wii vs gamecube

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by junio sixnine, Dec 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WWIII

WWIII It has begun...

I'm not that worried about it. So what if it's not leaps and bounds above Gamecube, it's affordable, innovative, and above all else fun. If I'm going to buy a game based solely on graphics I'd go with Xbox 360 or PS3.
    test
  2. Embassy Sweetz

Embassy Sweetz 360's thee-shit,-b

thats another thing i hate about nintendo fans...they act as if the wii is the ONLY console capable of having " fun" and " inoovative" games...i guess they forget that last generation the Gamecube had a standard controller and offered up great gameplay AND graphics for its time..

the 360 has fun and innovative gameplay as wel as great graphics...im sure the ps3 will have those same features when the developers to a better look at the mostion sensing controller...
    test
  3. WWIII

WWIII It has begun...

I understand what you're saying, but I didn't mean that Wii is the only system capable of being fun or innovative. I love my 360 as well.
    test
  4. Ethan Albright

Ethan Albright New Member

that twilight princess screenshot up there looks playstation 2/xboxish.....
    test
  5. Turl

Turl Producer

Gamecube: Clock frequency : 485 MHz

Wii: Clock frequency : 729 MHz

thats only the CPU, nearly twice as powerful.. quit acting like babies... google is there for reason.

Gamecube: GPU ran at 162MHz

Wii: GPU clocks in at 243MHz
    test
  6. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

you cant compare clock frequencies on different processors....

although i do think the wii is about 2 times more powerful then the gamecube....you still cant tell off raw clock numbers though....they are pretty useless in measuring different cpu's...unless the wii and the gamecube have the same cpu architecture...and if thats the case....then its only about 20-30% difference in power regarding clock numbers....not 2times as powerful.....but either way...the wii isnt all that weak...its not 360 or ps3...but its not super weak....i just think it will take more optimization and different art styles to hide its weakness....and for the record...i purchased a wii..and i think its a dope system....if anyone wants to come at me on some funny shit...
    test
  7. Embassy Sweetz

and the clock frequency of the ps2's cpu was higher than the original xbox ( dont know the #'s of the top tho)..

wat does that tell us...???..not a damn thing cuz the xbox shitted on the ps2 graphically..so those numbers are pointless...

like liq said...its 2 totally diff cpu's....the wii can have some great looking games...but i think peopel just need to except that its not some crazy leap over the GC in terms of graphics...which is no big deal imo if nintendo can keep makin high quality games...
    test
  8. Pent uP

Pent uP I'd Like to Fight Ten Men

show me IN GAME screen shots, surroundings and all
    test
  9. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Personally, the whole next generation leap in graphics is not that huge. Its certainly noticable, but it aint like the jump from super nintendo to playstation.

Gamecubes graphics were good to begin with, it aint like the shits are terrible, just because they arent much improved...people act like the system is not worth the purchase.
    test
  10. Mine*State

Mine*State mad cuz im STYLIN on you.

The Wii's graphics suck, you fucking idiot.

Stop trying to make a case for the Wii having decent graphics.

No.

They fucking suck, now shut the fuck up.
    test
  11. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

That's not necessary.

Anyhow..I think what most people fail to realize is that the Wii has a different target audience. The Wii is aiming to reach out to the "casual" gamer. Wii's console titles are supposed to be more "fun based" rather than graphically based. The gamecube had the same target audience....Mario Party is very fun..I play it with my g/f all the time. For serious gamers who are into the High Def graphics etc..then 360 or PS3 would be your system. Noone has any right to try to match up the Wii v.s 360 or the PS3...that's just plain stupidity when the target audience is totally different. The Wii is a stand alone system that is cleaning up in profit not only because there is a need for casual and family based gaming...but also..people like myself LOVE retro gaming..and the Wii provides you with a good source of downloadable retro content as well. Nintendo has never been known for producing steriod enhanced graphical consoles....so noone should even be arguing about this. While I won't be purchasing a Wii, it has an attractive price and retro gaming which is attractive to me...I'm happy with the gamecube though.
    test
  12. junio sixnine

junio sixnine hasta la victoria siempre

lol@ this fool having a heart attack.

all i said was that the wii was better than gamecube.
    test
  13. Blocc_Rocc

Blocc_Rocc New Member

Off topic..but you guys are fools If you value Graphics > Gameplay
    test
  14. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Yea ur right...I STILL play Golden Axe...I LOVE that game. Simple game..simple controls...FUN GAME.
    test
  15. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

graphics add a whole dimension to gameplay......your a fool if you think graphics do not add to gameplay.......so theres no such thing as graphics> gameplay or gameplay> graphics....they are one in the same and help each other achieve the same goal....a good game......i play fight night 3 on xbox.....and then play it on 360...i dont wanna even look at the xbox version.....graphics DO matter.....

eitherway.....i like the wii a lot....its a very dope system.......especially when you have 2 or more people playing......i was very skeptical about it before....but im def a fan now
    test
  16. Ethan Albright

Ethan Albright New Member

Morons...

gameplay is up to the game developers more than the console developers.

An xbox360 game can be just as fun to play as any other... it's up to you to find the game.

but graphics are VERY important. You want realism. Would you watch a movie with shitty visuals, 2 cameras, and black and white?

How about high def tv? Big screens?

If you can deny that any sort of visual entertainment is better when the visuals are better..... you're one hell of a liar.
    test
  17. Blocc_Rocc

Blocc_Rocc New Member

i never said graphics dont enhanced the gameplay...You can make a game look as real as possible but if you limit the gameplay whats the damn point??....and your right gameplay and graphics are intended to complement each other but u know as well as I do that's rarely the case with games today....Games that do manage to balance out the ratio turn out to be exceptional (Ex GRAW FF7...thats why there is a such as

graphics> gameplay or gameplay> graphics

Same reason why people still rather play ugly ass nintendo / atari games
    because the gameplay is most likely to increase the replay value not the visuals
    test
  18. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

Word I still play FF7 to this day. I love that game, especially the musical score. And that game was definately gameplay ever graphics, and that's why I can still play it.

what did you mean by GRAW though?
    test
  19. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

If you really wanted to make an unfair comparison you should have said a flip book [pus]
    test
  20. Embassy Sweetz

back in the day ff7 looked incredible wat are u talking about...it looks retarded now...but not then..

and by GRAW he means Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.