Will Rogers beat Fedor?

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Mac Sabbath, Nov 3, 2009.

?

Will fedor lose?

1. No way

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. definitely

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

man rogers was good...

hes fucking dangerous and fedor still just knocked him out like that haha...the inexperiance..how could rogers let that one slip
    test
  2. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

trust me i think rogers would be top tier HW in the UFC no problem but he just dont get that respect, after this fight with fedor people gotta realize hes for real
    test
  3. jayoo

lets remember this was fedors first fight in the cage wasnt it?

rogers had a good gameplan by pressing him against it, for awhile fedor had no idea how to get out... rogers also grabbed the fence on/off as he felt he needed which was bullshit, situations like that almost make me realize why the ring actually is much better, you cant use inanimate objects to pin someone.. they can roll off the ropes and its more obvious if you grab the ropes to hold them there
    test
  4. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Rogers has fought 2 good fighters.....one a washed up Arlovsky and the other fedor....

just cause he's was 10 and 0 don't mean shit...he fought bums for most his career.......

Kongo, Valasquez, Carwin, randy even hardonk, would beat rogers IMO....

not saying he couldn't eventually be up there...but right now, he isn't.......

and wtf @ all chamions....their are literally 4 fighters in the heavy weight devision...lmao....fedor is a champ in a devision with 4 fucking fighters....most of which couldn't make or got booted from the UFC at one time or another.....he's not being tested....

to fedors credit i don't think it's him, it's his promotion team....i believe fedor wanted to go to the UFC to fight the best......regardless of the money....the man is a millionare living in a 2 bedroom apartment in russia
    test
  5. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

and honestly, all of it is speculation...the truth is he had a chance to fight brock who i think would murder him tbh.......and he didn't....

i like fedor, but M1 are using him to get their pockets thick...they don't care about the sport or the organizations they do deals with.....

lol @ wanting a co promotion deal with the UFC when they only bring one fighter to the table.......wtf?
    test
  6. Unknown333

Unknown333 New Member

yeah dogg lesnar is so ruff becuz he liek kicked the ass ov an overated frank murr who beat that one minotorro noggera guy!!

dont forgit dat lesnar also beet up that one old guy uhm whats his name.. i thnik it is tank abot? that was a big big big win for lezner bc tank abbit wuz legend of the sport regardliss of age.

imo lezner will beat faydor bc faydor is fat and fuck russia go USA
    test
  7. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

umm, what does this have to do with getting older?

clearly he's still great after this showing, but eventually he'll slow down. it's inevitable. I don't care if he rolls around in nature all day, that's irrelevant.
    test
  8. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

For the record, there are only a few decent fights for Fedor in the UFC. I like Brock, but he's rogers-esque when you look at the big picture. I want fedor in the ufc, but mostly for the hype.

overeem and barnett are his biggest threats.
    test
  9. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

who has overeem beaten lately?

he wouldnt stand a chance. the only people who could beat fedor would be in ufc..anderson silva and shogun. brock wouldnt stand the slightest bit of chance, maybe if it got to the ground if hes lucky enough to trap fedor in some kind of fucked up position against the cage.
    test
  10. jayoo

talent has nothing to do with who you fought.. he hasnt been tested that much? he just fought the considered NUMBER ONE HW IN THE WORLD and many consider the BEST P4P IN THE WORLD... to go to a fight like that with only fighting bums is a big step and speaks a LOT about what your capable of if you do well.. and he did pretty damn good, better then a lot of others have against fedor..

nog was in his prime and lasted to decision but basically got destroyed every second of that fight.. not to say rogers would beat nog, although i think he has a really good chance personally, coleman got armbarred twice.. rogers got out of the submissions and actually achieved dominant positions on fedor .. rogers proved himself stop being ignorant
    test
  11. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

yeah, he went toe to toe with fedor, who hasn't fought a legitimate contender in 5 years.....

you look at as Rogers being better than what you thought, when you should be looking at it as fedor being worse than you though.

Fedor couldn't submit crocop, who got dominated on the ground by check kongo.....

nothing fedors done recently warrants his "greatest of all time" name........

people gonna say silvia and arlovski...both are passed prime and washed up.....

the real fact here is....an unexperienced rogers (most of his wins are from underground organizations against no names) took it to fedor for a round.....
    test
  12. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

the past is past, what have you done lately?

Fedor proves his "Greatest p4p" title by defeating a virtually unknown, untested bret rogers!!!

c'mon

who's next, ray mercer?
    test
  13. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

This may sound stupid, but does Fedor have a lot of fans or do people just throw his name out there in an attempt to come off as an MMA connoisseur [dunno] ?
    test
  14. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

yeah mir beat nog, who is the top opponent on fedor's resume

lmao.....shut the fuck up

and learn english
    test
  15. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

lmao@ anderson silva and shogun. anderson in a kickboxing match? yes.

it's overeem's skill set i'm looking at. We all know fedor has a striking weakness, and overeem has shown tons of improvement in that area. he's no slouch at grappling either. of course he has shown that he can get caught with a big right, but I still say he stands more than a chance.

i personally think fedor would beat brock, but to say brock doesn't stand a chance is crazy. Brock could very well wet blanket Fedor.

A lot of purists would also probably throw arona's name into the hat, considering that his decision loss was controversial.
    test
  16. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

ha. Hard to submit a guy with a hand you just broke on his face. Besides, who the fuck DOES submit Cro Cop? Nog, that's it.

Cro cop in ufc was past his prime and got wet blanketed and broken by Cheick Kongo. Don't try to twist it into some grappling clinic.

People who doubt Fedor look at it all wrong. The proof of his greatness is in his talent, skillset, and intelligence. People name names and shrug all day long, but the truth is he beat a variety of world class opponents who each posed different threats to him on paper and came out looking amazing. Cro Cop was supposed to have the striking advantage. So was arlovski, nog, sylvia, and rogers.

The guy is a walking, talking MMA clinic.

Seriously... who poses major threats to him in the UFC and why?
    test
  17. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Brock, Cain, Kongo, Dos santos, shit even randy......and big nog is still comp for fedor.

not to mention any up and comers getting into the ufc we don't even know yet......Strikeforce can barely hold onto the fighters they got

you also got cats that will move up to fight him, i know anderson silva would

who's he got in strikeforce? Rogers? Werdum? Silva? he could clear out the whole devision in a year

How do you know the same thing won't happen to fedor that happened to Cro Cop in the ufc? You don't, because he's fighting in the leagues with fighters you can count on 1 hand
    test
  18. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Shit i bet cro cop would still give him a run for his money
    test
  19. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Cro Cop looked terrible from the first moment he stepped into the UFC and beat Eddie Sanchez. He went back to Dream, and even when he won, you could tell he was a shadow of his former self.

Brett Rogers is basically Kongo only better. I'll give you dos santos. Even a prime Randy doesn't have shit on Fedor. Cain? You kidding me? Fedor murders him on the ground and in striking. Brock has the size to wet blanket him, but Fedor could capitalize on any little mistake he makes (brock makes a ton).

nog was never really comp for fedor, and fedor stormed through a prime cro cop pretty easily.

won't argue that the competition isn't real great outside ufc, but there are scenarios for fedor beating any of the ufc guys.
    test
  20. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Anderson Silva admits outright that Fedor would beat him.

Still don't really see any great prospects that could move up and beat him for sure. Machida might make for a good fight stylistically but would be at a grappling disadvantage. Hendo would be outsized and outpointed.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.