Winter GRB Rd 1: J-Nyce vs slantize

Discussion in 'GRB Archives' started by Cire, Dec 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cire

Cire The Peoples Champion

[​IMG]

- $1000.00 prize money will be donated by NDesigns Screen Printing
    - $800 additional prize money will be divided up into the final round.

GRB - Winter Grand Royal Audio Battle 2006 Rules - First Round
    - First Round Audios are DUE Tuesday Night Dec 19th at 11.59 pm cst. Theme: up to 2-3+ Minutes must be about your opponent(s)
    - You must mention their BOARD name(s). Must be atleast 2 minutes.
    - If audio is not two minutes, you must contest it if you want a DQ.
    - One mp3 File Must Be posted Tuesday Night Dec 19th at 11.59 pm cst.- We will not store any audio files.
    - YOU MUST post using your board name that is registered to the match. Others will be DQ'ed.
    - Voting for Semis will start once all verses are up.
    - Voting links will be posted and votes will be shown.
    - No Comments allowed on battle post until voting links are posted.
    - Can post videos

DO NOT CHECK IN, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES DO NOT CHECK IN
    test
  2. test
  3. slantize

slantize Shadowville Productions

test
  4. Janitor

Janitor Guest

test
  5. JacThaRippa

JacThaRippa New Member

j-nyce, your vocals are muffled, or you mumble a lot.. I don't understand all of your lyrics... your punches are DECENT, nothing great that sticks out that make you say WOA. flow is smooth, mic presence is dope.

slantize... your voice is unique... good flow... really well actually. good beat, and punches are good. "Get control of ya life, like the Sims Online" nice one.
    ending skit is fuckin' hilarious, yo.
    test
  6. lmfaooo

im not even gonna say nothin

i'm in this for fun, but yo niggas like this jactherippa cat is bullshit

this ain't no computer mic i'm on now, that's an expensive studio mic

u can hear every fuckin word i am saying and every nigga i let peep it has said so. muffled? u can't hear the lyrics? wtf
    test
  7. Chris Vetrano

Chris Vetrano CV

J-Nyce - Beat was good for a battle. Flow could be tightened up in spots. you had a couple dope punchlines. nothing amazing

Slantize - haha your battle was funny as hell. outro was hilarious. your punchlines were dope and clever. your delivery was perfect for a battle.

vote - Slantize

over pretty good battle but slant murdered you
    test
  8. JacThaRippa

JacThaRippa New Member

hey look, j-nyce's on her period. how cute...

get some midol, and put that tampon back in your stinkin', filthy, hairy vagina.

hahaha.

love it.
    test
  9. B-LeaVe

B-LeaVe New Member

J-Nyce - the beat is nice. rofl @ the first punch, nice flip. Flow is grimey, im feelin it. Quality aint bad. The 2 L's line has been used before, so i aint feelin the recycled line. Lotta racial lines, but i cant count that against u cuz his name IS slantize lmao. You keep the flow really steady, but your punches started to sputter out at the end. Good battle tho.

Slantize - First off, ouch on the Jin post. And that pic. LMAO at spellin bitch. Ching Chong FUCK YOU HAHAHA. Flow is nice, beat is too. Quality is great. Everythings comin thru flippin gret punches, presence is incredible. I gotta admit I underestimated you, very nicely done Slantize.

Vote - Slantize
    test
  10. Taiyamo Denku

Taiyamo Denku W.A.S.T.E.L.A.N.D.S.

Slantize - You got flow, and delivery is solid, but your lyrics are not too hard hitting in this , It seems as though you battled J Nyce and listened to what everyone has said about him and thought you didn;t have to try at all and ish. I don;t know I think your punches and disses could have been alot stronger...

J Nyce - Honestly I have cliche commercial sounding ish , dat sounds like everything else, however you had some nice style on this, did your thang had lines, here and there some lines were weaker but some actually impacted him pretty well, you came with it this time in my mind.

Overall - since Slantize pretty much only attcked with his flow and delivery and since they both do carry that trait i think J Nyce beat out Slant on this Just my opinion

vote - J Nyce

drop a honest vote on my battle plz

http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=1025197
    test
  11. Mic Booth

Mic Booth who gives a shit

um this was really close lmao two completely different styles

j nyce had the steady flow nice voice a few tight punches in the beginning afer awhile i got kinda bored and felt like the whole thing was repetetive and kinda tuned out. but not before hearing probably 5 or 6 nice lines

slantize i really hate your voice and it was hard for me to listen but i tried to get past that. so i paid more attention to the lyrics and after awhile i started liking the way you flowed i was noddin my head and shit. but as far as punches went i really didnt like much. the sims online was pretty hot, and the blunt gets you higher i liked for some reason. but everything else i was not feelin in the slightest

so on lyrics and a more appealing voice i vote j nyce
    test
  12. DVIZ

DVIZ New Member

J-Nyce- Flow is nice and hate me for it, but you sound like a young Jadakiss. Go for some radio shit, your fit for it. the battle just osunded like a shit talkin radio song in my opinion. It was good, but all around it remained constant.

Slantize- That was hard. I was feelin the punches. The beat wasn't something I would pick, but you showed it justice. Good delivery, and nice punches. The end was hilarious. I laughed out loud on yours, so i gotta give it to you.

Vote- Slantize
    test
  13. yo, what happen to jeff rule about 500 or more posts to sign up?

i really got these aliases pissed off
    test
  14. slantize

slantize Shadowville Productions

um all those cats in the GRB... i dont see how they are aliases. lol
    test
  15. \ima just do like skrybe said and stop dwelling on it

it's obvious dviz, vetrano, and them other 2 dudes got some type of shit goin

all 4 just started posting here son

im not saying it's impossibile for some new cat to vote a battle, but the shit is mad suspect

and all 4 of them vote against me

and that's how they doin every battle the 4 of them vote in together

they all pick1 person

niggas be doin shady shit

but ima just stop speakin on cuz all it's gonna do is attract more haters who wanna do niggas dirty
    test
  16. JacThaRippa

JacThaRippa New Member

nyce, I voted in my honest opinion, if you think I'm on some kind of voting ring, I'm not. Slantize doesn't even give me his beats for free, so there is no reason to be on his nuts, man. you came well, he came better. no need to get all fussy over 10 damn dollars man, seriously.
    test
  17. jnyce - good beat choice for killin a mu fucka.. flowin to it nicely... need some better clarity.. but youll get there.. hearin some wack lines, better also some pretty ill ones.. nothin too special but the attack is there..this shit is long, but dope.. kinda got away from the point after like 2:45 though.. good shit anyway..

Slantize - beats raw...def. raw beat.. flowin is nice, steady shit.. hearin some iight lines but not that many.. def got a strong delivery and pressence though.... im enjoyin this verse more to just listen to.. skip at the end was iight to..

Vote - jnyce

thought he attacked it harder, came wit some shit..
    test
  18. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

if j-nyce posts one more complaint im gonna vote against him regardless of both tracks... not to mention the thread in the audio emcees im sure by hibe will sway a couple votes because of a few sheep

ill edit this later with a vote.
    test
  19. DVIZ

DVIZ New Member

You don't know me, son. It's all respect. I went into detail, and tried to give you praise where I thought you shined. I found there was no diversity in what you spit. I checked your track,and then Slantize. Dudes rap made me laugh. This is all opinion, but for someone to make me lol on the real, then it's a good battle. Call it what you want.
    test
  20. Chris Vetrano

Chris Vetrano CV

man j nyce stfu stop acousin me of shit god damn faggot.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.