Will there ever be....

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by Subconcious, Jan 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abztrakt

abztrakt the impossible cool.

TNA has been losing money or barely breaking even since they started, and signing one of WWE's biggest stars and a WCW legend has brought their rating up by about .1 or .2 at best since their Spike TV debut. Why exactly would Dixie's dad waste any more money funding a company that's not going to give him any kind or return? WSX debuted with about the same rating as Impact with no-names and has-beens. They're both at about a 1/3 or 1/4 of Raw and Smackdown's ratings (and in TNA's case, PPV buys). I'd say neither one of them is really a threat, but at least WSX is probably going to make money for Viacom.
    test
  2. ChopStick

ChopStick me killa me killa

Theres no proof that TNA has lost money this whole entire time.. stop reading meltzer.
    test
  3. ChopStick

and wsx was behind a huge lineup.. bams show etc..
    test
  4. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

She's the President of TNA. The owners are Bob and Janice Carter...

Sure Panda Energy has money but they aren't willing to throw it around or devote a huge amount to TNA. They couldn't even put up all the money to pay Sting, whose contract was picked up in large part by SpikeTV, and I think the same goes for Kurt Angle. That's why they haven't signed Chris Jericho because he wants Sting money. TNA is also in the process of cost cutting measures. Abz is right though they were loosing money for quite awhile due to the weekly PPV system, and they finally started to turn over into the black sometime last year. The weekly PPV model is costly.

Panda Energy though isn't a billion dollar company, their annual revenue is listed around 219 million, and they aren't 100% owners, they own 72% of TNA. I believe Jarrett owns the rest of TNA.

TNA needs a backer who is willing to spend money. That's why someone like Cuban would be ideal, and I think he is actually a wrestling fan.
    test
  5. ChopStick

What do you call being on Spike TV?

What do you call signing Sting, Angle , & Christian?

Obviously if his daughter is the president of the company, he cares about it.

They wont sign Goldberg until they get a two hour show.
    test
  6. abztrakt

Besides, her dad isn't the owner of Panda, he's the chairman of the board. It's a publicly traded company, and I doubt that Panda's investors would take too kindly to the company wasting millions of dollars on an unprofitable wrestling company. It's just like how when Turner sold his company to Time Warner and then they merged with AOL it led to WCW's downfall. He could justify the spending on WCW when it was turning a $300 million profit, but not when it was losing millions of dollars every year.
    test
  7. ChopStick

Good points.. and i hope that doesnt happen.

But TNA isnt losing money.
    test
  8. abztrakt

They might not be right now, but there's a good chance they would if they spent huge money on big name guys. If they signed Goldberg and Jericho and suddenly tripled their buyrates, then it would be a great investment and maybe they would be a legitimate competitor. I just don't see that happening. They should be more patient and keep building up their own guys instead of depending so heavily on big names from other companies, especially since those home-grown guys are willing to work for quite a bit less money than Sting, Angle, Goldberg, Jericho, etc.
    test
  9. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

They arent now due to getting the deal with SpikeTV and cost cutting measures, but they were in the red when they were running the weekly ppv

Word...I would like to see Homicide get a big push
    test
  10. abztrakt

Homicide as a singles guy with Hernandez as more of a bodyguard type would be great. Homicide/Daniels for the X-Division belt would be great.

Oh, and add the Dudleys and New Age Outlaws to the list of overpaid ex-WCW/WWE guys. Both teams are pretty much worthless at this point and definitely not worth the money.
    test
  11. ChopStick

I also predict kip or bg will be let go by TNA before 2007 is over
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.