Will clothes that fit ever be in style again...

Discussion in 'The Library' started by Shy, Sep 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

with urban trends?

Or fuck...dressing half decent at least?

The entire urban fashion industry has been horrible for a solid 5 years or so with kids just buying any garbage clothing companies shit out. Rainbow colored t-shirts with matching accessories. Literally half the clothes kids are wearing these days look like Star-bright took a shit in a big and tall tee warehouse.

There was a time though when urban style was actually tasteful. Some hip hop artists still have it. Kanye, Talib, Jay Z, etc etc...but it's the dumb rappers that ruin it. Cam'Ron, Lil Wayne, etc. These guys don't have style...they don't have taste...they don't know shit about anything other than what a clothing company says is "in".

Any trend, no matter how ugly, nor how ridiculous...people will hop on these days. It's embarrassing, because you can look back to LAST YEAR and people are embarrassed because they were wearing heaps of pink.......most of us knew that shit would get played way too fast and die before the next year. Some.....have the pink shoes still in their closets, along with their sexuality.
    Then we had the Air-Brush trend that lasted what....2 weeks?...

And now the 4x shirts? It looks retarded. Like my little sisters night-gowns.

There was a time when urban clothing wasn't a complete joke outside of rap fans. Now is not that time. Just don't be a victim to retarded fashion trends....if something looks dated, it probably is. And Air Force 1's are the sole survivors of ugly trends....they'll die soon too though. Hopefully. Cheap ass looking sneakers.
    test
  2. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

there isnt much to choose from in the urban shoes department IMO. ive been looking at some clothes that are a little on the nicer side but its like wtf am i gonna wear with it? some aldo shoes? no thanks.

well the whole bright colors thing is because of the Japanese influence. they usually arent baggy shirts though, in fact theyre usually smaller than average. itd be like a lime+yellow shirt with some purple+yellow shoes, those tight fitted jeans and of course some super-sayin 10 hair
    even still i think that the new colors thing can still be done tastefully, take Lupe Fiasco or even Kanye West for example, they arent running around over-doing it or wearing rediculous baggy/tight shirts..hmm this may be why everyone looks at them for being so different, idk just thinking outloud. but yeah you can have urban style done tastefully, just relax with things that are overly flashy and "cheap" and cheap doesnt always mean price.

taste for clothing is like taste for food, some people dont have developed palletes, they cant appreciate a nice 5 star meal if theyve been eating potato chips and ice cream their whole lives. there is a world outside of chicken mcnuggets.
    test
  3. LiveFromThe781

p.s. AF1's arent bad, i dont generally wear them, but nontheless they have some nice shoes, what i hate are bathing ape's, ice creams, greedy genius, and things of that sort...fucking ugly and distatsteful.
    test
  4. -Paper Chase-

-Paper Chase- alwaysgotberrybluetoblow

Glad to say I've never fallen into any of those dumb trends..

I don't understand the hate on Air Forces..I like Dunks better, but still..
    test
  5. Murder Ink

Murder Ink Jigsaw

test
  6. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

Well. I like Dunks better too.

My main hate with AF1's is that they look like the cheapest shoes at walmart...maybe cheaper...

yet people will pay far too much for them. Why? They're plain, and they have no detail or anything....so how they ever were stylish is beyond me.

But colors aren't as big a deal. I mean, some you can tell will fade fast, but color trends come and go. It's more the dumb styles....tees to the knees with bunched up jeans tucked inside the shoes? In a year or 2 that will be embarrassing to look back on.

But yeah. Like I said, there are some that can do it tastefully and others that can't. Kanye nails it. He'll dress up one minute, then urban the next....keeping it tasteful the entire time. And I think one wild piece of clothing is fine as an accent....like I saw this one japanese guy dressed typical city, and then he had on some bright yellow adidas running shoes...and it was nice....it's just many people don't know when to stop.
    test
  7. Charlie.Rose

Charlie.Rose www.echelonnine.com

I am a fan of cloths that fit, I use to wear that baggy shit till I grew up.
    test
  8. JohnnyStorm662

JohnnyStorm662 New Member

You live in Tennessee, shut the fuck up.
    test
  9. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

^in other words..... i just described you, and you're tacky.

lol

Loving the area reference. News flash: tacky trends are everywhere at once. You're all watching the same retarded rappers to jock styles from.
    test
  10. FreeFalling

FreeFalling Free Fall Creative

Yeah, couldn't agree more. A lot of the stuff people on tv are wearing looks stupid.

And AF1 are ok. I'm a huge DUNKS fan though.
    test
  11. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

[​IMG]

Soulja Boy hates my threads.
    test
  12. FreeFalling

FreeFalling Free Fall Creative

how did he even get signed? Like, who looked at him, heard his music and said "We need to sign him?" Hip hop is getting a really bad look with guys like this out.
    test
  13. LiveFromThe781

^i dont know, but you cant lie and say his song wasnt catchy as fuck (which i think had A LOT/everything to do with it). Dont worry though, he wont be around next year, thankfully.
    test
  14. sabillon

sabillon New Member

word.
    test
  15. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

you mean like a spandex body suit?
    test
  16. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

^yep.

I think even Souljah Boy thinks of himself as a joke. I heard some of the tracks on his album, and he sounds like he's just having fun fucking around. That one song "yaaahhhhh yaahhh" or whatever cracks me up.
    test
  17. Murder Ink

Murder Ink Jigsaw

^let's hope so..otherwise..he's the biggest joke EVER.
    test
  18. LiveFromThe781

the pack > soulja boy
    test
  19. Murder Ink

Murder Ink Jigsaw

haha

true tho..as sad as that is..
    test
  20. Pious

Pious LET ME LEAD YOU......