Winter GRB Rd 1: Psicobabble vs P-nut

Discussion in 'GRB Archives' started by Cire, Dec 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cire

Cire The Peoples Champion

[​IMG]

- $1000.00 prize money will be donated by NDesigns Screen Printing
    - $800 additional prize money will be divided up into the final round.

GRB - Winter Grand Royal Audio Battle 2006 Rules - First Round
    - First Round Audios are DUE Tuesday Night Dec 19th at 11.59 pm cst. Theme: up to 2-3+ Minutes must be about your opponent(s)
    - You must mention their BOARD name(s). Must be atleast 2 minutes.
    - If audio is not two minutes, you must contest it if you want a DQ.
    - One mp3 File Must Be posted Tuesday Night Dec 19th at 11.59 pm cst.- We will not store any audio files.
    - YOU MUST post using your board name that is registered to the match. Others will be DQ'ed.
    - Voting for Semis will start once all verses are up.
    - Voting links will be posted and votes will be shown.
    - No Comments allowed on battle post until voting links are posted.
    - Can post videos

DO NOT CHECK IN, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES DO NOT CHECK IN
    test
  2. Psicobabble

Psicobabble Rebellious Rhetoric

test
  3. Ayem

Ayem I Heart Myself

test
  4. Janitor

Janitor Guest

test
  5. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

I voted Psicobabble...

But i'll be honest, i felt both yall danced around each other a bit.......Psi's seemed like a freeverse for most the verse with a few pnut disses in there.....as well as P nuts...shit was kinda random there for a while....

But i just felt Psi's shit better overall.....
    test
  6. Tha Jugganaut

Tha Jugganaut HAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Long reply short

psicobabbles verse sounded like everything hes ever done on a song p-nut barely makes any sense and his schemes are so forced but psi is alot rawer i'd go with psi
    test
  7. kingauthor

kingauthor Active Member

Yeah i agree with Oursin this battle wasnt very direct but Psi seemed more vicious.

v psicobabble
    test
  8. 'OnUrb'

'OnUrb' The Master

iight listened to both...
    P Nut...Think u shoulda worked more on ya punches..Flow delivery...lines wordplay all pretty good..but to focused on the sound of the word or something...without havin much Content there...EDIT on tha majority of ya bars...Some had some real nice wordplay...just wasnt sayin much though...Just some feed
    I got Psi edgin this one out..harder hittin shit..Sick intro..good flow delivery...Word play at the start was nice..wit Content to back it up..
    Vote Psi
    test
  9. psi - pretty dope.. yeah seemed more like a freeverse .. heard a few nice disses.. dope though..

pnut - pretty dope as well.. nothing really stood out.. coo verse..

wasent really a good battle.... more like just 2 random verses...

i digged psi's more though..

Vote - Psicobabble
    test
  10. War Machine

War Machine Sam Antics

i saw a bunch of heads flippin over p nuts verse, and i was happy.. i was expecting some crazy shit...and a close battle...i listened to his first..an im like, ok, homeboy was rockin.. then i turned on psis shit, and i jus dropped my head and said a prayer for pnut lol psi had rediculous delivery, rhyme skeme, a word play. i was rockin to pnuts verse, it had a lot of dope lines and some clever multi placment and rhyme skeme, but overall, it lacked the delivery and "i will eat your children" effect that babble hit with. the impact of that shit just won me over.
    test
  11. Taiyamo Denku

Taiyamo Denku W.A.S.T.E.L.A.N.D.S.

Psi - wow delivery and flow is very on point, breath control is not too good, but lyrics are dope as fuck on this , probably one of the best verseas I heard this round 1 But your delivery is so polished that is makes your lines impact more especially with your aggressiveness... Dope ish ...

P - Nut - flow is on point and delivery is nice on this too kinda laid back... , Lyrics are cool, past the first 45 seconds I havn't heard any real hard punches though, but then you pick up with more lines torwards the middle and end, cool battle verse though you came nice on this...

Overall - this is a pretty good battle both came with some nice ish , took P Nut a minute to get going, with his hits, Hard to actually vote on this .... , two way different styles on this , I honestly think this could go either way it depends on the preference of what style you like more, cause Psi had lines and lyrics different type of ish , and P-Nut came with straight forward disses and a few creative punches here and there although took P nut at least 30-45 seconds to start throwwing hard hitting punches, where Psi came out the gate with some agressive strikes... Hmmmm I am baffled, so I will leave this and vote on it when you guys need more votes to be the deciding factor cause right now I just can't decide got to listen some more...

check my battle with Verbz and drop a honest vote if you could

http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=1025197
    test
  12. Atom React

Atom React aka JAYO

i expected better from psi after all i was seeing in the hookups threads.. i mean his delivery is sick, i cant front on that, his lines came in here an there but it wasnt always directed, at least not punchline wise, i liked some his disses, he came raw most definately, id like to hear him come more laid back and just clown someone

pnut came pretty good to, i dunno i think this is close personally, pnut started comin harder toward the end and tearin it up in my eyes, i liked the style he brought, flow is tight to, woo yeah i dunno man this is either way

this first rd i think has a lot of closely matched up battles, wish i was in and could officially vote
    test
  13. Bless God

Bless God this fuckin guy

is psicobabble battling on this? raw beat and rhyming.. good battle on both sides..
    test
  14. comPleXNY

comPleXNY Illest Alive

lol @ p nut puttin me in his battle! feel so special <
    test
  15. comPleXNY

comPleXNY Illest Alive

wow yo just peepd psicobabble's shyt i love the beat and his style he comming real raw both came sick as hell though i dont know its a hard vote but i think psicobabble came a lil better!... really hard to judge but he just sounded a lil more aggressive and wanted it more... but overall both came sick i like both ya shyt may the best man win! and peep my battle out too if yall get the chance good luck to both

peace

complexizzle
    test
  16. medevil

medevil i dont "rap"

100% how i felt

and i actually like p-nut's battle but yea

vote-psi
    test
  17. enef

enef voting against DZK in every round.

i couldnt understand a fuckin thing psico said

all that yelling wasnt necessary hahaa

i likeed p-nut

good shit guys
    test
  18. Sh0wtym3

Sh0wtym3 CuBa RiCaN

Psi.. Nigga you came in swingin like Ali and kept the heat til the last second. Whateva u smokin lemme hit that shit

P-Nut... You sounded like u were reading. N none of the punches really impressed me, maybe from the lack of emotion u put into the track

Vote= Psi
    test
  19. Pace Beats

Pace Beats Doesn't Feed The Trolls

shit i liked both.. i think pnut came dope and same with Psi

dope battle
    test
  20. DVIZ

DVIZ New Member

P Nut, you came with a sick track, good battle, nice punches, but Psi just made an all around sick track. I felt it more start to finish. You had parts where my interests tapered of for a sec. Mos def, this was very close.

Vote- Psi
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.