Why, white man? WHY

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by Joro, Mar 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wrecktify

Wrecktify New Member

I'll think of some actual titles and get back to you.
    test
  2. Joro

Joro New Member

Read philosophy to learn how to think? I thought you said you didn't go to college to learn how to think....

Funny tho...you're a self-proclaimed intellectual, yet the only relevant philosopher you can name is your professor.

What makes you think I don't have a level of understanding of how the economy works? Is that your white brain working again? Stereotyping?

Bill Cosby nigga....yea he is an Uncle Tom, like you, since you asked for my opinion.

Now what do you think of Malcolm X? What do you think of Marcus Garvey?

*edit* smart...you edited that first response cuz you realized how stupid you looked. Take your time and find a book you haven't read to recommend.
    test
  3. Wrecktify

Wrecktify New Member

I just love it..how you delete and insert your own words to misconstrue my statements to strengthen your feeble attempts at constructing a decent argument. I recommended a "Critical Thinking" book by Bruce Waller...a former professor of mine. I took a Critical Thinking and an Ethics course in college out of both interest and fulfillment for my electives. I never said ANYTHING about going to college to learn to "THINK". Furthermore, there is a fundamental difference between THINKING and CRITICAL THINKING. It's something that you obviously do not understand nor realize, or you wouldn't have said such a foolish thing.

Secondly, I never questioned your understanding of the economy. But, obviously most Americans collectively do not...or else we wouldn't be experiencing this crisis we are in. Once again, your paranoia is kicking in.

Thirdly, obviously you've never paid attention to what Bill Cosby has said concerning the state of our people and racism. He brings up some good points.

What do I think of Malcolm X and Marcus Garvey? They had good ideas, great intentions...but just like you..they went about it the wrong way. They tried to fight racism with numbers and protests that lead to violence and unrealistic ideologies.

I edited my response because I wanted to get actual titles and author names for you to read. How was I making myself look stupid? Especially when you look stupid on a consistent basis with every post that you make. Take my time to find a book I haven't read? Son, I've read many books...don't make me laugh. Your ignorance and considerable state of unawareness is cause for serious concern. You're the type of nigga to get jipped in an Arab corner store and then claim that the white man never taught you how to count. You do nothing but blame and attack others for your complete lack of understanding and TRYING.
    test
  4. Joro

Joro New Member

So Malcolm X and Marcus Garvey were misguided...but Bill Cosby is on point. LOL hahaha LOL......

HAHAHAAHHAAHAHAH

sorry....I shouldn't laugh at a black man in the same struggle like this.

HAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
    test
  5. Wrecktify

Wrecktify New Member

YouTube - Black Scholar Boyce Watkins v Bill Cosby Pt 1

Watch this video. There are several parts to it on youtube. Tell me what you think afterwards. It's an argument against Cosby.

Here is another. Cosby on meet the press.
    1)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhZve73KQpQ&feature=related
    2)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuL8F9oHC2Q&feature=related

watch the Cosby one first.
    test
  6. Joro

Joro New Member

What...you want me to reply to this bullshit? If you read my "Is Bill Cosby Right?" thread, especially if you clicked the link and read the excerpt in its entirety instead of only the 3-4 paragraphs I copied for your dumb ass, you'll see that Dr. Dyson destroys Cosby. IMO, Cosby, like many blacks who have made it a lil ways up the ladder, looks down the ladder at the rest of blacks and feels shame and disgust.

What's he saying in this first clip? "The revolution is at home"? "The revolution is in your neighborhood"? ...What? So turning off the TV and doing homework everynight is gonna do something about my school being underfunded and the unequal education? Plus there's no poppy fields in the hood...who's bringin the drugs in, Mr.Cosby? No guns are manufactured there either. And who's gonna guide me through this minefield when my mom is out working two jobs to make ends meet and only comes home to sleep a few hours - being the victim both of racial stigma and an exploititive economic system?

Yo....Wrectify....read my thread....read the 3 paragraphs I copied for you...if you're really interested in learning click the link and read the whole excerpt. Then post ... for once I'll be interested in reading what you have to say.
    test
  7. Wrecktify

Wrecktify New Member

Go read my response to your Cosby article in the other thread.

1) I am a product of a poor inner city school district..one that has been in fiscal emergency for a while. 90% of the guys I went to elementary school with are either dead or in prison. Most of the girls are pregnant and single parents.

2) I didn't watch tv because we couldn't afford cable tv..so I read books(whatever books I could find, even if they were beyond my reading level. I read alot of my mother's books from nursing school etc. My dad taught me Algebra in elementary school.

My mother worked days and nights to keep food on the table....My family was on and off welfare...at times relying on a garden for food. I lost my father to drug abuse/divorce during my teenage yrs. You see those Somali pirates? That's what I looked like in my early yrs.

Getting through stuff like that takes an unbelievable amount of determination and will. What has happened is that most of our people have given up. They crack and quit under pressure. We as a people have ALWAYS and will CONTINUE to have to work harder than white folks for the simple fact that we spend 90% of the time warding off their attempts to discourage us..and the other 10% proving ourselves equal or superior to them..IF your lucky enough to get past that 90% hump. Most people say fuck it before they even think about trying. Dealing with these people is a cumbersome task...especially if you've infiltrated their status quo of jobs and neighborhoods.
    test
  8. Joro

Joro New Member

I hope you don't believe that if we stopped rapping and smiled all the time, stayed in Church more than one day a week, wore our pants above our waists and spoke the Queen's English that white people would love and respect us as equals...

Becuz if you don't believe that, then you have some sense. But then your quote above tells me that you've resigned yourself, your children, and your children's children to the white power structure's oppressive reality. We "ALWAYS and will CONTINUE to have" to deal with it, you say.

....anyways I'll stop. You won't get it.
    test
  9. Wrecktify

Wrecktify New Member

I haven't resigned to anything. I have accepted the fact that I live in America which is controlled by a corrupt corporate structure. I will always be black...there will always be racists. Since you can't change someone's viewpoint...and racism is technically a viewpoint..there is nothing that you can do about it besides being concerned about yourself. You also learn to realize that all whites aren't bad...and you keep pounding away at the doors of opportunity until someone answers. In the meantime, I've learned to just be a decent person and try not to be like them. Hating someone takes too much effort and energy. If you don't like me because I'm black...oh well...I'll shrug my shoulders and keep walking with my head high.
    test
  10. Eko Ren

Eko Ren New Member

I absolutely cannot believe that there is so much preoccupation with some silly conceptual nonsense that would be otherwise completely irrelevant.

But that being said, the guy who started this thread had a point. It is a little strange and tragic that this site is so preoccupied with racial issues. But this website doesn't seem all that caught up with music anyway. It's more like a little club.
    test
  11. Wrecktify

Wrecktify New Member

This site is a microcosm of the world that we live in. So, why would you be surprised that racial issues come up often? Racial issues will always be relevant until the problem is solved.
    test
  12. Eko Ren

Eko Ren New Member

This site isn't a microcosm at all. The internet in general is a viable microcosm of the industrialized world, but this website is a small population derived from middle-to-upper-middle class Westerners with random inevitable speckles of individuals from other parts of the world.

Ethnic division isn't a "problem," it's a product of the Capitalist dogma that made imperialism possible in the first place. Humans are funny and disgusting at the same time; indeed, we may translate as obscene from the outside looking in. But what makes us so is the fact that, although we live on a planet that is fully capable of effectively sustaining our enormous numbers as well as all other life, we are possessed of an intellect that make logical irrationalities (that exist elsewhere in nature--such as the proclivity of some animals to eat their/other's young) avoidable, and we're so far advanced from the next life form below us that we can live irreverent of other life--forget about predators, we have still found a way to construct an existence rife with strife, confusion, destruction, and regression.
    test
  13. Wrecktify

Wrecktify New Member

Are we really more advanced than other lower life forms? Technologically, of course. Socially, no. Ants are more advanced socially than humans, believe it or not. They display an astounding level of cooperation, respect for one another, social hierarchy and efficiency. They even have a sophisticated army. Believe it or not, the Chinese function more similar to Ants than people in the Americas. Call me crazy, but, we seriously need to take a lesson from those lowly bugs that love sugar.
    test
  14. Eko Ren

Eko Ren New Member

Welllllll...

...although I can kind of see your perspective, the entomology behind ants is pretty much Communism in its most extreme manifestation. In other words, you have the strong central government (queen) that is essentially there to propagate workers and receive the majority of support so that she can continue to invest in the work force while determining how rations are apportioned. Then you have the social elite that don't do anything except appease the government (drones) and the proletariat (female workers). But, what they exhibit in the course of their "social perfection" are all of the atrocities that advanced civilizations have been working to avoid--namely but not exclusively individual expendability (and projects centered around that presumption), general slavery (or, the mentality that allows one to tirelessly work to the benefit of the whole), and the same demographic-based classism that we're approaching in this thread (but in this case, it's gender inequality as opposed to the completely contrived ethnic taxonomy). Ants even engage in unnecessary warfare over petty attainments (red ants will be known to take up arms against black ants over one caterpillar or the remnants of a human meal). That's why you made that correlation--the Chinese are Communists. The Japanese, though, are nothing like ants. Natural imperialists, they are more akin to the western construct and all of its follies that this thread seeks to criticize. The rest of Asia are members of camps that follow either governing body (Japan or China).

Anyway, I'm pretty sure a society akin to that of ants would be a serious regression. I believe we have a lot more to learn from the Netherlands.
    test
  15. SIZZLA

SIZZLA New Member

you sound real educated... euro litterate that is! Assimilation and accommodation are both part of the adaptation process, and you my friend are a lil bit of both... while others are nationalist and pan african nnationalist. you feel that youve done some because you got educated etc, well, whites never wanted to hold you back, they just created a process that would weed out non assimilationist and/or accomidationist. you passed!
    test
  16. zero terranova

zero terranova ollǝɹoɯ

oh you're one of those guys.
    test
  17. kasparov

kasparov ducksnthugs.com staff

What is "hip hop conscious?" Conscious of hip hop? Even soccer moms are conscious of hip hop. That doesn't mean anything. Maybe you mean "fans of hip hop."

Also, I'm pretty sure anthropology is a scientific discipline that isn't currently racially segregated, unless there's a black-only anthropological institute that I was hitherto unaware of. Maybe there is! Get @ me.
    test
  18. Joro

Joro New Member

^^^anthropology is one of the scientific fields that has been most influenced by race politics over the years. The origins of man, the evolution of man, what views scientists have held over the years reflected their contemporary political agenda.

As for hiphop, it's a culture. Actual hiphop is not an industry for someone to be a "fan" of. "hiphop conscious" means a partaker of the culture. Hiphop affects how you think.
    test
  19. kasparov

kasparov ducksnthugs.com staff

Anthropology has definitely been affected by racial issues over the centuries. But in its present incarnation (esp. with the AAA's statement on race) it's hard to say they're pushing a sinister agenda.
    test
  20. Joro

Joro New Member

^^Look, my basic point is that in the past, people on this board have used junk anthropology to defame blackness.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.