Winter GRB Rd 1: Mid-Nite vs Ex-Kal

Discussion in 'GRB Archives' started by Cire, Dec 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cire

Cire The Peoples Champion

[​IMG]

- $1000.00 prize money will be donated by NDesigns Screen Printing
    - $800 additional prize money will be divided up into the final round.

GRB - Winter Grand Royal Audio Battle 2006 Rules - First Round
    - First Round Audios are DUE Tuesday Night Dec 19th at 11.59 pm cst. Theme: up to 2-3+ Minutes must be about your opponent(s)
    - You must mention their BOARD name(s). Must be atleast 2 minutes.
    - If audio is not two minutes, you must contest it if you want a DQ.
    - One mp3 File Must Be posted Tuesday Night Dec 19th at 11.59 pm cst.- We will not store any audio files.
    - YOU MUST post using your board name that is registered to the match. Others will be DQ'ed.
    - Voting for Semis will start once all verses are up.
    - Voting links will be posted and votes will be shown.
    - No Comments allowed on battle post until voting links are posted.
    - Can post videos

DO NOT CHECK IN, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES DO NOT CHECK IN
    test
  2. Ex-Kal

Ex-Kal I will cut You

test
  3. Mid-Nite

Mid-Nite Jerry the HuMan

test
  4. Cire

Cire The Peoples Champion

test
  5. enef

enef voting against DZK in every round.

dog mid nite are you dieing.

wtf

i couldnt understand a thing u were saying cause of your accent or apparent down syndrome.

kal, you did good man, good shit

vote - kal
    test
  6. B-LeaVe

B-LeaVe New Member

Kal - the flow is nice, beat choice is a little weird but ur flowin it nice, the marky mark punch was funny, punk rocker hit was nice, flow is great, the name plays are nice, after the gamblers line there was a weird pause, but your pickin it back up, cdr burn line has been used, but you delivered it nice, mid-nite club line woulda been a great finisher, K.O shit, overall a great battle.

Mid-nite - Your vocals have nice quality, but your flow isnt that great, accent based problems, your punches are really simple, and your not pronouncing very well on the end of the lines, the beat is a little light, the nicolas cage line is a little used, but you forgot "60 seconds" and said "a minute".

Overall, this was kinda lop-sided.

Vote - Kal
    test
  7. Kal - hate this beat, well snoop over it anyway... you flowin to this proper though...some iight lines here and there.. some stood out more than others...midnite club shit was nice..good ending.. god shit homie..

Mid-Nite - you a textcee?? beat is low.. not a battle beat.. flow is so so.. sound like you just talkin.. accent is ill.. but it just sounds like you cant work with it pronunciation wise.. not really feelin this... heard few lines here and there.. it was iight though..

Vote - Kal
    test
  8. Ansom

Ansom New Member

Ex Kal - Beat lol.. I don't really understand this choice but it wasn't that bad. Marky Mark, blue screen.. small hill.. gambler line was pretty -. CPR = okay.. sunday night dead line was hot.. planting tree was pretty weak. Passion line was played. Some very hot lines, some lukewarm ones, and just about one bad one. goodverse

Midnight - lol man.. I had to concentrate really hard to hear you.. Damn this shit was gully.. it wasn't really ass personal.. lol your voice is fucking grimey, kind of ill.. that aside though your shit was just too hard to understand. If it's consolation I'd really be interested to hear you on some other type of concept shit.. I don't think battling is your thing.. you have a voice that would serve you well on some other shit

it was obvious which one would go farther in the tourney and who had the better overall battle verse.

Vote Kal
    test
  9. Ansom

Ansom New Member

WTF.. yo I tried to login to vote and the shit voted for Midnight.

my bad yo. but I don't think it'll be much of a difference
    test
  10. Chris Vetrano

Chris Vetrano CV

vote - kal

he was better all around, good battle though
    test
  11. I am NU70

I am NU70 GRB Winter 2006

I'm Stashhh's replacement in this tournament, but can't vote officially so heres my opinion.

Ex-Kal, the swag on this track was coo. some punches were also good and you had some witty lines that played on his name. It was a bad beat selection though, although I usually don't care about beats like that...but it took away from your verse because it was such an old commercial beat. the flow wasn't flawless, but you did a good job of handling your opponent.

Mid-Nite, I could hear the confidence coming from you, but its a shame that lyric weren't there. I didn't hear much punches, and the ones I didn't hear were kind of old. Nothing that peaked my interest. I like to listen to the entire track so I can judge fairly, but if it wasn't for that I didn't hear anything that would have kept me listening. Work on the flow.

Gluck to both competitors.

vote- Ex-Kal
    test
  12. Bless God

Bless God this fuckin guy

LMFAOOO @ this midnite dudes verse.. fuck outta here with that crap, no diss, but that shit and your speech impediment were horrid lol..

vote - ex-kal by a landslide
    test
  13. DVIZ

DVIZ New Member

X- shit was hot. Good quality, nice bars, multies and punches left n right.

mid- I couldnt understand a lot of your punches, or what you said for that matter. Good try.

vote- X
    test
  14. Mic Booth

Mic Booth who gives a shit

kal - straight beat. not much of a battle beat but you know its not wack. marky mark was aight. punk rocker hah, small hills pretty played tho. along with scorekeeper. along with gambler come on. cd-r was straight. repulses thats pretty tight. sunday night dead word that was nice. overall pretty good shit it was like 50% played 50% tight but i felt the track as a whole

midnite - iono i hate your voice you're like british and jamaican and you've got rocks in your mouth or something. no great punches didnt like the beat or delivery i think im done listening here lol

v - kal
    test
  15. Dahnamics

Dahnamics Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe

felt like ex-cal took this one with better overall skills..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.