will you quit a relationship if.....

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by Shit with corn in it IRM'S BITCH, Aug 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

It's not just black men and women, though... it's western society as a whole, like you said... this whole concept of "romantic love" is quite new in the history of humanity... Brit even spoke on that, which is why I'm surprised he's saying the opposite now... feelings have to be constantly stoked and nurtured in order to sustain... it's not necessary to always keep that tingly feeling if you have a deeper bond... people who thrive on the superficial need that, IMO
    test
  2. I disagree for the reason that I have witnessed people go off on a whim onto something else as soon as the tingly feeling took hold. You could say that itself IS a reason and there there IS choice in action, but you can hardly say there is a choice in feeling, when for example the person gets back in contact with a childhood lover and suddenly desires to be with them and abandon the current relationship. Like Shakespeare said, "Love knows Naught", and I feel it is at times very needy/greedy/temperamental thing.

But I think this thread is more about how women seem to "follow there heart with abandon of what they currently have" especially if a undefinable "feeling" takes hold - much more than men anyway, I guess is what I am arguing, but I could be wrong about that.
    test
  3. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

I'm actually curious do you think this tendency to follow one's heart fades as they get older and they feel the biological clock ticking or do they grasp even tighter to their fairy tale notion of love and relationships?
    test
  4. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

i think ur on to something... but am a little bit cynical

like people should marry to be buisness partners, and not because of love

of course everyone loses that tingly feeling @ some point. but if u think about the past, have good memories, and do activities and have good conversation u will have that feeling reemerge, even for just a few hours and you will remember why you fell in love

but i agree, just cuz it fades doesnt mean its gone it just means its not always on your mind cuz it isnt new anymore

i think of course you should be head over heels in love with ur husband/wife... and its possible

you just need to pick the right one, and funny enough alot of times the men/women complaining about the low quality of people they date aren't exactly prizes themselves (in terms of character)
    test
  5. RealMS

RealMS Ne te quaesiveris extra

Pretty true
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.