will you quit a relationship if.....

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by Shit with corn in it IRM'S BITCH, Aug 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. you don't feel "tingly" about him, or perhaps he doesn't give you butterflies when he gets in from work anymore? Obviously it's situation dependent, but I think in general, women seem to change their mind in relationships on what could be considered a whim like this, and i'm not saying these feelings mean nothing but knowing you have to contend with these feelings that can change very randomely and at any time is kind of disconcerting.

Obviously, having an "if it happens it happens" attitude about it is best. But women get wrapped up in situations, they are adventurous and love the chase. For instance, I would say a woman is much more likely to do something silly with feelings of sentimentality such as run back to a guy in a myspace/friendsreunited brief encounter. Then suddenly, you are back with mike from highschool, (your first kiss) and he's raising our kid. Yea, thanks love.

paranoid?
    test
  2. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

its painful to experiance a girl that was once tingly about you..lose that feeling...been there done that...
    test
  3. MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN

MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN Ray of Sunshine

I wouldn't end a relationship just based on that. I'm not in high school anymore and to expect to feel that tingly feeling every single day just isn't realistic. Sometimes life sucks and all you really need is your significant other to just be there..

I'm not sure if that was the question..? You made it a bit unclear for me Brit. Sidenote: Do you really call people love? I imagine it with the whole accent and everything. lol
    test
  4. Ofcourse I do, love. But not to randoms, because that would be rude. I actually only use it in endearing circumstances.

And I am sorry for the rambling nature of this post that must have been a bit confusing because even I do not know what I meant.
    test
  5. Mr ExZ

Mr ExZ evolved

lick a bitchs ass and she'll love u forever
    test
  6. MISSKEYdaQUEEN

MISSKEYdaQUEEN Watch the black panther..

I wouldn't end it... I'd try to to find out where it went... If I couldn't get it back then I'm dipping. Been there done that. Never regretted it...
    test
  7. samii so sexii

samii so sexii ..sunkist siren..

^^ I concur. I wouldn't end it because of losing the feeling, but I would try to figure out WHY the feeling left...get to the root of the bigger issue.

if that can't be fixed then we have a problem.

I refuse to settle for just "ok"...I want "over the moon"
    test
  8. what if there isn't a reason for the feeling dipping, like there isn't always a reason why people fall in love?
    test
  9. H20_DirtyGlove

H20_DirtyGlove New Member

leave me and 3 sexy ladies are waiting for me
    test
  10. RealMS

RealMS Ne te quaesiveris extra

I think there has to be a reason....growth, finally realizing it's not all roses and smiley faces all the time..but ppl. leave without trying half the time b/c its the fairytale they want and are stuck on that idea of what it should be.

hmm..

but yeah I remember feeling (or not feeling) that feeling after about a year..but I stuck with it and got down to the root of it..I knew it wouldn't always be good times. It takes two though and the moment one wants to pull out-IMO it's a lost cause.
    test
  11. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

I would be interested in knowing in like 20 years if the women that said that they would leave if either the feeling left or if it didn't come back then they would leave, if those women actually got married and had successful marriages. I would be willing to bet the answer will be no. I think our society gets people, women in particular, to believe in this false concept of western love which encompasses these "over the moon" feelings that are really no more than lust at the very root. The fact that people view it as settling or a negative thing when these fickle emotions aren't there just shows the extent of how ingrained this imaginary concept of western love is within women's minds. Relationship should be based on whether the two individuals compliment each other in all areas of life, as opposed to a feeling. If all you are looking is for a feeling which is by its very nature unsustainable, then you will constantly be disappointed and bitter, but good luck.
    test
  12. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

Why does the "tingly" feeling have to be permanent? I think that defies the nature of feelings... they are supposed to be temporal and fleeting... love is supposed to be MORE than a feeling... I think once you realize that, then you won't fret over some frivolous "tingly" sensation not lasting.
    test
  13. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

I remember reading about some dude who talked about the sparks and how they turned into embers, which last longer and how we shouldn't worry about the sparks not lasting, but appreciate the embers... or something to that effect... I don't remember exactly how he said it, but the shit was profound and wise... people just need to quit buggin' out over frivolous shit and put things into perspective...
    test
  14. MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN

MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN Ray of Sunshine

Last 3 replies I agree with 100%.

Love isn't always perfect, but if it can remain strong then you really have something. You've gotta take the good with the bad.
    test
  15. DaAlmightyDolla

DaAlmightyDolla Greatness

yup thats y most my exs r still friends with me.....

its natural 4 feelings 2 go away. happiness never last 4ever so i wouldnt expect that tingling feeling to do so
    test
  16. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

Drop knowledge on these hoes Seeson
    test
  17. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

I have. Sometimes it was just all about the chase... both conquering the guy I set out to catch... as well as the boost I got from keeping the attention of and being persued by the object of my desire. I was about the hunt.

And... when reality set in, and the flaws became apparent... when it was time to actually put in the work... I became disenchanted and start looking for a way out.

I blame Disney.
    test
  18. tight-eyes

Truth!
    test
  19. tight-eyes

I have to disagree, Brit. I believe there most certainly is a reason that feeling "dips", just as there is a reason people fall in love. I believe love is a choice and we don't just happen to "fall" in love at random... we make choices (though sometimes subconsciously) that lead us into circumstances that facilitate the building of that kind of bond with another person.

If you want that "tingly" feeling back... you have to work at it. And that requires you making the choice to do so. Some folks just aren't down to put the work in, so it's easier to say "oh well... I feel outta love... nothing I can do about it... I'm gone".
    test
  20. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

No doubt. When I read stuff like that it just irks me because in a lot of cases the same women who will dog out black men will be the same ones that need a tingly feeling and allow themselves to get played and they never stop to think that maybe its their mind set that is stopping them from having a substantial relationship.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.