Winter GRB Rd 1: _RhYmEs_ vs Cryptic Wisdom

Discussion in 'GRB Archives' started by Cire, Dec 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cire

Cire The Peoples Champion

[​IMG]

- $1000.00 prize money will be donated by NDesigns Screen Printing
    - $800 additional prize money will be divided up into the final round.

GRB - Winter Grand Royal Audio Battle 2006 Rules - First Round
    - First Round Audios are DUE Tuesday Night Dec 19th at 11.59 pm cst. Theme: up to 2-3+ Minutes must be about your opponent(s)
    - You must mention their BOARD name(s). Must be atleast 2 minutes.
    - If audio is not two minutes, you must contest it if you want a DQ.
    - One mp3 File Must Be posted Tuesday Night Dec 19th at 11.59 pm cst.- We will not store any audio files.
    - YOU MUST post using your board name that is registered to the match. Others will be DQ'ed.
    - Voting for Semis will start once all verses are up.
    - Voting links will be posted and votes will be shown.
    - No Comments allowed on battle post until voting links are posted.
    - Can post videos

DO NOT CHECK IN, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES DO NOT CHECK IN
    test
  2. David G

David G New Member

test
  3. _RhYmEs_

_RhYmEs_ Need Dope Beats??

test
  4. Cire

Cire The Peoples Champion

test
  5. Sever

Sever Sever that Leash

Cryptic - Voice is kind of dismal.. not that that's bad.. I'm just a fan of grimey ass dungeon voices. Your rhymes are kind of basic. disses aren't really that fantastic, flow is on point though. I don't know man.. it seems like you really didn't want it.. I've never heard you before. This was good.. I think I'd like a concept track of you better than this

Rhymes - lol intro is wierd.. lol the beat starts out.. sounds like of cool at first. Beat starts.. ha @ experiment went wrong.. flow is kind of unique.. you came much more hype.. flow seemed a lot more confident. better voice.. lyrics were hard enough for this.

Vote - Rhymes.. will vote officially when Ansom gives me his pass
    test
  6. Taiyamo Denku

Taiyamo Denku W.A.S.T.E.L.A.N.D.S.

Rhymes - Dope ish , flow is on point, Beat is dope, "fucking death like having sex with a corpse, sweat shops with the rest of your family, go to mardi gras to take the beads back, Tons of lines, Dope ish , Like this , hard hits after hard hits, you brought some hard ish in the first round nice ish ....

Cryptic - Love your beat builds up and makes your battle dramatic, delivery is not very developed and that hurts the impact of your lines, some of your lines are not very hard, flow is on point, overall you came pretty nice, just need work on your overall style so your lines will have some more impact

Overall good battle Rhymes just came with it ...

Vote - Rhymes
    test
  7. B-LeaVe

B-LeaVe New Member

Cryptic - your flow is smoothe on the beat, but the beat isnt particularly what I would normally expect for a battle (except with the quick strings kick in, which is nice) your voice sounds kind of distant, or muffled, I cant decide. The punches weren't great, but were good enough to get the point across, you could use a little more emotion in your voice, but I feel where you're comin from on this. Overall, as a track I think it was great, but as a battle track, you needed more hits, not bad tho.

Rhymes - the intro could stand to be shorter, but fuck it haha, the beats nice as hell, the gleason punch was a nice starter, the flows incredible, and the flips on his catergories are nice, the quality is really nice, your presence is on point. The fucking "deaf/death" flip was tight. The picture is a nice kicker in the threat, the ghost dog punch was hot, i thought i was the only person that saw that movie. Great battle verse, tight shit.

Vote - Rhymes
    test
  8. I am NU70

I am NU70 GRB Winter 2006

I've replaced Stashhh in the tournie, but i dont think i'm able to vote officially since i didn't sign up with his name.

----------------------------

Cryptic Wisdom you had some fire and I think you handled yourself well for this first round. I'm not to harsh on recording and mixing issues, but this isn't a engineer tournament...so i'm basing this all on your verses. I felt you could have smoothen out the flow on this beat. I was able to listen to the entire track without a problem, but there was nothing there to made me rewind and go "WOW". still came correct nonetheless.

RhYmEs, I must say that you had some witty ass lines. I'm really digging the punches used in this battle; however, I wasn't digging the flow. It was too choppy and I think it could have used some ironing out. Intro was funny to me lol...I'm big family guy fan. The experiment line was good and I really liked how you kept this battle personal by doing your research on your opponent. Overall a very strong verse that put you ahead.

Despite some weaknesses I mentioned, both rappers made this an entertaining battle. But I will have to give my vote (if it even matters) to RhYmEs, just because his lines made a bigger impact and he had a more aggressive swagger to him.

vote- RhYmEs
    test
  9. Cryptic - Intro sound like it would be gettin into a dope song.
    beat is iight, sounds more like you would cry to your opponent over this beat though.
    flow is iight, so so at alot of parts. not that bad though. lyrics arent that bad, kinda like how you put shit together. didnt hear that many lines that stood out though, but some where there.. not a bad verse .. keep it up man..

Rhymes - man i would pop bottles to this beat.. thats about it though..
    flow is pretty on point, seems to sped up for this beat though, woulda chose somethin else. delivery is ill. some dope lines. that sweat shops shit stood out. diggin this verse, shit was dope homie.

Vote - Rhymes
    test
  10. kingauthor

kingauthor Active Member

I liked this battle. Good show by the both of u but for some reason the mexican jokes that cryptic said had me laughing. Its was pretty even bu cryptic won me over wit the jokes.
    test
  11. .SZR

.SZR Emcee/Producer

just voted for rhymes, he had a sicker verse, that fuckin pic cracked me up, can't fuck with a ninja, yo.

Rhymes just had a better track simple and plain.

wtf is up with dudes voting for the dude getting the least votes and not explaining it anyway ?
    test
  12. Adil Omar

Adil Omar Active Member

Haha, Cryptic had soem CRAZY lines. Rhymes flowed better. Had some nice lines, but Cryptic killed it. Crazy punchlines, amazing rhymes. Vote - Cryptic Wisdom.
    test
  13. Wire 101

Wire 101 New Member

i cant officially vote but ill just leave some input:
    Cryptic - unlike everyone else i was feeling his flow better... came really hard... nice lines

Rymes - i dont know... i just dont like that flow... it just didnt work for me... you came hard with some nice lines though

i was feeling cryptic more on this... it was just more appealing to me
    test
  14. Bless God

Bless God this fuckin guy

LMAO @ rhymes sounding EXACTLY like deuce nigalo.. lol cryptic your beat was great, however most of your lines were bland to played to downright corny.. you had one decent line i think, i can't remember it though.. rhymes got this in all areas

vote - rhymes
    test
  15. LaWlEssMc

LaWlEssMc ......

rhymes back at this battilin shit,

niiice verse right here
    test
  16. DVIZ

DVIZ New Member

Cryptic- Beat started on some tight shit. Didn't drop into something I would recognize as a battle track, but it's a nice beat nonetheless. You came with punches I thought were well worded and pretty hard, but your flow started off slow, and it took you too long to get into the beat.

Rhymes- You have better quality, which is always something that makes a track stand out. I like your flow and mixing. The beat worked for your style. The punches were hard, and the delivery made them stick. That sweat shop line did stick out, as you can see from above comments. Overall, you sound more polished and hungry for it.

Winner- Rhymes
    test
  17. _RhYmEs_

thnx i will vote on ya battle this weekend, ima be busy as shit till sat or sun, but yeah this is a illllll as tourney
    test
  18. _RhYmEs_

btw, the beat can be leased, contact me, im putting my beats to my battles, holla at me,

One

LOL@ the only ppl that voted for you are the only ppl that are voting for themselves, hahahahahah

i see that dzk, i see that, hahaha
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.