Why would God give rules to humans?

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Geedorah, Apr 26, 2013.

1. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

yea, i'm contrasting those two. the difference to me is that there's no apparent contradiction in our wills being imbued in us by forces we can't control.
    test
  2. Alias3000

Alias3000 Well-Known Member

the Animal Kingdom does have rules, which is why you haven't been run outta your apartment yet... the rats and roaches are giving you a pass.
    test
  3. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Who, me?
    test
  4. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

so in conclusion, do you believe in pre-ordainment to an extent?

trying to steer this back from the incest talk, lol @ riz.

good example though.

:numaan:
    test
  5. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

i'm not exactly sure what you mean by preordainment.

i believe in a practical form of agency. in other words, i think there's a distinction to be made between life and inanimate matter in that life doesn't float aimlessly through space.

i don't see this as indicating that our we are the conscious authors of our own decisions, which is what i take free will to mean.
    test
  6. AliceHouse

AliceHouse The House Always Wins

The term is determinism. Is our fate determined?

But think for the moment...

When we mix baking soda and vinegar, does it not always react like a kid's volcano science project? Or does it choose to?

Does not the lens focus the sun rays to set ants on fire? Or do the molocules choose to react and set themselves aflame?

When we carry an object and let it go, does it not always fall? Or does it always choose to fall?

And if these things choose to do so, why do they always choose to do so consistently?

Are our brains any different? Is not the gray matter formed of proteins, of carbon, that fires neurons and electrical impulses? And do they not always react the same as any other chemical reaction given the circumstances? And our not half the circumstances what our DNA crafted us as, and the other half the outside world that affects us?

Tell me, where is 'free will' in any of this except as a magical concept designed to comfort out lack of understanding to how the world truly works.
    test
  7. Radium

Radium f k

i think that the brain uses analogues to create thought and that as an analogy matrix its constantly taking extremely long winded routes through its repository of analogues just to rotate any one analogue into prominence

i thought that the routes that it takes from one analogue to the next could be so astronomically long winded that the only way to access any analogue would be by some kind of probabilistic mechanism. that is that it would have to take short cuts to its analogues by using a probability engine ex: analogues dont take straight routes to more analogues but activate really big analogue sets which contain many analogues that are selected randomly by a probability engine and then get sent out to activate more really big analogue sets like a shotgun activating more shotguns. this would mean that choice is highly determined but not actually deterministic
    test
  8. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

my take on preordainment is our end is written for us, it's on us to choose the paths to it.

so i was supposed to marry someone, divorce them, to find someone else.

i was supposed to be earning a certain amount of money whether legal or illegally.

i am supposed to have a certain amount of children as it's part of my sustenance/rizq.

if i go on with this, we are going to end up where we started.

i'll leave you, radium and riz to it.

:numaan:
    test
  9. AliceHouse

That's not all that far from the mark and if this is your instinct speaking, and assuming I'm reading it clearly, is pretty inventive.

If you're interested, I might be able to scrounge up some educational material about neuroscience. Specifically how the brain functions as an organism.
    test
  10. Radium

Radium f k

[youtube]x5kisPBwZOM[/youtube]
    test
  11. AliceHouse

test
  12. Radium

Radium f k

do you know anything about task/set shifting
    test
  13. AliceHouse

No, but I've no doubt I can master it in minutes.
    test
  14. antilluminati

antilluminati Well-Known Member

I hope that most people who think or believe something know it doesn't necesseraly make it so.
    test
  15. Alias3000

God gave the birds and squirrels rules, if not, the roofs on your mamas houses would be picked apart for their homes in the trees by now.

God gave predatory animals rules or you'd already have an Alligator in your backyard by now given all the sewers filled with water and rotting flesh of rats and old food flowing underground beneath your feet as we speak.

God is now telling the animals to attack us sense disobedience is the Law of the land, so he ordering the Bull Sharks to snack on the asses of those stupid enough to go swimming in the Gulf of Mexico or anywhere near the coastlines of Florida.

God gave Mankind rules. Esau just refuses to follow them and has convinced the rest of the Nations to agree with his ignorant disobedience. which is why you have the stupid ass wicked Asians over there masscaring Dolphins in mass numbers just to have Dolphin fin soup. wicked.
    test
  16. Ass Napkin Ed

Ass Napkin Ed DC - 19th & Benning Rd

test
  17. Alias3000

Exactly. Let that fuckin' Polar Boar go. They deserve the wilderness not some Zoo.
    test