Will the Cavs make the playoffs?

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by Joro, Oct 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toker

toker My Money Grow On Trees

u stupid fuck of course a guard will have a higher FT than a bigman.... but the only way kobe can hit those clutch shots is if the team is in position to win the game.. kobe aint hittin some game winner if hes down 20 pts..

plus kobes overrated in the clutch.. espn already showed his stats in game winnin situations.

AI is trash.. no defense, horible teammate, takes 30 shots to score 30, ball hog, u name it..

an magic aint the best player ever.. u see the teammates he had??

how u gonna have kareem, then get the number 1 pick to land magic and then get another number 1 pick to land worthy???

i bet the nba rigged that shit back in thee day to keep a lakers/celtics rivalry
    test
  2. IcE MiX

IcE MiX New Member

And guess what, shaq and the magic got swept..so his numbers no matter how high meant nothing. Hakeem schooled shaq during those finals. And if you wanna talk numbers go look at Kobe's 06-07 campaign which had comparable numbers to Lebron's last year campaign and he wasn't recognized for taking a starting laker team with KWAME BROWN AND SMUSH PARKER to the playoffs and coming a few shots away from beating the suns..(yes if they would have won those games game 7 blow up wouldnt have occured). And if you want to talk NBA rigging shit, then you debunk your whole argument considering Jordan was the poster child of the NBA during the 90's and its prime years...so anyone who says Kobe gets every call go look at MJ back in the day...MJ never had to play the zone defense..yeah they call tackier calls today and its more pussy than it was before, I'll give you that because it bugs the shit out of me...but don't discredit Kobe's achievements..and he just turned 30 and just started peaking....you can argue kobe already hit his prime physically..but mentally he finally has in being able to play effective team basketball with team mates that actually have some know-how.

Kobe aint clutch? wow...

YouTube - Kobe Bryant - Clutch in High-Def (clutch shots compilation 2007-2009)

YouTube - Kobe Bryant Clutch Performances

The only player close to him today is Melo Then D Wade, Lebron is far from clutch aside from that shot in the playoffs last year.
    test
  3. IcE MiX

IcE MiX New Member

and if you consider BYNUM Anything close to what pippen was..then lets factor in the lack of bynum and ariza during the celtics lakers 08 finals..where they had neither of those guys... who knows what would have happened if they were healthy. Pippen hit his prime when Jordan hit his prime, PIPPEN ALONE took the bulls to a game away frm the NBA FINALS the year Jordan was gone..so don't tell me MJ didn't have support like Kobe has
    test
  4. DannyC

DannyC Stay golden, pony boy.

wtf are u smoking crack?

bynum and pippen?

lakers fans are fucking idiots.
    test
  5. Joro

Joro New Member

LOL....exactly

DannyC...read a couple posts back...these Kobe haters are tryna say Bynum is Kobe's equivalent to Jordan having Pippen.....
    test
  6. toker

last time i checked bynum was a lottery pick

aint jordans fault kobe cant make players better

odom and gasol are 2 more lottery picks
    test
  7. toker

even if hakeem did school shaq, shaq at least put up good numbers

kobe sucked cock and he wasnt even going up against a HOF like shaq did

so basically kobe sucked vs some reg ass player while shaq still put up shaq like numbers vs a all time great
    test
  8. Joro

Joro New Member

LOL

Michael Oluwakandi was a lottery pick (1st overall, in fact) .....Kwame Brown was a lottery pick (1st overal, in fact) .....

Being drafted in the lottery doesn't mean you can be compared to Scottie Pippen, who was on the NBA's list of all-time top 50 players.

I realize now you're too dumb to argue with. If I felt you were worth it, I'd look up how many of Jordan's teammates were actually drafted in the lottery...by the Bulls, or by other teams then came to the Bulls via free-agency or trade.

You'd then realize that MJ wasn't a magician who carried a bunch of 2nd-round draft-picks to six Championships.

edit*..I did it anyway....1)Horace Grant, drafted #10 by Chicago...... 2) Scottie Pippen, drafted #5 by Seattle .....3)Bill Cartwright, drafted #3 by New York Knicks .....

Those were just the first three I looked up. You can also add Toni Kukoc to the list, who at the time he was signed by Chicago was the best player in the world not in the NBA....which would've made him an automatic lottery pick. They called him "The Michael Jordan of Europe" ....
    test
  9. Joro

Joro New Member

What, Shaq shot 58 percent? Was he making jumpshots or something?

No...he got the ball 5 feet from the rim and either turned and dunked or put up a chip shot. And he missed 4 out of ten times.

Meanwhile, Olajuwon was housing him on the other end....which is why Shaq's team lost.
    test
  10. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

agreed i see where ur coming from

1 stat is not indicative of performance
    test
  11. DannyC

DannyC Stay golden, pony boy.

i disagree with that whole heartedly

bynum is the equivalent of cartwright for the time being

if u said gasol id agree.
    test
  12. toker

nope kobes had countless other lottery picks around him.. cant hold it against jordan that his teammates actual developed into a HOF

u throw out kukoc, grant, pipper, etc

i counter with shaq, bynum, gasol, odom, glen rice, eddie jones, robert horry, etc..

so kobes had just as much if not more high picks with him... only difference jordan was the lead dog on all his teams.. kobe only on 2 of his finals appearances..
    test
  13. toker

so now u want to discredit him cus they way he scored??? shaq lost to a better team simple as that..

lol lakers fans
    test
  14. Joro

Joro New Member

Against the Pistons...Kobe lost to a better team, simple as that.

Even tho he had the great Shaquille O'neill with him.

Kobe did try tho....you may remember that game-winning three in game 2.
    test
  15. Joro

Joro New Member

Again, it's debatable who was the top-dog on the first three Lakers Championships. It's debatable now, and it was debatable then. The inability to resolve this debate is the reason why the team broke up.

But facts are facts. In the clutch, the Lakers went to Kobe. And forced to pick which player to keep and which to let go, they decided to keep Kobe, and trade Shaq.

"These are the facts, your honor, and they are indisputable."
    test
  16. toker

i love how u mention 1 SHOT by kobe but ignore the fact he shot 38% from the field that SERIES..

shaq outplayed kobe just like every finals they played together
    test
  17. toker

lol

shaq had better numbers in the reg season..shaq had better numbers in the playoffs.. shaq had better numbers in the finals.. shaq won all 3 finals mvps.. shaq won a MVP..

and the only reason why they let go of shaq was age.. if they were the same age nobody would pick kobe..

kobes only good when he gots talent around him..
    test
  18. Joro

Joro New Member

The only reason Shaq had better numbers was age...can't give a 20-year-old kid all the touches when your 90 million dollar investment is in his prime and has a huge ego ("I'm the Most Dominant Ever")

But, with 4 seconds left and the game on the line, ego doesn't matter cuz the ego-boosting stats are already in the box-score.

No....with 4 seconds left all that matters is who can get the job done - Kobe.

Kobe's only good with talent around him? Maybe....but Shaq has yet to win a Championship without a premier Top 3 Superstar playing with him. And he never will.

Kobe's done it.
    test
  19. IcE MiX

IcE MiX New Member

test
  20. toker

derek fisher and robert horry hit bigger shots than kobe did
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.