Will Smith - Switch

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by bigcfk24, Feb 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigcfk24

bigcfk24 New Member

Haters, stay out. [I haven't done this in a while, so bear with me...

It's been quite a while since the Fresh Prince has dropped any hot music, I'm kinda skeptical, but I'm hoping that this'll be the end of the drought. Because I think that Will Smith is a really good rapper. But then with the intro, you can first smell the stink...
    "Yo mic check, mic check, yeah here you go
    Nah, he over here
    Yeah, I heard he got that hot new thang
    "
    Will Smith's gotten so big he won't even allow himself, to refer to himself in the 1st person. That's very egotiscal... but honestly, who wouldn't be egotistical after Hitch? He can teach any man how to sweep any woman off her feet! That's amazing! That would probably make anybody a bit big-headed.

And then we get the chorus:
    "Hey, turn it over and hit it
    Turn around, now switch
    Turn it over and hit it
    "
    Turn it over, and then turn around, and then turn over again? In a society where speed is almost mandatory, wouldn't it be easier to just simply turn around? That'd save so much energy, and we'd be able to focus on the music a bit more.

But before the average listener can realize the idiocy of the chorus, Will begins to rap:
    "But don't download, go out and buy the record"
    Even in the music itself, artist are guilting us into not downloading. Well, I will download his entire album. Just to get back at him for trying to order me around.
    "I mean real clean, ain't gotta touch or nothing
    It ain't like I like a chick on chick or something
    "
    I'm with him on this. Girls ain't nothing but trouble, so obviously, chick on chick is disgusting. All that rubbing, and fondelling of each other is just sickening. Nobody should touch. Ever. Everyone should have their own dancing zone that no one else is allowed into.
    "Gimme a drink and a chick to tell 'Stop that'"
    Didn't he just say he doesn't like girls gone wild? Looks like he's starting to contradict himself... that's the first step to becoming a hip-hop great.
    "Dance is a hop and a clap, flip it round"
    Okay, quick question:
    When you're at a party, what would you rather do?
    A- The "Switch"
    B- "Git Yo' Eagle On"
    C- "Cotten-Eyed Joe"
    D- Leave the room

By the time you could decide on the question above, the 2nd verse begins...
    "Why is it that when y'all see me at the party
    Y'all be looking like, 'Ooh, he a movie star, he
    ain't supposed to be out on the floor with everybody'
    "
    Because we're wondering why you're not working on "I, Robot 2". I want to know what happens to Sunny after he gets to all of the enslaved robots after the end...
    "But oh wait, whoa, y'all forgetting
    When I was, amateur spitting before the scripts were written
    "
    Oh yeah... I did forgot about that... All I remember is 'Six Degrees of Seperation', 'The Fresh Prince of Bel Air', 'Enemy of the State', the songs 'Getting Jiggy With It' and 'Miami', and those ass movies your doing now. That's a pretty nice career he's got there.
    "Taking you higher, like a syringe hittin' ya arm"
    OOOOH SNAP! Looks like Will's lyrics are getting kinda edgy now... watch out Eminem!

While we're still trying to relax after doing the Switch, Will's being an asshole.
    "Oh, you just gonna stand there, huh
    What you too cute to dance, or you scared
    "
    I'm not scared. I'm tired! I've been switching for so long, I need a break. But you want me to do your stupid dance? You do the god damn dance for a change. I don't remember seeing you getting jiggy with it. Keep rapping, and get off my dick.

Then Will gives us a test to see if we can actually do the Switch:
    "All I wanted was a moment or two to
    See if you could do that switch-a-roo
    "
    I'm not sure if most people will be able to do the "switch-a-roo" because there's no direction. "Get low", People know where to go. Low. "Lean Back", They all know not to lean forwards. "Stand Up", It's a pretty simply action. But to just "Switch"? It's sort of confusing. What exactly am I supposed to switch? I need more information for me to properly perform this dance.
    "Shut your mouth fool, get your crew and
    The thick body and the rear one too
    "
    Can somebody please explain this line to me? Does he wants the rear crew, or the rear body? Neither of which make sense. But apparently, I'm the fool who should shut his mouth. Excuse me... I'm sorry for trying to understand.

There's an outro, and the chorus repeated twice, and the "switch" echoes until it fades out... And there you have it, folks. Mr. Smith's miraculous return to hip-hop. Very... confusing. After actually listening to this song, the only thing I've switched is my opinion of Will Smith.

Still like this song?

(You probably didn't anyway.]
    test
  2. RedMaster

RedMaster Epic Butt sucka

Worst Piece Of Garbage Since Mase's Comeback........
    test
  3. Moe Sizlack

Moe Sizlack Moezilla

songs wack as shit.

I dont get how artists friends let them drop garbage like this with straight faces.
    test
  4. night walker

night walker New Member

lmao that breakdown had me rolling
    test
  5. Seekwence

Seekwence Hood Legend

best song on the radio...atleast i can listen to will smith and say damn this guy just being himself.
    test
  6. MagicDonJuan

MagicDonJuan Active Member

lmao song is corny.
    test
  7. bigcfk24

bigcfk24 New Member

I'm going to be completely honest with you. I didn't like this one too much either. But I don't think it was that bad. But what can you expect? It was a dance song. Dance songs aren't big for lyrics, and this song is more sound than words, which is why this wasn't up to the standard that the other two set. How bout next time, instead of just bashing it, why don't you make a suggestion for the next song I do. That's good right? Or how about this, do a better job. You try this and lets see what's better. Don't diss someone for doing something you can't. I'm sick of all these haters.
    test
  8. wyn 23 QB

wyn 23 QB New Member

will smith makes good movies and miami was a good song
    test
  9. Ugoff

Ugoff New Member

Please, I am Ugoff.
    test
  10. Fi-lapsis

Fi-lapsis New Member

Homie summed it up right here.