me that you don't realize some of the foundations of hip hop: truth and credibility. Yet you're somehow defending Rick Ross by saying "Yes! He's fake!"

lmao @ the thought of that being a defense.

If Rick Ross was credible my opinion of him would merely be that he's repetitive and just spits the same shit that's been out in the mainstream for years. Nothing truly original over dope beats. Wouldn't turn his songs off but he wouldn't be my first choice to listen to.

But he's not credible. Therefore I could give a fuck
    test
  2. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN proper weaponry

comparing Canibus to Rick Ross is just flat out lame. they're both two totally different artists. bar for bar though, Canibus shits all over Rick Ross, that's not even arguable.

silly ass 2012 niggas runnin' around with skinny jeans on thinkin' they know what they talkin' about. shit corny as fuck.
    test
  3. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

Ace you my dude but You do realize that 99.9% of the rappers that you love..

are actors like ross right?
    test
  4. YogthSothoth

YogthSothoth Cult Leader

I don't mind rappers who lie to me, I just want it to sound good. Hell Hath No Fury is a perfect example.

Rick Ross' credibility is the least of my complaints with dude. He gets all these incredible beats and then just slops nonsense over the top of them. I don't mind talking about selling ki's and pushing crazy rides but you need to find new and interesting ways to SAY that shit.
    test
  5. Ace the Prophet

It's inevitable that once you get to the mainstream you're going to sell out some. Shit, everybody does it.

But I don't fuck with hypocrisy...it's like Pac reppin NYC, Biggie throwin up W's, Canibus endorsin Em...I just can't respect Ross with all the shit he's done.

I'll respect the hustle, but I can't respect him
    test
  6. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

pac was from the east coast originally tho
    test
  7. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

you always say some bullshit like this when you run out of arguments
    test
  8. Ace the Prophet

Yeah, I know. But he became known out in Cali and therefore repped the west coast til he died

Rick Ross just has so much against him that he's lucky the majority of the public doesn't give half a fuck about credibility anymore. If dude was tryna make it in the 90's, or hell, even around like 02 he woulda been eaten alive
    test
  9. Trey M

Trey M \.=.

I know when you look at the forum and see my topics gettin the crowd movin..you think "How he just come back on a Tuesday like that"..

you are scust
    test
  10. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

i have said it before, if rick ross was a decently smart individual, he woulda just said he held the drug game down in prison........boom solved
    test
  11. Trey M

Trey M \.=.

Ross gets co-signs from every major player in the game..he's a very smart man
    test
  12. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

no he doesn't.......but i didn't mean he is not smart in general, just in that situation....you can't really disagree that that would have killed the issue........and no one believes him, its just no one cares cuz he has the right image flow, and he gets insane beats.......
    test
  13. Trey M

Trey M \.=.

lol...who does'nt co-sign Ross??
    test
  14. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

artist wise or industry business people?........I know people in the biz who don't co-sign him, as in they don't buy his story like most don't.......many of them wish to make money though, so they might have loose business with his people, but cosigning him as anything more than an ex co who can put together some decent tracks that are good for money, doesn't happen by the whole industry, let alone most or the majority of it........

50 is an artist who doesn't.......anyone in his camp doesn't either.......but it is what it is, thanks for making a long thread.......****ad this one, move on to another......
    test
  15. Trey M

Trey M \.=.

You know people???...lol fukk outta here interns dont count. P. Diddy, Jay-Z, Nas, Wayne , Drake, Kanye West, Nicki Minaj .....and Dr Dre support dude. All the names I mentioned are at the top of the game. And the countless "B" rappers who he gets love from You hatin epic levels if you think ANYONE needs a co-sign from 50 cent in 2012.....oh and Kanye West :)

You a cac?
    test
  16. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

don't know any interns, but support and co-sign are two different things.......everything you said and everyone you mentioned works with him for financial reasons........i'm saying no one co-signs his story........
    test
  17. Trey M

Trey M \.=.

and that matters ....why????
    test
  18. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

don't know man you tell me
    test
  19. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

I wear skinny jeans cause I rather hear Ross then Canibus? LOL aight