Winter GRB Rd 1: Sh0wtym3 vs World Renowned

Discussion in 'GRB Archives' started by Cire, Dec 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cire

Cire The Peoples Champion

[​IMG]

- $1000.00 prize money will be donated by NDesigns Screen Printing
    - $800 additional prize money will be divided up into the final round.

GRB - Winter Grand Royal Audio Battle 2006 Rules - First Round
    - First Round Audios are DUE Tuesday Night Dec 19th at 11.59 pm cst. Theme: up to 2-3+ Minutes must be about your opponent(s)
    - You must mention their BOARD name(s). Must be atleast 2 minutes.
    - If audio is not two minutes, you must contest it if you want a DQ.
    - One mp3 File Must Be posted Tuesday Night Dec 19th at 11.59 pm cst.- We will not store any audio files.
    - YOU MUST post using your board name that is registered to the match. Others will be DQ'ed.
    - Voting for Semis will start once all verses are up.
    - Voting links will be posted and votes will be shown.
    - No Comments allowed on battle post until voting links are posted.
    - Can post videos

DO NOT CHECK IN, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES DO NOT CHECK IN
    test
  2. Worthiest Words

Worthiest Words New Member

test
  3. Sh0wtym3

Sh0wtym3 CuBa RiCaN

test
  4. Janitor

Janitor Guest

test
  5. Taiyamo Denku

Taiyamo Denku W.A.S.T.E.L.A.N.D.S.

World - You usually always come nice and this wasn't any different, Loved how you attacked this guy, hard lines, here and there , good flow and delivery , beats complimented you pretty well. hard attacks good ish overall..

Show - hmmmm he didn;t even show yet though he posted some ish but I guess not...

anyway will be back to lay a vote when he drops

but drop a honest vote on my battle if you get time would be appreciate d

http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=1025197
    test
  6. Worthiest Words

test
  7. B-LeaVe

B-LeaVe New Member

World - Not a bad start, the Jerry Maguire clip was a little cliche for a tourney with a cash prize. Your beat selection is nice, epic feel to it. The flow aint bad, accents always hit me weird, but hey, im american whatcha expect lol. The punches are coming smoothe, and consistantly. Very nice battle track.

Show Tyme - haha ima have to come back to check ur shit. Your link brings me back here.
    test
  8. Sh0wtym3

Sh0wtym3 CuBa RiCaN

test
  9. Sh0wtym3

Sh0wtym3 CuBa RiCaN

test
  10. TunK

TunK Active Member

wow both of yall came hot, i think world might have took it though.....ima come back and listen again when i sober up then vote.
    test
  11. War Machine

War Machine Sam Antics

close battle. reknowned had more lines, overall more content, but lacked in delivery/polished-ness where showtyme had more of. i really couldnt stand reknowned accent though.. saying tup for top .. no mat-tur an shit like that...something about trying to rap an sound grimey, but speaking proper with and accent just doesnt mix. iuno, i was rockin wit the verse til that shit started to throw me off. showtyme was alot more polished flow/delivery/clarity-wise, but lacked content. the lines were rarer, the verse was shorter, and a hook was in the battle to take up some space. there was good points on both sides though, which the other contestant lacked in, which makes the battle very hard to judge. after listening to it a few times, im gunna say reknown edged it. i really cant say showtyme took it with that lil of a verse with the lack of lines. overall his style was more polished, but it jus didnt really get at reknown enough.
    test
  12. 'OnUrb'

'OnUrb' The Master

iight...
    Show...Never felt chorus's in battles..But that wasnt bad...was funny..
    Some nice lines...Didnt think u were to On point..or DIRECT...thought u coulda came harder...More direct at him..and consistantly...some fillers..
    not bad though this was a good match up

World..
    Sounded more polished to me...Even with the accent..
    Some lines were funny...Couple harder hittin punches...This was fuckin close.
    After a few listenes..i think show coulda road it out...but world had more content wit the beat change in there...
    Showtyme think u cut it off to short to hang here...

Vote World
    test
  13. Sh0wtym3

Sh0wtym3 CuBa RiCaN

Why does the length of my track matter... it met the 2 minute mark. This should be judged on who came harder not who rapped the longest.

N its hard to be "direct" or "get at" someone when you dont know the kid. No pics no bio no myspace no nothin. Just a screenname and a handful of mp3s.

But anyways I wont be a sore loser

gj Renown gl next round
    test
  14. Worthiest Words

thanks for the votes so far, i gotta peep some more battles
    test
  15. World - man i LOVE this beat..flow is pretty dope.. sound a lil shaky but im hearin some dope lines..pretty sick.. impressive..

Showtyme - you need to edit your top link before cats dont pay attention to you showin and just vote for world.. flow is nice on this though.. beat is iight..not hearin anything stand out really.. gets better after a minute.. chorus part was not needed.. cool verse tho..

Vote - World
    test
  16. Sh0wtym3

Sh0wtym3 CuBa RiCaN

test
  17. nawshus

nawshus STAMPEDE!

showtime, this is a pretty solid audio.. great quality etc. but i think you're confused about how these things usually go, unless you were just trying to be different. usually just a verse clowning your opponent. you took the song approach, and i feel you should've came harder if you werent going to have too long of a verse dissing world. you know atleast be consistant with dope lines. some of it was nice, some of it was eh. world i think you came nice with the lines, some you couldve done without. like "take you to school/yellow bus" or "reflection/in the finals" those were wack. but other than that you said some pretty dope shit and i feel off delivery and flow both of you came to battle. as far as hard hittin lines, world got this one.

vote-world.
    test
  18. .SZR

.SZR Emcee/Producer

holy fuck, world reknowned, i was expecting an overdone UK accent but this is fucking hot.

lol @ reflection line

aint showtime like a broken clock.

verse is killer.

beat switch kicks in well, i love horns.

showtime - your ish was more braggadoccio then battle. beat was hot, everything was fucking hot, especially the fuck you adlib, but I wasnt feelin it as much on the battle tip as WR's.

vote -world reknowned.
    test
  19. enef

enef voting against DZK in every round.

good battle right here

slept on like mad crazy

world, you fresh man.

show, you came dope too. shit was hard to choose, but i went with world

good shit guys, great listen
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.