Will Oscar De La Hoya retire tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by R3flex, Jun 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R3flex

R3flex Smackin Ya Manses

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=7367&more=1

21.06.06 - WBC super welterweight champion Oscar De La Hoya (38-4, 30 KO's) will be making an announcement tomorrow afternoon in a conference call, outlining his future plans in boxing. Despite Oscar’s fine showing in his last bout, the word is that De La Hoya, 33, may be ending his career in boxing rather than continuing on and fighting through his numerous injuries.

In his last bout, a six-round TKO of Ricardo Mayorga, De Le Hoya suffered a muscle tear in his left forearm and a partial tear to his left rotator cuff, among a wide variety of other nagging injuries that would seem to rule out another appearance, at least for the remainder of this year. If De La Hoya does, in fact, choose to retire, he would be walking away from a possible future bout with Floyd Mayweather Jr. that could earn him as much as 30 million dollars.

We have to take anything Oscar says with a grain of salt after his many "I'll retire if I lose" situations. But i'd like to see where this goes. If he doesn't retire, maybe he'll drop a name on who he wants. Anyways, i'll try to keep everyone updated (or the other boxing fans will).
    test
  2. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

God...i hope so.

but he wont. Dude's said he's retiring 20 times.
    test
  3. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

hahah dude rippy stop being an ass to your fellow pretty boy you should be standing up for goodlooking guys who can box.
    test
  4. CH|CO.

CH|CO. is that chico.

Let him fight Mayweather, get dismantle, then he can leave.
    test
  5. R3flex

R3flex Smackin Ya Manses

test
  6. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

Oscar never OFFICIALLY retired...he only hinted at it their is a difference.

you have to officially say I am retiring he has yet to do it.

Trinidad should fight oscar that would be a bigger fight in box office....because even though floyd is good his name is not yet mainstream.

thats why they want to build up his name so when he fights oscar big money fight.
    test
  7. Final Chapta

Final Chapta End of Story

he was making more money everytime he said he would retire.

30 million is nothign compared to what his promoting is pulling in, im sure.

but either way .. its still 30 million for fighting.

who knows.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.