Winter GRB Rd 1: Ribo Nuke vs Odd Job

Discussion in 'GRB Archives' started by Cire, Dec 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cire

Cire The Peoples Champion

[​IMG]

- $1000.00 prize money will be donated by NDesigns Screen Printing
    - $800 additional prize money will be divided up into the final round.

GRB - Winter Grand Royal Audio Battle 2006 Rules - First Round
    - First Round Audios are DUE Tuesday Night Dec 19th at 11.59 pm cst. Theme: up to 2-3+ Minutes must be about your opponent(s)
    - You must mention their BOARD name(s). Must be atleast 2 minutes.
    - If audio is not two minutes, you must contest it if you want a DQ.
    - One mp3 File Must Be posted Tuesday Night Dec 19th at 11.59 pm cst.- We will not store any audio files.
    - YOU MUST post using your board name that is registered to the match. Others will be DQ'ed.
    - Voting for Semis will start once all verses are up.
    - Voting links will be posted and votes will be shown.
    - No Comments allowed on battle post until voting links are posted.
    - Can post videos

DO NOT CHECK IN, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES DO NOT CHECK IN
    test
  2. Ribo Nuke

Ribo Nuke Audiodidact

test
  3. Odd Job

Odd Job didnt kno it was ur bitch

test
  4. Cire

Cire The Peoples Champion

test
  5. enef

enef voting against DZK in every round.

vote - ribo

he actually had punchlines that were funny.
    test
  6. B-LeaVe

B-LeaVe New Member

Odd Job - the intro on the beat is .. crazy, lol, nice keys. Quality is fantastic, so is the flow. alot of the mutlies your usin are nice, the black market punch was nice. Clay Aiken punch was coooooold lol, although ur verse ended before the 2 minute mark, the track was still nice, with alotta emotion and really nice presence.

Ribo - Intro is creepy, goonie bashin lol, your levels sound REALLY low, but the quality on your vocals is nice, your flow is decent, you sound like your forcing some things, yer punches were kinda played, or just flat, but the track was overall alright at best, but a good contention.

Overall the battle was pretty equal with Odd comin up short and Ribo bein a little off in the leveing.

Vote - Odd Job
    test
  7. Ansom

Ansom New Member

Ribo - damn started out awful.. damn lyrics got better really quick.. quality was terrible.. voice would've sounded better with quality.. but I don't vote based on quality.. this shit was nice.. beat was a little low.. but shit was nice

Oddjob - Quality is good.. flow is hard.. disses were few and far between, but once it got good.. your flow was unstoppable.. lol

lyrically ribo I think got him.

Yet flow wise and emotion wise Oddjob had it. It was closer lyrically than it was delivery wise... so I think I'm going with Odd Job.
    test
  8. Chris Vetrano

Chris Vetrano CV

ribo - dope punches, flow was shaky at times, but over you had a good track

odd job - you had nice flow but you didn't reall y have any good punchline.

vote - ribo
    test
  9. Ribo - goonies beat.. flow is iight. but damn. lines everywhere..lol.. lmfao@ snortin lines the size of the oregon trail.. man.. if this had alot more energy in it you would be killin it.. but this is nice.. man. line after line. some of these are raw as shit to...ill verse..

Odd job - love the beat..you still got the flow.... heard some lines here and there.. gets more into it after a minute..good shit..

man ribo took this shit..
    test
  10. mechs

mechs New Member

i was real upset at the last thread i checked, so i hope this is betta...
    i feal like that english dude on amercas got talent

aight...ribo ... beat is aight... hard shit ... well...it was a pretty good battle track...you stay consistent wit the punches...dont really like ur pronunciation, but u can't change that...more conviction and feeling would of done this justice...saw the flow fall off a bit, but overall it was pretty descent...but not hard to beat...lets see what this guys got...

odd job - like the beat alot better than the otha cat...from the jump, the delivery is sharper...had a few hard punches...hmmmm...

this is tough...cuz i dont wanna give it to odd job just for his better mic presents

im gonna have to give it to Ribo due to better lyrics...if this was a face to face odd job would of taken it...good luck to both...

vote - ribo
    test
  11. EmceeGoddess

EmceeGoddess Disgruntled Man

while you snort cane, ill pull you off the stage with one. thats fuckin dope. ive always wanted to see a dope textcee w/ lines enter one of these. ribo, better beat next round and better delivery and u can win this.
    test
  12. EmceeGoddess

lmao vulcan death grip. 'never gonna find this nuke on a black market' sick ass line oj, did dzk right that? sick verse oj dope flow. some lines but maaad filler tho. i guess thats the drawback to having that flow?
    test
  13. Odd Job

emceegoddess, im willin to bet $100 you didnt even listen to my track. you hate me man, so does enef. enefs been cussing at me since I came back to this site and havent said one word to him. first one to vote agaisnt me and drop no comment. I dont want to argue and I wont, can we just leave all the hate out of this thread please?

I havent heard ribos verse and probably wont, but who ever wins will win.

I dont have a problem with any of you...Just came back to rap man....

pzzz.
    test
  14. Odd Job

Lol @ did DZK write that? thanks for complimenting the line and insulting me all in one. appreciate it...lol....

i got no probs with you goddess, never have, never will....
    test
  15. EmceeGoddess

wtf, how did i not listen to your shit but call a line from the middle of it? a lucky guess? of course i listened to your shit, u had a dope audio, but lots of filler lines. nuke had great setups for everything and while u certainly rapped your shit better, his shit wasnt rapped so bad that i was put off by it. i think he got you honestly.

you can send me $100 thru stars if you want otherwise pay pal is fine. wtf @ hate you, i dont hate you hahah, i havent had a problem with you since like, idk, a year ago when we both used to argue all the time? i have no hard feelings homie, i think u put up a good audio and i think it sucks that u went against another good cat in rd 1 because one of you has to lose.

u should peep ribos verse he says some hilarious shit.
    test
  16. Huey Fig Newton

Huey Fig Newton Rebel-He-Is

Odd...EG isn't even in the tourney. don't trip.
    test
  17. nawshus

nawshus STAMPEDE!

Ribo kind of reminds me of thesaurus. anyway i think Ribo won this because i was feeling his lines more than OJ's. OJ's flow was more solid than Ribo's but i think as far as lines, Ribo took it. and on top of that his flow was pretty decent.
    test
  18. DVIZ

DVIZ New Member

Ribo- Beat has a battle potential, but I didn't hear you fittin to it well throughout most. You voice isn't cuttin it this track, but lyrically, I think you have more punches.

OJ- Quality is nice, and you have a nice flow, and good mixing skills. Punches we're there, but not as hard as Ribo.

In the end I think OJ took it, for the fact that it stuck out more as a song.

Winner- Odd Job
    test
  19. SALVDOR

SALVDOR Delyreeuz Owns Me

peepin ribo

ight

intro is kinda creepy i must say lol

first off... mix is off.... its pan is towards the left.... quality isn't that great..... beat is weird....some of the punches ain't that felt.... the delivery u usin.. just isn't captavatin'... and your tone.. neva changes... so it hurts how some lines are put out.... a lot of punches... a lot of filler.. some are straight... nothin stickin out to me as i type.. to quote

overall decent ish.. quality really is bummy tho

odd job

interestin beat.... quality is good... vocalz are a tad loud.... flow is solid tho.... delivery is solid.... your flow/delivery sounds really eminemish.. itsbeen year's since i've heard u.. so i dont know..... lyrikz are good.... again im typin as i listen.. so im not really focusin on quote'n shit.... u comin off stronger than the other kid tho...

but.. as line's go.. the ribo kid had more

so its a toss up for me

one had a better flow/delivery

the other had a lot more lines

so i'll give another listen later.. i got time to vote

- undecided
    test
  20. kingauthor

kingauthor Active Member

both of yall were pretty much even but odd job is more polished and sounds better. Ribo u were mad funny though if u had that delivery tight you'd be deadly but i got to give this to odd job
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.