Will there ever be....

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by Subconcious, Jan 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Subconcious

Subconcious CiPrIoLa DyNaStY

Do you guys think that there will ever be GOOD wrestling wars again in our lifetime such as the WWE/ECW/WCW? If so why and with who? That was great, all of the corruption of people jumping side to side...i kinda miss it...
    test
  2. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

I think TNA needs a bigger financial backer to be a strong competitor for WWE
    test
  3. Toucan_Sam1

Toucan_Sam1 aka 2can Shakur

Perhaps in the next 20-30 years or so, after Vince is dead.

WWE has almost become the Microsoft of wrestling. Buy out all the competition lmfao. TNA is too small, but the fact that it's even on TV with such a great roster shows how WWE is yet to become totally in control.
    test
  4. 'Revelations'

'Revelations' .....The End

I disagree with TNA needing a big financial backer....TNA must be making some pretty good money...these guys have shot up BIG from what they were 5 years ago...WWE is getting softer by the day...and everyone knows it....ECW isnt ECW....Lashley is a pussy...he comes out this big fucking scary muscular dude as the bad ass ECW champ and the first thing he says on the mic is some shit like 'Gee golly willikers'

something wrong with that??

yeah...he's a faggot....WWE is more concerned about giving the fans shitty matches...and just getting more TV coverage...they worry more about injuring wrestlers and fucking whatever...when they need to realize the whole point of wrestling is to hurt your body...so if somebody gets injured too much..then maybe it isnt the job for them??

TNA will explode this year and I can honestly invision these guys getting a two hour slated show instead of one hour so the program doesnt seem so rushed....if they get that extra hour...they will open real wrestling fans eyes to what wrestling is all about....not entertainment
    test
  5. Nam Dekan

TNA has had the same backer for about 3-4 years, I'm not sure how the financials are currently but I don't think they got out of the red until earlier in 2006. I think they can make it to a certain point but money could become an issue because right now SpikeTV has helped with the large contracts of Sting and Kurt Angle.

TNA appearently has been offered a 2 hour time slot but they are at an impasse(sp) right now because of money.
    test
  6. sigmaman

sigmaman New Member

Vince will keep buying out everyone! And TNA's story lines and action is better than all of WWE's. I think they will start to show up WWE.
    test
  7. ChopStick

ChopStick me killa me killa

the only way it will get better is if dx tells everybody to suck it
    test
  8. bdubz718

bdubz718 New Member

if tna had more dough then yea
    test
  9. Tindawg

Tindawg New Member

I dont think they really need all that much money to put on a great show for everyone. Well, more money to make it 2 hours long, yes, but not for the show itself. Remember the good ole days of ECW prolly back..i dunno maybe 8-10 years ago when they didnt have a huge budget. They still went into the ring destroying the hell outta eachother. They put on great matches with great wrestlings. Ok, maybe it didnt have all the glitz and glammer of the wwf at the time, but fk that. Wrestling is wrestling. You dont need 50k worth of fireworks and other shit a night. Just get money for tables chairs, barbwire, and watever the hell else they can use. TNA is slowly working there way up, and i think that most of the WWE fans have been watching more of tna recently because the wwe simply isnt cutting it. If i wanted to watch a soap opera, id watch the fkin days' of our lives...
    test
  10. murdamal86

murdamal86 New Member

npe...wrestlings dead
    test
  11. FoCu5

FoCu5 New Member

yeah wont happen, 98 was the best year ever WCW/WWF/ECW all were amazing that year.

damn i miss 98. NWO best group of all time.
    test
  12. abztrakt

abztrakt the impossible cool.

If TNA got a big backer and a really hot angle, it would happen again. We have two of the three pieces from '95-'96 in place already (the #1 promotion that's been stale for a while and seems to have no idea how to get back to its previous glory and the #3 promotion with a strong but loyal following, mostly on the internet, that is focused more on the in-ring action) but I really doubt TNA will get a backer who's as well-funded and enthusiastic as Ted Turner. And just signing big names didn't really work for WCW, because they had Hogan and Savage for most of 1995 and they didn't really make that big of an impact. It was people getting drawn in by the NWO angle that did it. So signing big names will only get you so far, you have to use them properly too. That's why signing Angle hasn't really done shit for TNA.
    test
  13. ChopStick

i think wrestling still has a lot of potential.. a lot of these new stars are exciting to watch.. the new generation is set in terms of talent, they just need the right coach for lack of a better word. when you really think about it, the booker is essentially the coach.
    test
  14. Nam Dekan

To bad TNA couldn't get lucky and get somebody like Mark Cuban as a backer
    test
  15. ChopStick

Panda energy is allready a billion dollar type of company.. i was even surprised when i heard about them in the news.. i think dixie carters dad is like the owner or something

so TNA in a sense, has more money than the WWE.
    test
  16. abztrakt

Exactly, Cuban and Ted Turner are the only guys I could see being the kind of backer TNA really needs. Pretty much just a guy who's willing to throw money away for a few years until it becomes profitable.
    test
  17. abztrakt

Yeah, and WSX is owned by Viacom, so in a sense they have more money than WWE and TNA combined. That's still not going to help them.
    test
  18. ChopStick

wsx does not have more money than tna.
    test
  19. abztrakt

By the logic that says TNA has more money than WWE they do.
    test
  20. ChopStick

well dixie carter is owner of TNA

her dad is the owner of Panda Energy? correct?

i could be wrong. my logic says.. that would make TNA more of a threat
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.