Will Rogers beat Fedor?

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Mac Sabbath, Nov 3, 2009.

?

Will fedor lose?

1. No way

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. definitely

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

Just because you haven't seen Machida grapple doesn't mean he would be at a "disadvantage"
    test
  2. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

True.

Thankfully I have seen him grapple, so I know for sure he is at a disadvantage against a GREAT grappler.

Machida has shown weakness in the clinch several times, which Fedor could exploit.
    test
  3. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

i never said any one of them was a guarantee'd win...i'm saying that's the competition right there......Fedor could very well prove he's the best ever by running through all the top competition in the UFC....but

he's not going to do that....lol......he'd rather let his promotion company hand pick his fights with the "not so much" competition in strikeforce

and Rogers is a better Kongo? wtf? Are you seriously saying Rogers has better striking that kongo? no fucking way

i remember when Shogun was considered the lhw/middle weight fedor....came to the ufc and struggled......
    test
  4. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

and fedor has shown weakness in the stand up several times which machida could exploit

we could got back and forth all the day.....just admit he aint fighting where he could really be tested
    test
  5. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Yeah, I think Rogers is a better boxer, at least.

Shogun wasn't shogun for the first couple of fights, it had nothing to do with the UFC. He would've looked just as awful in the pride ring under those circumstances. Since Fedor is human after all, he could very well have a bad night or two. Does that really rule him out as the best ever? Being human.

Honestly, Fedor should even have room to lose. I really don't see an argument for why he isn't the best to have ever done it. Seems like you're just wanting to prove that he's not invincible. Of course he isn't.
    test
  6. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

and more light heavy's that could give fedor trouble/beat him

Shogun for one, Machida, Rashad, Rampage

I honestly think Rampage would be the best possible person to beat Fedor, going by styles. he's a good wrestler with really good boxing especially with the defense. He could stay on his feet and catch fedor when he throws those looping haymakers.

Matter fact i don't see that tornado punch he through on rogers connecting with any of these guys.
    test
  7. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Same with Machida though. He isn't the god of technical striking or anything, just very good.

Of course I want to see Fedor in the UFC, but I think you're buying into the hype of UFC's hw division a little too much. There just aren't THAT many threats on paper for him even IN the octagon.

Still say that overeem is his biggest threat.
    test
  8. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

I don't say he's the best that ever done it cause he dosn't continue to fight the best.

He's like tyson getting thrown KO victims in the later part of his career.

and it seems to rule out Silva for a lot of people, that he had some bad nights early in his career.
    test
  9. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Overeem is a roided up freak though, i don't count him as a legitimate fighter..lol

oh and

rogers boxing was terrible......he did have a decent jab though, till he decided he didn't need it and got ko'd......
    test
  10. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

I don't see Shogun beating him at all, tbh. I think he's probably good enough to take Fedor to a decision, but I can see him being outpointed all day in what would turn into a grappling match.

Rashad... I don't see it at all, honestly. He isn't big enough to try to gsp him and outside of a ko blow, his hands are not that great and actually worse than Fedor's.

Rampage could beat him in a boxing match, but this isn't boxing. Take Rampage out of his element againt a bigger, better grappler and watch him crumble.
    test
  11. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Yep, that's a major setback. Same with Barnett. I think both of those guys have the skillsets, but you have to factor in the juice.

Rogers didn't display wonderful boxing in this particular fight, but I thought he showed promise with it in the past. There was a point when Fedor couldn't get any shots through against the cage when Rogers could've probably ko'd him a la torres-bowles, but he didn't. I think it's also the reason why Rogers was so pissed after the fight. He let himself stray from the gameplan.
    test
  12. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

"washed" up yet they all had a place on the top 10 heavyweights in the world when fedor fought them, im not arguing with a bunch of ignorant people who have no basis to anything they say, nobody considered anyone fedor fought washed up until he beat them in under a minute... now suddenly theres gotta be a reason as to why it was so easy, it can't be that fedor is actually talented? lol ya'll are fuckin stupid

no hes not some cyborg who demolishs everybody, the fact that he can get beat around sometimes and still pull out wins makes him GREAT... i dont care what fighter you name, if they got slammed by randleman the way he handled fedor they woulda never made it out that fight, never. and im convinced most wouldnt have made it past rogers gnp from the guard he was gettin on fedor, most heavyweights cant pull an armbar like that leaving them no chance other than trying to pull rogers down which as big as he is wont happen

you people live in fairy tale land
    test
  13. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Rampage is a wrestler first, and Fedor is not bigger than him. He wouldn't be able to take rampage down, and even if he did we saw how good page is in a scramble when he was still a rookie.

it would boil down to a boxing match and page got it all day IMO

and Fedor has more power than rashad, but def not better boxing/striking technique.......plus he has the speed advantage and is a great wrestler as well which would keep it on the feet.

shogun your probably right, but i think it'd be a good fight none the less...

so many possible matchups int he ufc.....

would rather see any of these fights > Fedor vs werdum/overeem/rogers
    test
  14. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

and cro cop was top 10 when ganzaga ko'd him

so the fuck what?

and sylvia was washed up after he lost to couture
    test
  15. toker

toker My Money Grow On Trees

how is this clown ass nigga even a MOD here??

kid starts watchin mma a yr ago and he think he knows it all
    :attitude:
    test
  16. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

lol
    test
  17. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Only thing left I really have to say is that you're really overestimating Rampage's wrestling and grappling skills. Guys like Sakuraba and Lindland have given him fits grappling.
    test
  18. Serb

Serb The Answer

Anderson Silva was asked about fighting Fedor and he said he would lose,

that Fedor is to big for him. which is true,

Oursin you are the biggest Fedor hater i have ever seen. why is Brock a good comp? he is 4-1

and lol @ Nog still big comp for Fedor, they aint gonna fight again dog. Feodr beat him 3 times dominating him all the rounds.
    test
  19. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

i don't see how somebody NOT thinking fedor is the greatest fighter ever is being a "hater"

Fedor is amazing for what he did in the past but......i think this gif sums his recent fights up better than i ever could

[​IMG]

if anything i'm a brock hater....he's nothing but a giant wrestler who is an athletic freak of nature and should be fighting in a higher weight class.....fedor is a top fight.....but brock would murder him
    test
  20. iAMhell

iAMhell New Member

Sylvia and Arlovski were both top5 when fighting Fedor and Arlovski was on a good winning streak.

I think Fedor's legs look a little vulnerable if someone can hack them like Shogun did to Machida it would cause him major problems.

at the moment though Fedor is the best ever.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.