Why's it so hard for people to understand some folks just like to be single?

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by RealMS, Mar 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RealMS

RealMS Ne te quaesiveris extra

(for the time being of course, not for the rest of my life)

Me and this dude really saw eye to eye on a lot of things, and I even thought when it came down to "us" but I was dead wrong. In my eyes we had a platonic friendship to describe it as briefly as possible; he was like a friend I could talk to and chill with, but no relationship. Why? I enjoy my freedom. In his eyes he sees me as his dream girl and has for years but it's unfair to him b/c he thinks he's worth me being in a relationship with.

He's offended now and clearly "heartbroken" but I've explained this to him many times before that I don't see myself being with someone anytime soon & I STILL manage to be labeled the one who is wrong. I honestly don't believe I led him on but I'll take the blame anyway. I guess this is another testament of why folks shouldn't waste their time in the 'friend zone'. If my friendship is not enough don't bother.
    test
  2. Imperial1

Imperial1 For pressed ones only

I think you gave him a little bit too much to make him think that yall should be in a relationship. Right now, I'm happily single. The guys I encounter, I let them know off the bat that I ain't looking for nothing, so don't ask for nothing more unless you got it like that with me.

Imperial1
    test
  3. RealMS

That's what irks me a little bit-I made myself known on what I wanted/did not want. You can try to sway me into whatever it is you want but it's not happening if my heart's not in it. It's my fault I knew what his intentions were, it's his fault for saying he understands I'm not looking for a relationship.
    test
  4. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Naw, it's not your fault... some people just don't get it.

You were clear and upfront... this has happened to me before, too... girls are guilty of this, as well.. you tell them you just want to be friends and in their minds they're thinking, "okay, that's what you say NOW, but I'm gonna woo you and change your mind."

They think that they can sell you on their love... even if you're not in the mood for buying.
    test
  5. Mr ExZ

Mr ExZ evolved

he was trying to fuck u from day one

regardless of what he told u
    test
  6. RealMS

It makes sense
    test
  7. L u c y

L u c y (Administrator) SWERVE

Its messed up - this is why people wonder if male/female friendships work. You know you were up front with dude, dont blame yourself.
    test
  8. Nomak

Nomak Active Member

The ones that don't want relationships, tend to attract more people. The reason being...you're so care free and people like that. It's crazy for me...i used to get mad girls hitting on me and i was like hell no to committment...now I would like someone, now that im older...and cant find shit hahaha. the world is weird man.
    test
  9. RealMS

Seems to be that way. I don't want to avoid ppl. who may try to talk to me & I find myself attracted to but these days I get bored w/ that really quick. I can go some days w/o speaking to some and when we do talk it's always refreshing. Maybe I need a change of scenery. Definitely DO NOT SETTLE. That stuff is for the birds.
    test
  10. RapCritik

RapCritik New Member

LOL....you're guilty. Of what? I'll explain...

Some people wanna be single sometimes .....yes....BUT EVERYBODY WANTS TO FEEL WANTED ALL THE TIME.

So you kept this guy as a friend - knowing all along what he really wanted - just for the sake of your self-esteem.

He gave up, and you didn't give in, so he tried to make you feel guilty.

And you ARE guilty. Of what? Of pretending to not know what was going on.

But he's also guilty. Of what? Of just trying to fuck. (But his "game" sorta worked - he's got you thinking that you're his dream girl, and he's got you feeling a lil guilty about that)
    test
  11. Radium

Radium f k

you aint lying
    test
  12. RealMS

lol...you really think so, Critik? When someone says to me, "and I completely understand...just having you in my life as a friend is all I need if that's all we'll ever be" I tend to take them for their word. I guess that is my prob. right there.

You're right though, I did "keep" him as a friend-knowing he saw me in a different light. I kept him on no leash & I don't think its my responsibility to constantly remind someone what the business is. I mean I didn't hit him up when I felt the need to be "wanted"...it was more him hitting me up, and that's what began to annoy me. When I hit him up it was b/c I wanted to know how his day was going. oohh well lol
    test
  13. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Truth is, dude wasn't being completely honest with you... he was probably trying to convince himself that he could accept JUST friendship from you and he was wrong.

I don't think he was intentionally trying to deceive you... he's just weak... love or infatuation can do that to a person.

But as I keep preaching, love is a choice...

If he had it that bad, he shoulda serenaded you or wrote you sonnets or something... that's something my corny ass woulda done back in the day. LOL
    test
  14. Mr ExZ

Mr ExZ evolved

girls can sense when ur desperate

if u give off the vibe u dont really give a shit they try n figure out why u dont want them
    test
  15. Nomak

Nomak Active Member

yea..you're definitely right about that. haha girls love challenges. Once the chase is over, and they got you...a majority of them dont want you anymore lol. I think most people are out for the thrill and the game. They don't really want the prey. That's why so many people are lonely. They're forever stuck on game playing.
    test
  16. LeePipino

LeePipino What had happened was..

Why bother getting that close to someone tho?...

Gone
    test
  17. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Absolutely agree with this.
    test
  18. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

I've even gone the same route with friendships LOL.
    test
  19. RealMS

& he did! lol
    test
  20. RealMS

Nothing wrong with that, lol
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.