Winner Of Florian vs Stevenson Guarenteed Title Shot..

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by NOBLE SOLDIER, Nov 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Although largely expected, Kenny Florian was surely happy to learn that his UFC 91 co-main event fight with Joe Stevenson will earn the winner a guaranteed title shot. For real this time.

UFC President Dana White promised the winner a shot at B.J. Penn's lightweight belt during today's UFC 91 press conference in the main lobby of the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Florian is coming off a victory over Roger Huerta at August's UFC 87 event. Prior to the fight, White said the winner was likely to get a title shot. But after Florian posted a unanimous-decision victory, Penn was instead booked to fight UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre, and Florian was scheduled to fight Stevenson.
    test
  2. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

I thought Kenny was supposed to get a shot anyway. Didn't he have the option to wait if he wanted until BJ finished losing to GSP?
    test
  3. Nah.. Dana was holding out on him.. lol..
    test
  4. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

whoa
    test
  5. test
  6. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

ha.

Kenny should get a shot, but ionno about Stevenson. Guy had nothing on BJ the first time.
    test
  7. nightbird

nightbird I Do It Like It's My Job

That was a good fight, Kenny dominated. Always been a fan of him since the first Ultimate fighter. Look forward to seeing BJ lose to GSP and then hopefully to Kenny.
    test
  8. Disraeli

Disraeli p4p the best

I could see GSP winning, but I'm not so sure.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.