Will somebody please tell me is it the forum or am I goin nuts?? [DROP LINKS!!]

Discussion in 'Beats/Producers' started by MPLSallstar, Aug 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MPLSallstar

MPLSallstar New Member

To those who reply drop links and I'll get back to your shit no doubt ;]

Basically, I don't know how this dude keeps getting votes in this beatbattle. I don't know if it's his homies, or is his shit really better,which I have to disagree with because of many reasons.

PLEASE help me out and tell me who's do you think is better!!

Mine:
    Bite this Di**
    www.soundclick.com/doublethreat

His:
    Bite This
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/9/nojokemusic.htm
    test
  2. theMusiCorps

theMusiCorps The Underground Messiah

Thanks for the feedback fam. By the way I have to upload my and 80kbps quality gotta protect myslef ya know?

Your tracks intro is def strong. I love that high pith humming sound. I wish this joint had some melody changes. Sounds like the type of joint that could definately benifit from a Mannie Fresh style drop at the beginning of the second verse. Overall this joint bangs.

The other guys joint has better change ups but overall his drums sound sloppy and undefinative. No real music either all sample.
    test
  3. MPLSallstar

MPLSallstar New Member

Oh no problem fam, and I feel you though lol I've been avoiding the net for a looong minute because of biters.

But thanks for the feedback though fams, I really appreciate that because this other forum was making me think I was losing my marbles man lol. Chea chea@mannie fasho..

Lol right, NO ONE said anything about his ish being sloppy, I was like "is this dude's mixing serious?" Damn I'm so happy to hear I'm not the only one hearing this..
    test
  4. Da Cypha!

Da Cypha! Beats!

(returning the favor)

bite this dick: ight intros coo.. ight beat comes in.... wow this is nice man... bass is dope dope.. very nice beat.. i love the bell sounds or whatever they are.. i like how those other hihats come in.. beat comes in again this is dope 4 sure!

bite this: ight that vocal sample that comes in is illin.. the gitar sample or whatever is nice yeah.. yeah this is nice man... dope drums n shit.. wow chorus comes in very dope.. i love this man.. dope dope

yeah man i see that your beat is the top one.. well i thikn its all bout whut u prefer.. i like samples over composed beats.. and that vocal sample in the chorus just hit me... making a beat overall you got him.. but he has that banging sample man.. my vote would go to him.. but i guess its just my opion tho...

you have a dope beat still man no doubt..
    test
  5. Sean "G"

Sean "G" New Member

test
  6. MPLSallstar

MPLSallstar New Member

Thanks for the feedback man and compliments I appreciate that. And those were good explanations to make good sense too. But yea I see though, thanks for breaking your vote down too, many people will ignore the whole "what they prefer" to "what it is" face you know?

But thanks for your vote, on this forum I'm already up 2-0.

It's good to have some more experienced ears listen and vote..
    test
  7. MPLSallstar

MPLSallstar New Member

Lol what's a good synth sound? But yep, you liked the sample that's cool. But thanks for your input and feedback though I appreciate it.
    test
  8. Sean "G"

Sean "G" New Member

its just everyone uses the same sounds, those sounds you used for the synth i hear all the time, you just have a sound that reminds me of a lot of other people, you should try gettin exclusive shit no one got
    test
  9. MPLSallstar

MPLSallstar New Member

^^Ohhhh I see what your sayin I feel you then, but I'm honestly surprised if you heard that exact one because I made that from scratch. But if it sounds similiar I gotta make new one's ;].

Thanks for replying and explaining too
    test
  10. MPLSallstar

MPLSallstar New Member

test
  11. Neo2k3

Neo2k3 Alcaholic

Returnin the favor
    Bite this dick - This beat is dope. You new to these boards or what? Imma have to keep an eye out for you in the future. This is on that Dirty South vibe straight up. I can hear this shit gettin bumped in cats cars. Them 808 drums that come in after 1:00 are a pretty dope addition to the beat. This is nice. If ya had some better horns it would have increased the quality of the track a lot IMO! This is dope man no complains.
    Keep up the good word.
    One.
    test
  12. MPLSallstar

MPLSallstar New Member

^^Thanks man, I really appreciate the feedback. I've been in the bubble lately so I haven't had much outside opinions in a minute so yep yep. But naw I've actually been to this board about a year ago, with like 45 posts lol. It's been a minute since I've dropped in though because I haven't been dropping online and whatnot. But I'll definently look for more horns, to my ears it wasn't a concern but that's where feedback come's in right? lol. But hey, so the vote is for me right?
    test
  13. SoulBoy

SoulBoy Bitch wheres my Grammy

Yo I gotta give props to both of ya'll n1ggas. I was feelin both man. Your intro had a lot of energy in it. You really got that down south vibe goin. His was chopped and sequenced nicely. I don't know who I liked better because yours was a composed down south track. And his was a sampled East Coast style track. I like em both.

http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=917615

My thread...^
    test
  14. Koach

Koach rm takes it up the ass

Very nice percussion work. Takes a while to kick in, but that's nice to build anticipation. Good sounds quality too.
    test
  15. MPLSallstar

MPLSallstar New Member

Thanks I appreciate it man, good input and thanks for viewing both sides. I'll get back to yours no doubt ;]..

Thanks thanks, I try to give that build then make sure it's hard to follow through you know? But thanks though.

I really appreciate the feedback yall. Keep the votes commin! =]
    test
  16. EM3NCE

EM3NCE Heat Seekaz

i agree with the first reply...your beats better...easy to flow on sounds nice to me...wish u had a change up 2 i nthere though...just a quick lil one here n there...or take out the bass for a couple bars
    test
  17. MPLSallstar

MPLSallstar New Member

Thanks man I appreciate that, I knew I wasn't losing my mind lol. But fasho, there's a bass drop at 49secs where it switches in the verse, maybe I can do something to emphasize it though. But thanks again for your vote and feedback I do appreciate.
    test
  18. Play One Inc

Play One Inc New Member

I honestly thought your one was alot better but I thought at somepoints it sounded a bit awkward but it reminds me of something outkast would use with the drums and everything. I think it would of been better if you wouldve put a variation on something other than the drums. Overall cool beat
    test
  19. MPLSallstar

MPLSallstar New Member

Thanks man I appreciate it, it's good to know I'm not goin nuts lol. But give an example of an awkward part, I'm just curious to know ya know? Ohhh, you mean like outkast awkward? haha. But I see what your saying, I'll try to add another melody in there that has different notes. That should do the trick =]

Thanks for the feed, i appreciate it!!
    test
  20. WillieK

WillieK New Member

http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=919073
    ^^show bak some luv plzz

Bite this di** - intro was kwel, when the beat drop it was aite, but sorta missin sunmthin, cuz i was expectin it to drop it hard and bang out, maybe them hatzz are too out front on this, maybe let the kick step out mo, likin the bridge though, it be tyte if u have some real gunz sound and shit there,, overall a decent Southern beat melody was kwel, could stil use an extra instrument fo a chorus or sumthin

Bite this - real nice wit the guitar sample, overall quality on this thing is tyte, real professional, drum is mos def hype and on point, that guitar melody is reall ill, and the otehr sample and melody the dude arranged to thisdurin the chorus and a lil befo the chorus, manh..........alsmot sound liek sutmhin WMS would make and shit fo real

wel.......

yea i guesss the otehr dude's ido sound better than urz
    is all g though
    we here to elevate nah mean aint bout hatin on each other and shit

u should just study this shitzz rite here,
    learn frum it and make some fyah

dope

keep it comin manh
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.