Winter GRB Rd 1: Orange407County vs medevil

Discussion in 'GRB Archives' started by Cire, Dec 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cire

Cire The Peoples Champion

[​IMG]

- $1000.00 prize money will be donated by NDesigns Screen Printing
    - $800 additional prize money will be divided up into the final round.

GRB - Winter Grand Royal Audio Battle 2006 Rules - First Round
    - First Round Audios are DUE Tuesday Night Dec 19th at 11.59 pm cst. Theme: up to 2-3+ Minutes must be about your opponent(s)
    - You must mention their BOARD name(s). Must be atleast 2 minutes.
    - If audio is not two minutes, you must contest it if you want a DQ.
    - One mp3 File Must Be posted Tuesday Night Dec 19th at 11.59 pm cst.- We will not store any audio files.
    - YOU MUST post using your board name that is registered to the match. Others will be DQ'ed.
    - Voting for Semis will start once all verses are up.
    - Voting links will be posted and votes will be shown.
    - No Comments allowed on battle post until voting links are posted.
    - Can post videos

DO NOT CHECK IN, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES DO NOT CHECK IN
    test
  2. Orange407County

Orange407County Well-Known Member

test
  3. medevil

medevil i dont "rap"

test
  4. Cire

Cire The Peoples Champion

test
  5. Sever

Sever Sever that Leash

okay, my bad Ansom already voted on this battle.. I thought medevil one.. but he voted for orange.. sorry guys

Orange - Beat is hype.. flow is really robotic.. kind of barrel through it.. lyrics are somewhat impressive.. but nothing really spectacular.. it seems like you're not really dissing this dude that personally.. but you probably don't really know the dude that well.. I don't know this was respectable.. but you know I'm big on personals and shit.. this was good..

Medevil - Voice is deadly.. flow is very accomplished.. kind of hot.. damn start to rip it up half way through.. beat compliments you.. heh, kind of tore it up.. had enough personals on him to take him..

vote - medevil, just came across more aggressive and lyrical.
    test
  6. enef

enef voting against DZK in every round.

i just went with medevil cause i was feelin the wrythm and flow just a lil bit more, punches were pretty even, but med also edged that out as well

good shit guys

i dont quote or anythiung like that so dont expect it =\
    test
  7. I am NU70

I am NU70 GRB Winter 2006

I'm in this tourny since Stash gave his spot to me. hopefully I should can vote since I'm a participant now. anywho...

----------------------------
    Orange407County-
    Nice beat selection, I believe it helped keep the hype of the diss elevated. But on to what truely matters...the verse. The flow could use some smoothening out, but the emotion was tight. I feel that you have confidence in what your saying, unfortunately I didn't hear many spectular lines. In a tourny like this I wasn't especting many personals so early on, but the verse seemed way to generalized, as though you just plugged his name in where needed. I would have liked to hear more lines directed to him personally. Overall you brought a good verse and great energy for the 1st round.

medevil-
    Let me say that I liked the swagger on this track. Now this was very personal and it kept me listening all the way through. Now my next critique can come across positive or negative depending on how you take it, but your flow on this track sounds like 89.3% of the rappers i'm listening to on this site. hope to see more versatility later on; however, You had some good lines that were sure to leave a sting or two. Very laid back and confident on this track as though you already knew the outcome...goodwork.

My conclusion is that after listening to these tracks about 2 or 3 times, Medevil proved to be the victor. Although he came with a more laid back approached...he came more personal (even if it was just by flipping Orange's name). Good job from both, and it was hard to choose.

vote-medevil
    test
  8. B-LeaVe

B-LeaVe New Member

Orange County - im feelin the hype beat, but your vocals sound really dead, u mightve mixed them in a bit low. the punches are good, could use a little elevation. You didn't connect with a whole lot of name punches/wordplay. But props to you for hittin the flow on this beat, i couldn't do this beat for the life of me. Overall, the punches were kind of generic, the gun threats, etc, too much like some radiowaves diss by 50 cent. Flow was incredible tho.

Medevil - Nice beat selection, quality is good, flow is incredible. Pronounciation is fantastic. The punches are in depth, and complex, a big plus. Lol @ the deputy line. Your multies match up perfectly, the outro is wild, funny as hell.

Vote - Medevil, feelin the flow and presence alot more.
    test
  9. Chris Vetrano

Chris Vetrano CV

Orange407County had worse qaulity but i was really feelin his rhymes more so thats why i voted 4 him.
    test
  10. medevil

medevil i dont "rap"

i like that

comments like that keep me on my toes for rounds to come

keep the feedback comin
    test
  11. medevil

medevil i dont "rap"

oh god another gay voting issue

watch this bite me in the dick
    test
  12. This was pretty dope...

Orange - killed it with the beat. flow was nice.. heard a few lines here and that that were ill.. others were iight.. sounda sorta like a typical battle verse you would hear in the street, some look at the crowd type spittin. not knockin it though this was solid. good shit.

medevil - always love hearin this beat. flow is furious. for some reason i dont remember you soundin like this, its been a minute. some nice lines though, delivery was strong.. ya did ya thang as usual, ill shit.

i feel medevil edged this, orange did his thing tho.

lmao@ the Orange county shit at the end tho med..
    test
  13. kingauthor

kingauthor Active Member

medevil just sounded more polished and sounded like he wanted to embarass someone. Orange good beat choice ,good emotion but i think u got beat by someone who is more experienced at battling.

v medevil
    test
  14. .SZR

.SZR Emcee/Producer

medevil - flow is great, quality is also good, I'd like to know how you eq'd this ? on a relevant note, your verse is full of punches and your voice is dope. hahahaha @ your outro, thats fuckin hilarious

oc - listenin, yeah beat is sick like all the other cats said. your punches are direct as fuck, i like them. this is good, you are obviously a good songmaker, you should keep at it bruz, but I think medevil just edged this shit out.

i'd love to get down on a track with you OC, in the future sometime if you're intrested.

peace
    test
  15. Bless God

Bless God this fuckin guy

lmao orangecounty dude was blah, medevil didn't have to do too much but still managed to merk this kid..

vote - med, easy..
    test
  16. TraGiC

TraGiC Recognize Real

medevil is a nasty nancy boy

wow
    test
  17. Und3rw0rlD

Und3rw0rlD two blunts and a mic

lol @ medevils outro orange county 407 is orlando... dope shit im leanin towards medevil right now but imma peep again later...
    test
  18. i peeped both verses twice

i think niggas is takin it a lil too far.. the battle was kinda close, but still O.J lacked a lot

his punches weren't direct. it was as if he was just talkin to anybody, and he was ramblin on about some bullshit

calling a nigga a snitch and all that shit don't hit as hard on here cuz it's not like u actually know them niggas

yea tho, imma have to go with medevil

i feel he got this 1, not easily tho but by a hair
    test
  19. 5 Starre

5 Starre Big Jaw Entertainemnt

decent battle - Medevil brought more to the table lyrically n Orange dawg you sounded like you were forcin it. good shoot tho

v/ Medevil
    test
  20. PurleeDef™

PurleeDef™ New Member

O.C. had a better delivery but Medevil kinda got him with lyrics and flow. This was close, but Med by a shred. No pun intended
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.