Winter GRB Rd 1: War Machine vs On-UrB

Discussion in 'GRB Archives' started by Cire, Dec 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cire

Cire The Peoples Champion

[​IMG]

- $1000.00 prize money will be donated by NDesigns Screen Printing
    - $800 additional prize money will be divided up into the final round.

GRB - Winter Grand Royal Audio Battle 2006 Rules - First Round
    - First Round Audios are DUE Tuesday Night Dec 19th at 11.59 pm cst. Theme: up to 2-3+ Minutes must be about your opponent(s)
    - You must mention their BOARD name(s). Must be atleast 2 minutes.
    - If audio is not two minutes, you must contest it if you want a DQ.
    - One mp3 File Must Be posted Tuesday Night Dec 19th at 11.59 pm cst.- We will not store any audio files.
    - YOU MUST post using your board name that is registered to the match. Others will be DQ'ed.
    - Voting for Semis will start once all verses are up.
    - Voting links will be posted and votes will be shown.
    - No Comments allowed on battle post until voting links are posted.
    - Can post videos

DO NOT CHECK IN, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES DO NOT CHECK IN
    test
  2. 'OnUrb'

'OnUrb' The Master

test
  3. War Machine

War Machine Sam Antics

test
  4. Janitor

Janitor Guest

test
  5. Ansom

Ansom New Member

On Urb - you have a grimey voice lol.. shit is gravely. beat isn't really my style.. flow is kind of eh.. lyrics are hot in the middle.. the softened dildo.. wow @ the snort line.. damn some of your ideas are hot but sometimes you don't finish them off.. inconsistent, you fluxtuate from really hot to kind of strange.. babies nut.. jesus christ this shit is harder now.. all in all a sick verse, resentment captured.

War Machine - don't like the beat.. flow is all over the place sometimes.. punchlines aren't really there.. I don't know all in all I think I felt Urb's verse a lot more... that's not to say your verse wasn't there.. but everything clicked for Urb, the beat selection, his voice, his steelo.. I just think he kind of came on some bizarre grisly shit.

Vote - Urb
    test
  6. B-LeaVe

B-LeaVe New Member

On-Urb - the intro is nice, dont recognize it tho. Your voice sounds crazy gravely, nice. The punches are tight, but your leveling is a little flat, your breath control is a little off, i hear alot of breaths. rofl @ the f&p's. Alot of your punches seemed stretched, but you got the nameplay off really well. Lotta nice metaphor content too, the beat is tight.

War Machine - the beat is a nice pick, your flow is tight, some points its a little rushed, couple strange pauses, lotta good hits on urb, lol, not a whole lotta quotable lines tho, you two are hard to compare cuz he came with alotta horrorcore punches.

Vote - on-Urb, he just brought the whole package overall..
    test
  7. Hibernation

Hibernation Well-Known Member

Urbs voice makes my cock shrivel up like a young japanese girl

He makes Dr. Dre sound like Cleveland from Family Guy
    test
  8. DVIZ

DVIZ New Member

On Urb- The beat and flow, and even rhyme skeme were original. Quality wasn't bad. A lot of nice punches, some killer. All in all it was a decnt track.

War Machine- You start of sharp, but you either use too many syllables, or you need to flip em quicker. In my opinion. I like the punches. You sound like a young Celph Titled(DemiGodz).

Overall this Urb battle stuck out more. Overall a killer type of track.
    Vote- OnUrb
    test
  9. 'OnUrb'

'OnUrb' The Master

Appreciate the Feed...Good looks ima be Votin on as many battles as i can get to before my Gurl comes through...

LMAO @ Hibe..had me ROFL

Def Props to WarMachine...
    test
  10. Noodles

Noodles The People's Champion

didnt expect anything from a man names ON-URB
    test
  11. War Machine

War Machine Sam Antics

lol...nice revenge vote showtyme...wat was that? 3 seconds after i voted on ur battle...nice to see u had enough time to hear 1 second of each our verses then make ur judgement
    test
  12. 'OnUrb'

'OnUrb' The Master

Uppin...ima vote on the rest tommorow..im DOne
    test
  13. Worthiest Words

Worthiest Words New Member

ight lets check this out

one urb- damn you sound like a grimey dude. lol, quality could be better, but don't worry. some nice lines, can't fault youre flow and delivery. Mad war/army/ navy lines though, you playing with his name/concept a little to much LOL. This was a good solid 1st round drop..

war - you got some nice lines dude, could ride the beat a little better nothing serious though. content wise youre bringing it. It gets better as you go along, good drop man.

ok i think content wise you were both equal even though urb spits a longer verse which helps. Delivery and flow wise i think Urb sounds more polished than war, that's what really edged it for me. hmm i think i'll have to go and Vote Urb.

good battle
    test
  14. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

jesus christ @ urbs delivery........you just made a grown ass man cry....no homo.... : (

that style and scheeme is fucking crazy .....i liked that bush line ....lol...

Warmachine.....flow kinda fell off a few times when you spitting fast....couple nice lines in there...but it was kinda hard to decypher sometimes....that money on urb line was nice.....

cool battle right here.....i gotta go with urb though, just much more polished up for the battle.....i couldn't decypher everything warmachine said probably cause of the overdubs......keep working on that style though shits pretty dope, just gotta get the quick parts down better...
    test
  15. nawshus

nawshus STAMPEDE!

both had some pretty dope lines, everyones came sick and shit. i think war machine used mad rhyme multi's, and it almost sounded like you had to go fast to get every single one of them in there. regardless yall had nice shit, i think urb'ed edged it out with his grimey delivery and just a little more doper lines. but it's hard to notice sometimes on superslow beats, how dope they are you know, so onurb i would use something different if you make it to next round. all in all dope battle both of you.

vote - OnUrb
    test
  16. nawshus

nawshus STAMPEDE!

but like a dumbass i forgot to pick the right slot before voting. i'm an idiot, you're all welcome to clown me for such a thing. my bad yo.
    test
  17. Elementasterous

Elementasterous New Member

War machine you suck.
    test
  18. 'OnUrb'

'OnUrb' The Master

Oh good looks on the feed and shit...appreciated..
    JEFF is there a way to FIX Mistaken Votes? lmao..Nawshus Fucked up
    all gravy nawshus...dont sweat it..ill talk to Jeff and see whats good..Shouldnt matter much

That would have me @ 10-1 OnUrB Adil Omar aint drop feed...all good...UPPP
    test
  19. Skrybe SK

Skrybe SK Guest

is this the same war machine that had the utter fucking audacity to run off at the mouth about kicking my ass?

HA!
    test
  20. Skrybe SK

Skrybe SK Guest

this battle is honestly a toss-up for me...I cant call it.

But imma vote war machine because hes gonna lose anyway and I wanna mock his corny ass for poppin shit.

v warmachine...lmao
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.