Why weed is illegal (personal theory)

Discussion in '420Lounge' started by Job, Dec 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Job

Job I, Pirate

I was high at the time of conceiving this, but roll with me. Marijuana is illegal because, when high, a person feels something like a revolutionary. If weed were available on a legal basis, significantly more people would be high more often. If that were to happen, the government would be overthrown and their way of live would cease to exist. Therefore, weed = not legal ever.
    test
  2. toker

toker My Money Grow On Trees

imo its illegal cus the govt would not be able to control manufacutring an distribution of it unlike most drugs.. basically theres no money to be made so fuck it
    test
  3. ~Eloquent

~Eloquent Narcissistic....

well they could tax the shit out of it at stores if they really wanted to...
    but i think their would be a huge dilemma about other drugs being legalized then,
    more harmful drugs,
    keep in mind that people of the govt,whom never smoked themselves,
    might say...well shit,marijuana is very harmful,so is cocaine,so why dont we legalize it all!!!

but they are two very different drugs,
    the drug marijuana is like the closest is alcohol(imo)
    but they are also very different...

i would by the overtaxed weed at the store gladly,just cuz i could be myself about it and not worrying about some over abiding law citizen all on my dick about tryin to get me in trouble...

weed makes me think deeper,no doubt,
    but a deep thinker is apart of my normal personality to begin with
    sober or high..

so i dont think that their would be a millions of revolutionary pot smokers that could overthrow the govt if weed was legal

shit,some people get straight out burnt,after years of smokin
    some strange individuals...

just my thoughts..
    test
  4. THRiLLaH

THRiLLaH Snap, Crackle, Pop.

taxing it would be difficult, but doable

the dealers on the street would be ruined, if not ran out of business

i'm personally against the legalization, but i'm all for decriminalization.
    test
  5. PotHead

PotHead average brilliance

Marijuana is illegal because of Henry J. Arslinger

that bastard.
    test
  6. rocdamike

rocdamike New Member

1st of all marijuana is illegal because fear of people not being able to control themselves (i.e. fawked up), escalated because the users are minorities (Mexicans for Weed, and Blacks for cocaine, Asians for opium) and poor (when legislation occured) so they'll rob, rape, pillage, etc. Alcohol is the white man's substance, so it's alright (except for prohibition, of course) we brought alcohol, then got scared of the drugs other cultures have. After the original legislations, everything got worse because of the BEAURACRATS (sp?) wanting political gain and increased funding, exageration, propaganda, and scare campaings pushed everything over the edge.

2nd the government LOSES tons of money every year thanks to the black market drug trade and the war on drugs, by CHOICE. Generally, exports are good for America's economy and imports are bad (basic econ). This is why we have tarriffs, but what happens when you can't tax an import? Then it's even worse (a lot). I have read that roughly 90% of the street price of any drug is an effect of its illegality. Coke and Weed are just plants that grow very easily even in adverse conditions. The second blow to our economy is the war on drugs. We can't stop or tax these substances (since they're illegal), but we can sure spend billions of dollars trying (and failing).

So how do we WIN the war on drugs?
    ANSWER: By legalizing them, then we can CONTROL them.

What is more difficult to get in middle/high school? Pot or Beer?
    Beer.

If drugs were legalized, the government could impose regulations on the manufacturing (safety) and selling (taxing). Now we have safer drugs that are sold at tax-paying businesses. With an age restriction, this will take the drugs out of our childrens hands. They would become so inexpensive, that the goverment could tax the hell out of them and they would still be half the price we're used to. This would also bring the manufacturing and selling within our borders for the most part.

Why have an untarrifable imports when you could have an internal source of tax revenue and legal job creation? there is, of course, no good answer to this

Everyone should research the history of controlled substances, they are rarely prohibited for safety reasons. Its fear and politics.

btw, i can explain the economics of how much better of our country would be in much greater detail if neccesrary if need be as i am a third year student of economics.

Mike
    test
  7. skool ya

skool ya higher learning

the truth shall set you free..................
    test
  8. Metaphoracle

Metaphoracle Blunted on the MV-8000

that'd be dope buying packs of blunts like they're cigarettes, 20 in a pack. just a thought.
    test
  9. DoubleA

DoubleA YOUR TEAM SUCKS!!!

if the government had a way to subsidize, monopolize, and tax (to make money off) the production of weed, you wouldn't be able to open a magazine without ads for MARLBORO "FEEL-GOOD HAPPY-TIME" BLEND or NEWPORT CHILL THE FUCK OUT LIGHTS featuring cowboys and sunsets.
    test
  10. rocdamike

rocdamike New Member

The government wouldn't have to monopolize it, and they sure a hell would never subsidize it. Do you even know what those words mean?

Edit: Look them up, then you will see the basic contradiction in your statement.
    test
  11. Ninja Kid

Ninja Kid AKA Jae Keeps

btw, i can explain the economics of how much better of our country would be in much greater detail if neccesrary if need be as i am a third year student of economics.

^would you
    test
  12. Mista Pretend

Mista Pretend packindamacindabacofdaac

there is no way marijuana is close to alcohol you dumb ass. the drug closest to marijuana is hashish, then in the terms of the effects probably opium.
    test
  13. SPoKeN PHiLoSoPHy

SPoKeN PHiLoSoPHy crazy ill, mad rowdy

the only reason why weed isnt legal is because it cant be taxed... cus anyone can grow anywhere... and the govt dont want people makin money without them knowing about it and not gettin a lil slice of it... that's pretty much why...

but besides that... weed would do more beneficial things if legalized.. it's the most profitable cash crop in america... and there's a BUNCH of other shit...
    test
  14. Dj Streetsz

Dj Streetsz New Member

he meant weed is close to alcohal in terms or harmful effects and what it does to you, ive heard from mad people including my history teacher that weed is less harmful than alcohol
    test
  15. Dj Streetsz

Dj Streetsz New Member

most of yall are wrong on why weed is illegal and some of yall scratched the surface, the answer to that question is way to long for me to sit here n type cuz igot blunts to smoke n places to go but i just though id let yall know
    test
  16. Ninja Kid

Ninja Kid AKA Jae Keeps

there is no way marijuana is close to alcohol you dumb ass. the drug closest to marijuana is hashish, then in the terms of the effects probably opium.

Hashish IS weed dumbass, its just the resin taken off the bud and leaves...
    test
  17. [Eddie-Brock]

[Eddie-Brock] Rapmusic's Venom

That is FUCKING genius.
    test
  18. -ABT-

-ABT- a.k.a. BentFranklin

crazy way of thinking....but its also all indivdual so not all pp wanna rebel but thats sum crazy shit bro....worddd

legalize weeed so we can all kick bush's ass out
    test
  19. Temple_shotz

Temple_shotz New Member

Before weed was discovered to pose minimal health hazards it was considered a drug in the same class as cocaine. When the UN was formed, its members agreed to ban weed in their nation, thus a global banning of weed. In some countries like Korea weed is still considered to be a crazy drug right next to heroine and ecstacy by all classes of society...

Anyway the point is, everyone has their theories here, but then why don't piss poor countries like Mexico legalize weed? It would benefit the country financially a whole lot more than it would in the US...
    test
  20. rocdamike

rocdamike New Member

Better explanation of the Economics behind the loss money in the illegality of Marijuana... by request

1st off, Marijuana could be taxed just as easily as alcohol is. No one would bother growing and curing their own marijuana if they could go to the store and buy genetically "perfected" pot grown by a professional horticulturalist for dirt cheap (prices would be around 25% to 50% of current street prices after even a 100% tax on it). Remember, open markets demand (reward) efficiency.

People can easily brew their own beer at home, why don't most?
    A. - cause it's a hassle, and an efficient pro can do it cheaper and better.
    This would also apply to pot, there is no refuting this.

The two main expenses involved with Marijuana are the wasted money on trying to keep it out of our country, and the second is the money spent to incarcerate nonviolent drug offenders / DEA stuff within our borders.

So these two HUGE expenses would be immediately eliminated.

The secondary cost of Marijuana is the lost revenue. If it were legal, it would be easily taxed and for the most part, grown in the U.S. (cause it can pretty much grown anywhere outside, but is usually done best indoors) But, because it is illegal, it cannot be taxed (unless a dealer gets caught... this % doens't make a difference though, it's so small compared all the deals and pounds going unnoticed). It is also often imported (more common around the borders). If it were legal, the USDs apent on pot would not be going to Canadians and Mexicans, the dollars would stay here in our domestic economy (good for the economy, imports are bad for the most part, but they are TERRIBLE when you can't tarriff(tax) them).

So we would simultaneously eliminate a ton of expenses, create a new source of tax revenue, and keep more USDs within our borders.

If this wasn't clear enough, i'm sorry but you need to do a little econ research, cause i'm not about to teach intro to macro economics on a forum, haha

Mike
    *stoned*
    but still a great econ student
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.